Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2001 M Coupe - Alpine White over Imola Red

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Sold.
    Last edited by sitdownrando; 06-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.

My Cars
    X5/5MT || Z4MC
    Beautiful car, that M sport button made me lolol
    Past Builds:
    S54 E36 Compact Build|Thread|IG|@_goldfinger|

Current Fleet:
    Z4 M Coupe - Black Sapphire Metallic over Black

My Cars
    z3
    Holy cow Mark - no kidding? Easily the best color combo and a sunroof delete S54 makes it very special. Sad to see you selling it but guess you're spending more time behind the wheel of your other M Coupe

GLWS!!!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Z3C 3.0
    Damn, beautiful car. Good luck with the sale!

My Cars
    E90 M3, S54 Clown shoe
    If you had been three years earlier, literally to the day! GLWS

"If you go backwards through the Pearly Gates in a giant fireball, that's a cool way to die." -Richard Hammond

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    oh man mark. If i were to ever trade in my roady for a coupe.... this would be the one. hot damn that's clean.

Someone buy my roady so I can buy mark's coupe!
    My wheel bolts require more torque than your honda makes.

My Cars
    Chariot
    Is this for real or you just clownin us...

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Such a Gorgeous ///M. Wish I had the spare cash lying around. GLWS.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Do you take payments in kidneys? I can spare at least one and maybe find a few more... Laying about.

The boots really tie the whole car together. Sarcasm. Sort of. Lebowski.

Gorgeous car. Would pull the trigger if we weren't hoarding cash for an X5 baby hauler.
    Jon Maddux

16 F15 X5d | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe | 99 M coupe
    http://coupenut.blogspot.com/
    http://x5nut.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    The boots really tie the whole car together. Sarcasm. Sort of. Lebowski.

Gorgeous car. Would pull the trigger if we weren't hoarding cash for an X5 baby hauler.
    That made me laugh.

My Cars
    E90 M3, S54 Clown shoe
    Is pending sale to EA?

"If you go backwards through the Pearly Gates in a giant fireball, that's a cool way to die." -Richard Hammond

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Wouldn't be surprised...

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueBMW View Post
    Is pending sale to EA?
    Sale isn't final, so won't elaborate until things are official.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    Ida gave you 5 stacks 😃

My Cars
    S54 e36/8, X3 M40i
    Sold to Avazi Auto...basically an EAG. I actually know the owner's brother...he was a coupe owner and on this forum for a short time.

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Sale was finalized today to Avazi Auto. Spoke with several interested parties and as much as I would have liked to sell it to an individual enthusiast, I'm sure Avazi will find the proper owner for this beauty. Painless transaction.

Thanks for all the positive comments about the car. It has been the finest automobile I've ever owned..

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Hmmm...coming to my area, might want to go take a look just for interest. They have some really pristine E 36/7/8's in their inventory.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I hate these bullshit speculators that add no value to the vehicle and help inflate prices. It's disappointing that an enthusiast who probably had plenty of private party interest would go this route.

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    If OP got his asking price with no fuss or muss, I have no issue with him selling to a dealer. A certified corporate cashier's check or wire transfer is easy and painless. Barring the rare deal where one enthusiast has prior personal experience with the private buyer at his door, selling a nice car to an individual always carries some risk - damaging the car during the test drive, haggling over price and nitpicking flaws are just a few potential hassles. Then even if a deal is worked out, handling funds transfer can also be potentially drawn out. I happy for the OP that he got an apparently quick easy sale.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    Chariot
    Back on the market... talk about a quick flip.

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C

My Cars
    S54 e36/8, X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Hmmm...coming to my area, might want to go take a look just for interest. They have some really pristine E 36/7/8's in their inventory.
    I want to head out there to look at their stock too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    If OP got his asking price with no fuss or muss, I have no issue with him selling to a dealer. A certified corporate cashier's check or wire transfer is easy and painless. Barring the rare deal where one enthusiast has prior personal experience with the private buyer at his door, selling a nice car to an individual always carries some risk - damaging the car during the test drive, haggling over price and nitpicking flaws are just a few potential hassles. Then even if a deal is worked out, handling funds transfer can also be potentially drawn out. I happy for the OP that he got an apparently quick easy sale.
    I messaged OP and he did get his asking price. I don't find issue with him selling it to Avazi for that reason. If a dealer wants to buy stock at private party asking price, hold the car for who knows how long, and sell it for a premium, they have every right to. I'm not sure why people get pissed when owners sell to EAG or Avazi. A private party could have contacted the seller and offered asking and gotten the car, just like Avazi did. That's exactly how the housing market in DC is. Something comes for sale, you have to jump on it at or above asking price within days, or you don't get it. I see no reason why our vehicles should be any different...there are a lot less of them then houses in the country...gotta pay to play.

My Cars
    z3
    I think people get upset because as a previous poster mentioned, they buy the car and add no value then resell for a higher price later. The initial seller doesn't get hurt - they got their asking price - but the next buyer ends up paying say $60K for a car they could have got for $45k if it weren't for speculators.

Regarding your second point there - I think if the car had been for sale for any length of time I think people wouldn't be bothered. But it seems in this instance private parties didn't even have time to possibly purchase it, most of these dealers have people constantly trawling sales mediums for deals they can pick up. But conversely, it's certainly not reasonable to expect a private party to wait for another private party to sell to.

To fix your housing market metaphor lets say realtors picked up houses for $300K that were on the market for all of one day then resold for $400k. Sure - you snooze you lose - but speculators are just in it to make money, be it in houses or the rare car market. It's not exactly fair to the eventual buyer from an outside perspective - but at the end of that day that's capitalism. If the eventual buyer is happy paying the price for it, it's a fair deal.

I will say I just got off the phone with them and their asking price isn't too unreasonable compared to what they paid for it. I don't want to give away the number for privacy reasons but I wouldn't consider it price gouging when one factors in the cost of shipping and costs associated with listing and etc. Also sounds like the car already has a few potential buyers, I wouldn't be surprised to see the new owner there when the car gets dropped off ready to drive it home.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Reality is, the market sets prices. It only takes one buyer willing to pay the price. If there are no buyers at a given price, then the price is too high and the seller will adjust. This isn't water or air we're talking about. Nobody needs a BMW. Those who want one will determine what they're willing to pay and buy accordingly.
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast