Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Experience with FCP Euro "Lifetime Warranty?

My Cars
    BMW

Experience with FCP Euro "Lifetime Warranty?

As title states, any experience with the "Lifetime" Warranty. Seems too good to be true

My Cars
    540i/6
    well how long does it take a part to fail? Warranty is only for the original purchaser and the car will probably be long sold/gone in the 5, 8, 10 yrs that it takes X part to fail again from age. if the few people that keep their cars come ringing a few yrs later for a new CCV (for example), no biggie.

I just bought a radiator from them. I plan on keeping my car as a daily for as long as possible ... so i plan on that radiator being replaced or refunded by them one day
    Nick
    2003 540i/6
    Intro/clean-up thread

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    We were discussing this in another thread recently. To my disbelief, it seems they do honor this. However, it seems that probably only 5% of their parts are actually replaced under warranty because of the reason mng just stated. Most people probably won't have these cars when the part fails.

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    seems like an excellent excuse to get cheapo window regulators (like those ones from Uro.
    its annoying when they fail but replacement is free so, hey why not
    Looking for an e39 Touring black carpet set, including the rear cargo cubbies and side sections!
    ALSO looking for 540i 6speed manual transmission sets (2001+ pedals with switches, driveshaft, gearbox), for the 6speed swap! Probably not for a while....

GN92489
    540i msport touring; jet black on grey
    Progress Thread (general)
    Progress thread (touring specific)

My Cars
    2013 X5 35i M-Sport
    ^ or pony up for the oem part and when it fails, you get a new oem part

VRSF CP & DP | BMS Intake | MHD 2+ Tune | BavSound Stage 1 | 20% Tint
    Contact me for module coding/ECU resets

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    I would rather spend a lot more money to only do a job like that once rather than buy cheap parts and planning on replacing it often.

My Cars
    F10 N52
    +1^

For certain items, like window regulator, I actually paid 40% more so that I can use it as I wish, and when it does fail, I get a new OE replacement. It's actually a good marketing model for the reasons stated above.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Flounderasu tells me that only a small portion of FCP's customers use their warranty, which is why they offer it on everything. Basically, you have to buy a new part, then fill out some forms and ship back your old, broken part, and then FCP will credit you for that part. At least that's what I've heard.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    '02 540i 6MT
    I haven't seen the actual warranty language in the documents and couldn't find one online. My last invoice doesn't have the warranty provision so this is all I could find on their website below. The info about utilizing the warranty came from RVAE's previously mentioned thread where the discussion broke out - I believe it was actually Redshift that came to that conclusion based on his experience with warranty claims. Whether this warranty is transferrable or not, is unclear, but I would take the legal position that it IS transferrable without a written disclaimer.

Our mission is to set the standard for quality and service in the online automotive industry. Therefore, all replacement parts sold by FCP are backed by an industry-leading comprehensive, lifetime parts warranty. If for any reason you are unhappy with your FCP purchase we will gladly take it back.

Q: Does your lifetime warranty include standard wear items like brake components, filters, and wiper blades?
    A: Yes, our lifetime warranty includes every product we sell including wear items.

Q: How can FCP possibly afford to offer this?
    A: We consider this the cost of business if we want to keep our customers happy and coming back to us for life.

Q. What is the procedure for a product warranty?
    A: If you have a product that needs a warranty replacement, simply contact us and purchase the replacement part. Well ship the new part to you, and when you ship the warranty part back we’ll give you a refund or customer credit after 90 days.

Q. Are there any limitations on the lifetime warranty?
    A. The warranty does not transfer to a new vehicle owner, and it does not cover parts modified to fit applications other than what they were originally intended for.

Q. Does FCP cover labor or repair expense on warranty items?
    A. FCP does not cover any labor or repair expenses.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    And since you also pay shipping for both the new part and the old part, it makes no sense to go through the process for a cheap part like a gasket. It's still worth it for a regulator or water pump though.

My Cars
    2002 330Ci Conv.
    OP, replied to your other thread and wanted to comment here, as well.

I've had only positive experiences with their lifetime warranty, and have been buying parts from them for a good number of years. Having actually used their warranty, I can confirm it’s exactly what they claim it to be.

I’m a huge fan of FCP, and there are plenty of other positive reviews out there pertaining to their lifetime warranty. People who aren’t familiar with them often raise an eyebrow at that, but here’s a recent quote from Max Rossi, one of the owners and VP of Sales:

Quote Originally Posted by FCPEuro
    Our competitors may brag about a hassle free returns policy then make you jump through hoops but I can assure you our Lifetime Guarantee is as simple and as solid as it sounds.

So just to clarify once and for all:

1. FCP has a lifetime Warranty on all parts (excluding performance parts)
    2. This includes all wear and tear items (brake pads, wiper blades, etc..)
    3. There is no catch, no scam, no fine print, no strings attached. As long as you own the car you can send the part back at any time!

If you are ever told anything differently here is my direct contact information max@fcpeuro.com and I will personally take care of you.

-Max (FCP Owner) [Source]
    This has been my experience, as well, and the return form is about as simple as it gets: https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/returns-and-exchanges.

A while back, someone jokingly asked if their warranty covers oil, of all things, and here’s their response:

Quote Originally Posted by FCPEuro
    If you order oil from us and it didn't meet your expectations (broke down too easily, didn't meet specifications you wanted, etc) we WILL warranty it. [Source]
    I’ve always found them to be straightforward and honest and think their warranty is based on their customers being the same.

Aside from their free shipping, customer service, and the fact they’re a forum sponsor, their lifetime warranty alone is and has been a huge draw. As far as reliability goes, I had a good chuckle after reading a comment from back in 2009 from someone who told FCP:

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeee46coupe
    Lifetime warranty sounds good; but what's to say you'll be in business even 2 months from now? We've seen companies offer lifetime warranties only to fold in a few months, its going to take allot more than a promise to win Fanatics over. [Source]
    That was six years ago.

I’ve shopped and done business with many of the parts vendors out there, and keep coming back to these guys. I'm at 160,000 miles and on my second and third maintenance cycle for many things, so FCP's lifetime warranty has certainly paid for itself. They’re all-around great guys to do business with, and I'd recommend them highly.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    I also love FCP Euro because they're one of the few BMW parts suppliers with a site that looks modern. Like don't get me wrong, I love Bav Auto, but their 1995-esque website makes buying from them a lot more difficult than it has to be. FCP Euro's website makes everything a total breeze.

My Cars
    2002 330Ci Conv.
    ^ Agreed. For what it’s worth, I remember seeing where Bav Auto was looking to redesign and launch a new site before this summer. Obviously that time has passed, but at least they’re aware of the usability issues. For the handful of times I've had to use my phone for things, it's refreshing to see FCP with a mobile-friendly site.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilberVogel View Post
    ^ Agreed. For what it’s worth, I remember seeing where Bav Auto was looking to redesign and launch a new site before this summer. Obviously that time has passed, but at least they’re aware of the usability issues. For the handful of times I've had to use my phone for things, it's refreshing to see FCP with a mobile-friendly site.
    As a full time web developer, the fact that their site is mobile-friendly pretty much sealed the deal. FCP Euro is one of the first places I check for any parts. The only other place I get parts from is Autohaus, simply because of the convenience of being able to pick things up in person and not pay for shipping.

My Cars
    BMW
    Thanks for all the responses. Seems like FCPs plan works. With all the members here, seems not many actually have to make use of the warranty and most people seem to get rid of their car before needing to make a claim.

Where does it say you are responsible for shipping on both the new and old part? I thought with their free shipping over $49, anything warrantied-if over $49 would be free too.
    Last edited by hapollo; 09-09-2015 at 09:56 PM.

My Cars
    540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by hapollo View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Seems like FCPs plan works. With all the members here, seems not many actually have to make use of the warranty and most people seem to get rid of their car before needing to make a claim.

Where does it say you are responsible for shipping on both the new and old part? I thought with their free shipping over $49, anything warrantied-if over $49 would be free too.
    suppose the return shipping you'd have to pay for...
    Nick
    2003 540i/6
    Intro/clean-up thread

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    its a good policy because it's a big draw for new customers AND it doesn't cost them much as others have said, its a feel-good thing.

I've dumped right about $1200 into these guys over the past two months at this point, and I've only just now realized that no matter what shipping option i choose (including the free economy shipping) it's two day shipping since their main warehouse is in CT, like a 3 hour drive from me.

My only gripe is their selection on non-standard stuff is basically zero. Can't get any LED angel eyes or black painted grills or stainless steel brake lines or things of that nature
    Last edited by joekitch; 09-10-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    Looking for an e39 Touring black carpet set, including the rear cargo cubbies and side sections!
    ALSO looking for 540i 6speed manual transmission sets (2001+ pedals with switches, driveshaft, gearbox), for the 6speed swap! Probably not for a while....

GN92489

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5
    Finally, keep in mind that they'll price match. So you don't have to pay more from FCP necessarily just to get the lifetime warranty.
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Hey guys. My name is Gareth and I am the BMW Product Manager at FCP Euro. I figured I would chime in here guys and I apologize for the late response. Yes, this warranty is the real deal. We don't have exclusions and the reason why we offer this warranty for customers is because it is the cost of doing business. Warrantying a part here and there for any customer is the cost of doing business. Additionally, we can offer this warranty because we have become very selective about the products we offer and myself being the direct manager of the BMW Catalog I can tell you I have spent a lot of time weeding out products that have poor performance or problems with reliability. If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact me at gareth@fcpeuro.com.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    its a good policy because it's a big draw for new customers AND it doesn't cost them much as others have said, its a feel-good thing.

I've dumped right about $1200 into these guys over the past two months at this point, and I've only just now realized that no matter what shipping option i choose (including the free economy shipping) it's two day shipping since their main warehouse is in CT, like a 3 hour drive from me.

My only gripe is their selection on non-standard stuff is basically zero. Can't get any LED angel eyes or black painted grills or stainless steel brake lines or things of that nature
    We're working on that. Being a die hard BMW enthusiast myself I have bought many accessories before for my BMW's. I would like FCP Euro to become a one stop shop for all BMW owners for just about everything. We've developed a really reliable supply network for replacement parts and I hope one day to have just as a robust network for the fun stuff as well.
    Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns.
    FCP Euro - OEM & Genuine European Auto Parts Online

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    well if you do set up some aftermarket parts supplies, make sure to get the good stuff!
    right now if i want LED angel eyes i need to get the really crappy ones ECS sells
    same with the blackout grill

GN92489

My Cars
    BMW
    Gareth, thanks for replying to my post and explanation. I recall a time when FCP would sell Karlyn suspension parts and after 1 yr would fail and people would complain on the forums.

While the parts were cheap, the cost of time/labor to remove and install these cheap parts often exceeded the part costs. Not sure if you still sell those brands. That's what prompted the question and wondered how often someone would replace those under warranty. I can understand that with OEM brands like Lemforder lasting 70k miles, most people would need to keep their car for 5+ years to get any sort of warranty replacement and most people get rid of their car by then and non-transferable, it didn't make a difference.

In any case, sounds like a great deal for DIYers who keep their car for years. Can you clarify on shipping charges for warranty purposes? I guess we are only responsible for shipping charges on returning the part and all other shipping charges (on 1st purchase and replacement) are covered by FCP?
    Last edited by hapollo; 09-10-2015 at 11:01 AM.

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    actually hapollo, i wonder if you just ousted FCP's endgame.
    with their warranty system being so well known, buyers probably have a really high rate of returning defective parts instead of grumbling and just putting up with it.
    this could in turn give fcp a really robust "parts quality" metric. if some part is being returned a lot really quickly, they have definitive proof it's a bad part and can pull it from the store. pretty clever

GN92489

My Cars
    F10 N52
    Lemfordor isn't so high and mighty anymore. Everyone outsources to China these days and quality has suffered in the name of the bottom line. I recently paid big bucks for Lemfordor engine and tranny mounts. Engine mounts made in China, tranny mounts made in Germany. While installing one engine mount, the top bolt sheared off. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. The steel used for the bolts sticking out of the mount were noticeably softer than what was coming off my car.

My Cars
    03 540iT M-Sport Wagon

No hassle refund

I bought a pair of E39 hood struts from FCPEuro back in June. They didn't fit (the knob on the end was too big - avoid the "Meistersatz" brand), but I didn't figure that out until I had scratched up one of them pretty good trying to get it installed. I sent both back and FCPEuro refunded the cost without hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTiger View Post
    Lemfordor isn't so high and mighty anymore. Everyone outsources to China these days and quality has suffered in the name of the bottom line. I recently paid big bucks for Lemfordor engine and tranny mounts. Engine mounts made in China, tranny mounts made in Germany. While installing one engine mount, the top bolt sheared off. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. The steel used for the bolts sticking out of the mount were noticeably softer than what was coming off my car.
    LEMFÖRDER has an extensive description of their products and their efforts at quality control. They also have an online tech support. I'll bet if you tell them your story, you'll get some positive response.

-stephen

My Cars
    2003 540s, 2000 740s
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    I would rather spend a lot more money to only do a job like that once rather than buy cheap parts and planning on replacing it often.
    +100
    But, if you can get an OEM part from FCP Euro, then that is the way to go (with the lifetime warranty).
    <== Steptronic Sealbeach740
    2000 740i sport: 74k Green/Tan chrome MPars, clear corners, quad brake lights, AIC hi-beams, Hoen fogs, 16x9 screen, MKIV, TFT LCD screen in back, license plate backup camera with "on demand" switch, iPod audio/video (CDC/iPod audio switching, iPod video on 16x9 screen), Basslink, gauge rings, ///M pedals, switched steptronic +/- shifting mode, E46 paddle shifter steering wheel, Dinan engine & tranny software upgrade, DDEs controlled via Euro fog light switch, painted calipers with "BMW" lettering, windows up/sunroof close via remote.

2003 540i sport: 81k, Sterling grey/grey, MKIV Nav, PDC & CWP - Added license plate backup camera with "on demand" switch, paddle shift steering wheel, windows up/sunroof close via remote, Akebono's, painted calipers with "BMW" lettering, quad brake lights, iPod audio via AUX mode/video via 16x9 screen, BMW TV tuner, ///M pedals & gauge rings.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast