Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PnP aftermarket alarms with options!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

PnP aftermarket alarms with options!

Here's the deal!

EDIT 6/6/23:

Currently in stock:
    1x OEM harness
    1x siren w/ plug
    0x siren w/o plug
    1x OEM alarm brain

What I am offering: (This includes my parts and labor)

100% plug and play:
    $150/175 Keyless entry (includes: lock/unlock, parking light flash, siren chirps (if applicable), some newer Viper alarms require additional relays that account for the pricing difference.)**
    $45 Remote window roll UP (this will lock the doors as well, but NOT arm the alarm)

Mostly plug and play: (requires tapping 3-7 wires behind the glove box, use requires alarm to be disarmed)
    $60 Remote window roll UP (non-locking, non-arming)
    $60 Remote window roll DOWN
    $40 Remote hatch pop (COUPES only, I have not verified, but am 90% sure roadster do not have the actuator that the coupes do)

What else will cost money:
    $75 OEM siren & Harness ($25 if I am just offering harnesses, you'll have to source your own OEM siren or splice in the aftermarket viper)
    $20 UPS insured shipping (CONT US, extra for anything else)

Your choice of:
    Viper 3100vx ~$50 (1-way, 1 channel, two ugly remotes)
    Viper 3105v ~$60 (1-way, 1channel, two okay remotes)
    Viper 5806 ~$180 (2-way, 6channel, with one 2-way one 1-way remote, remote start capable (however I don't offer remote start functions))
    Viper 4806v ~$199 (2-way, 6channel, two nice remotes (1-1way 1-2way))

These are some of the current models that are more readily available, please check pricing and remotes as you like.

The Details:
    You choose your alarm system and options I offer, Paypal me the money, I order the alarm and source parts as required shipped directly to me. I will usually wire, test, and ship everything within 1 week of recieving all parts. However, I request a 2 week window in the event I am busy.

I will solder all my connections and have them heat shrink isolated. I use relay sockets for my relay connections (where applicable).

Everyone likes pictures:
    This is a Viper 3203 2-way wired for remote window roll up and keyless for an 01 Roady.

The white wires seen are for the two window switch tie ins and the orange & red/white are to supply power to the ZKE-IV module when triggered.

Why do the prices seem so high?
    These systems will have a better range than any OEM alarm option.
    Also, the remotes will be readily available for years, and not be going on eBay for 80+ each USED.
    They also will come out of the box with 2 remotes (typically).
    Options! Who wouldn't be interested in remote windows, or trunk popping?
    I will be bench testing each before it gets shipped to you
    I provide a photo installation guide as well from my Mcoupe linked below.

If you have any questions let me know and I will be happy to answer anything for you.

For Pricing examples:
    Basic keyless with 3105- $295* ($50 for alarm, $75 for harness/siren, $150 basic labor, $20 shipping)
    Whole shibang with 4806- $604* ($199 for alarm, $120 for window roll up & down, $40 for hatch pop, $75 siren/harness, $150 basic labor, $20 shipping)

*Pricing depends on alarm costs at time of purchase, these are just what I've gotten previously but will depend on supplier and time of purchase. (Pricing as of 12/11)
    **Viper 5806, requires relays for lock/unlock pulses to correct polarity (I will update this list as I come across them)

Thanks!

DIY Photo Installation: HERE
    Last edited by robb1887; 06-06-2023 at 03:10 PM.

My Cars
    S54 M Coupe, E36 M3(s)
    Oooooo I'm most likely in for the keyless entry and remote window roll up features.
    ///M

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    First come first serve. Get them now before they are gone!

I am always on the lookout for more harnesses and sirens, but cannot garuntee their pricing since OEM alarms are getting more expensive all the time

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Saturday bump!

Still have two left, one is soon to be gone. First come first served!
    Last edited by robb1887; 03-29-2014 at 08:10 AM.

My Cars
    99 Nike airmax
    Is the last one still available? Interested in a PnP Keyless with the 3203. I don't need remote window/hatch pop.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Yes, still have two available. Fiv has been back and forth with me but still hasn't pulled the trigger. I'll pm you.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Another sold this morning, one remaining!

My Cars
    01' Z3 M Roadster
    Hey guys,

I just finished the install of mine. Everything works great! The worst part is getting the glove box out. Super service by Robb. Thanks

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 02 Z3 2.5
    PM sent.
    1999 M Coupe Boston Green, Beige, H&R/Bilsteins, Underdrive Pulleys, Euro 6 speed, UUC SSK and Randy Forbes in the back
    2002 2.5 Z3 roadster Oxford Green, auto, all stock
    2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually 385 HP, 850 ft lbs torque at 1600 rpm, all stock and staying that way
    2004 Mini Cooper Chili Red, daily driver, modified almost daily

My Cars
    99 M Rdstr, 92 325ic,
    Do I have to have an E36 siren? I like the one on my E39 much better.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Sirens are from E36s from what I know. Might just be the different alarm brains making them sound different as well.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Bump! Got my hands on two harnesses, with no sirens.

Can make everything work but you will either have to go siren-less, source your own, or splice the viper siren into your OEM harness and mount it somehow.

Only pricing that will change for these two is that the "OEM parts" will only be $25 since I do not have sirens for these packages.

My Cars
    1989 325i: 00 M Roadster
    Remote start?

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    No, remote start is definitely NOT plug and play optional. It also requires ALOT more work that I believe it's worth in our car.

I only had it on my last E36 because I worked at an ICE/Alarm shop at the time.

I ended up having to get 2 new keys because my EWS forgot the first key's coding and could not be re-programmed since there is (or was) not a "black box" to trick the EWS. I also fried my clutch switch accidently, but it's just a "to-ground" switch so I just shorted it which solved the issue anyway since I left my car out of gear 98% of the time.

My Cars
    Several
    This would be really nice to have, I just don't have the funds for one right now
    "If the Corvette is a rebellious child of the extended automotive family, the M coupe is the blackest of sheep." - via Car & Driver

My Cars
    S52 times 2
    More pics of remotes and respective prices. I need keyless in the roadstah!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Find whatever remotes and alarm you prefer. You pay me that cost and whatever options you like, I'll order your alarm of choice and send you the kit you ordered.

My Cars
    z3
    Its all plug and play? How hard would it be to order one for the roadster now and swap it to the coupe in the future? Is that possible? I'm getting too old to walk up to the car with a key all the time
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 11-21-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    If all you want is keyless entry (and roll up windows) I can make it 100% plug and play. If you want roll down, hatch pop, or non-locking roll up, it is 95% plug and play (max 6 wires to tap for ALL the bells and whistles).

Yes, the roady to coupe will direct swap, or I can make you two, and you can have it in both. Also works with E36, E34 and E39's that are alpine alarm prewired with the 12-pin connector.

My Cars
    S52 times 2
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    If all you want is keyless entry (and roll up windows) I can make it 100% plug and play. If you want roll down, hatch pop, or non-locking roll up, it is 95% plug and play (max 6 wires to tap for ALL the bells and whistles). Yes, the roady to coupe will direct swap, or I can make you two, and you can have it in both. Also works with E36, E34 and E39's that are alpine alarm prewired with the 12-pin connector.
    where is said connector and make with the remote pics! That's all we need I'll never see the rest of it lol

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Connector is behind the glove box next to the ZKW body module. As far as I know ALL z3's have been pre-wired.

Remotes can look like whatever you want to buy.
    http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5706V-Se...ds=viper+alarm
    http://www.amazon.com/Viper-Security...ds=viper+alarm
    http://www.amazon.com/Viper-3203-Res...iper+car+alarm

for a few... but you can choose a python... clifford... or any other name brand you like.

My Cars
    Z3 and Z4 M Coupe
    So just to be clear:
    If someone already has a factory keyless (but maybe they've lost the remotes or something)

It would be $75 for your plug and play, plus $20 for shipping?
    Just for keyless entry, not an alarm.
    Drink wine! BMW CCA #373875 - 2007 M Coupe (project) - 2000 Z3 Coupe - 2015 Impreza wagon

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Any "just keyless entry" systems are mostly garbage. I would highly suggest getting at least a base line aftermarket alarm before a stand alone keyless. Also, if you already had the factory alarm I would need the wiring harness to splice into anything aftermarket alarm or keyless regardless.

If you supplied your own harness to me, you'd have that shipping, plus the 75 basic wiring, plus whatever system you wanted to put into the car, and shipping back to you.

You would not need to pay for the OEM parts since you have them already, i.e. the harness and siren.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 roadster
    I am interested in just the keyless entry. So if I read post #1 correctly it is $120 ($17 + $25 +$20) +3% Paypall fees?

That will be totally plug-n-play and have all necessary parts including the remote (no siren)?

One question If I lock the trunk separately with the key (you know the extra turn to the right on the trunk lock) does the remote unlock it as well?
    Last edited by gbirkemeier; 12-08-2014 at 01:55 AM.

I guess I like blue....Focus ST & 1997 2.8i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast