Thread: Dont You Just Love It

My Cars
    79 320i, 00 323i wagon, 69 Z28 Camaro

Dont You Just Love It

So today I was driving around my town and saw another e21 driving, and as he passes we both honk and give a little wave to each other as if we are friends with the other person. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

My Cars
    1983 320i
    A couple days ago i was with one of my friends, and out of no were she starts freaking out and SCREAMING in my ear, HEY THATS YOU CAR, ITS YOUR CAR TURN AROUND ITS YOUR CAR. so i turn around and we meet up at he gas station, we talk about our cars for at least an hour. I love the rareness of our cars.

My Cars
    83 320i
    That always puts a smile on my face!

My Cars
    1983 320is
    I always hit the lights for oncoming e21's

My Cars
    E46 M3 ZCP, Model S P90D
    only one other knowledgeable E21 owner in College Station, and he's already on bf.c. Other than that, there's a ratty torn up old one and one owned by an old lady who probably just needed a cheap car. I rarely get thumbs up from e46 drivers, but most people have no idea what it is (they just assume they're faster than it because it's old).

I wish I saw more e21's

My Cars
    1983 320is
    Don't feel bad, my e21 gets no love around here either. I actually had some pud in a e34 (90;s5er) look right at my car and spit a hawker right in front of it as we were passing each other in the grocery store parking lot. I was like huh? I almost backed up and said something, but I didn't feel like getting shot that day cause everybody around here is just mental. Seems like every doosh with a couple bucks has a new bimmer around here. My car is so cool they don't even know.

My Cars
    '71 Bavaria
    i see them quite a bit

My Cars
    1982 BMW 320i Century Turbo
    i've never seen another e21 other than mine. not being at all racist, but where i live just outside of vancouver, there is about an 86% immigrant ratio. not kidding. and mostly from asia (ie: korea, japan, various parts of china etc..). and its either brand spankin' new BMW, Mercedes Benz, or Audi. oh and more Is-F's than you can shake a stick at. but no mattery who the bmw driver is (apart from old ladies) i always get the nodd. shwing!

STOP PM'ING ME ABOUT MY WHEELS
    -Crager D-window , 17x8 et0 (then add 12mm spacers up front and 15mm spacers in the rear). falken ziex 912 205/40/17

My Cars
    94 Chevy bucket
    I have never seen another e21 in my city, i want see more than just e46's. But there is this one e30, but the kid is in high school and thinks it would beat mine.
    1978 320i- 12psi= blown up m10
    1989 Iroc z camaro- Traded
    1968 Dodge Coronet- Traded
    1999 Honda civic- Traded
    1992 Civic hatch b16b- Traded
    1989 300zx TT- Traded
    1994 Civic SI- Traded
    1989 BMW 325is- traded
    1988 Civic hatch turbo- Sold
    Currently looking for a real sports car....

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDude320i View Post
    Anyone can buy a BMW. But it takes a certain enthusiasm to get involved enough to keep K-jet running right, and to put up with the ever failing hazard switch...and the infinite other e21 quirks. And you're rewarded with unmatchable road feel and classic styling.

My Cars
    E46 M3 ZCP, Model S P90D
    I pay no mind to e30's and newer (except for e30 m3's and e34 m5's - really only an enthusiast would keep pouring money and sweat into those beauties). E30's are cheap and most of them are still pretty worry free. E36's, same deal. E46's are basically new in my eyes. Like I've always said, anyone can buy a BMW. But it takes a certain enthusiasm to get involved enough to keep K-jet running right, and to put up with the ever failing hazard switch...and the infinite other e21 quirks. And you're rewarded with unmatchable road feel and classic styling.

My Cars
    94 Chevy bucket
    words of a true legionair lol had to put it in my sig, to piss off all the other bimmer drivers lol
    1978 320i- 12psi= blown up m10
    1989 Iroc z camaro- Traded
    1968 Dodge Coronet- Traded
    1999 Honda civic- Traded
    1992 Civic hatch b16b- Traded
    1989 300zx TT- Traded
    1994 Civic SI- Traded
    1989 BMW 325is- traded
    1988 Civic hatch turbo- Sold
    Currently looking for a real sports car....

Anyone can buy a BMW. But it takes a certain enthusiasm to get involved enough to keep K-jet running right, and to put up with the ever failing hazard switch...and the infinite other e21 quirks. And you're rewarded with unmatchable road feel and classic styling.

My Cars
    '76 2002, '86 535i DD
    and to put up with the ever failing hazard switch...
    My E21 hazard switch is jammed with a toothpick to stop it from coming out. There are currently 4 hazard switches that came with the car in the glove box. I'll be ordering a new one tomorrow.

-Andrew Poon

My Cars
    E46 M3 ZCP, Model S P90D
    Quote Originally Posted by Poon View Post
    My E21 hazard switch is jammed with a toothpick to stop it from coming out. There are currently 4 hazard switches that came with the car in the glove box. I'll be ordering a new one tomorrow.

-Andrew Poon
    I've been through two already. I had the last one sitting just right, so it wouldn't pop out as long as no one did anything to it. I pulled to the side of the road once to wait for my dad, and my friend (also in the car) reached to turn on the hazards - i literally screamed. DON'T TOUCH IT!!

On my current one, I just took off the red cover and the light, and it stays clicked in. Works fine now - just doesn't have the plastic cover on it.

My Cars
    323i, 325e, 535i
    The first thing my partner did when she sat in my first e21 was press the hazard switch in, giving me an early lesson on the hazard switch problem.

My Cars
    '82 320i
    damned hazard switch! I just ordered a new one. Please oh please let it work so I can pass inspection and get my car registered before the temp tags run out!! Then it can crap out all it wants!

My Cars
    E21, 04 STI, LS6 Sonoma
    The only E21 i've seen on the road in person I almost smashed into because as i was turning the corner at a T in the road I waived and my other hand slipped off the wheel. It was an older woman and she was pretty happy to see my car too.

it is a pretty cool feeling though.

My Cars
    '82 320i

sorry for the mispost

i thought i was responding to a different thread. Seems to have worked in this one too but my apologies.

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    Whenever i see another e21, i usually follow it til it notices me. then i wave. but before i had my license i was driving down the interstate with my permit and some badass in a 2000 something M5 came up fast beside me, slowed down, then gave me a thumbs up and a honk and took off. I felt special for the rest of the day.

My Cars
    '86 635Csi '91 911
    Can I PLEEEEEASE put a V8 in my car????!!!????? I'd love to blow by an M3...any M3....and be able to slow down, wave, and just take off again all stealth-like. Maybe I need a Bullit302-e21 build special project!
    '86 635CSi, '91 911 Targa, '11 Ford Flex, '08 H-D Softail.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a veteran.

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    they would probably look at you like wtf? and then try to catch you but have an epic fail cuz you would be gone.

My Cars
    '86 635Csi '91 911
    Actually I worry that my driveline would epic-fail with all that torque. I already measured and I figure with a radiator relocated to where the a/c condensor is in front of the valence, a Ford 289/302 would have plenty of space. I figure just use a Ford transmission, resize the driveshaft, and try not to do too many burnouts and the stock driveline might last awhile.
    '86 635CSi, '91 911 Targa, '11 Ford Flex, '08 H-D Softail.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a veteran.

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    Thats very true. But, speaking in my non thorough logic terms, they would not catch you.