Thread: NoVa: Anyone know a good independent body work individual

My Cars
    1993 325is

NoVa: Anyone know a good independent body work individual

Hello MIAC-US,

I recently bought a 94 325is that is very clean apart from the rear end which was hit at one point. It seems like the back right rear is slightly buckled. The trunk closes with modification to the latch but not enough to sit flush and seal the trunk from water . There is surface rust beginning to build and I would like to see if there is anyone in the area who is good at body work and wouldn't mind, somewhat cheaply, banging the buckle out so the trunk will close flush and seal. I know the buckle is causing the issue because last night I put the latch back in the original spot and hoped in the trunk as a friend tried shutting it. It gets within about an inch of the latch, probably less, then hits the buckled lower right trunk bit and stops. Its very close and doesn't look like it'd be all that hard to do, I am just not a body work person, no patience .

Anyways if you all could point me in the right direction that'd be great!! Thank you.
    SMurfBlUe 96 328i - Gone
    WRB On Gold BBS 02 WRX "Stage 3" - Gone
    Black 93 325is on Roadstars - getting ready for turbo
    White 2010 WRX IAG Stage 2 TUFF 400awhp daily

My Cars
    2003 e39 540i M-Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahaa425 View Post
    Hello MIAC-US,

I recently bought a 94 325is that is very clean apart from the rear end which was hit at one point. It seems like the back right rear is slightly buckled. The trunk closes with modification to the latch but not enough to sit flush and seal the trunk from water . There is surface rust beginning to build and I would like to see if there is anyone in the area who is good at body work and wouldn't mind, somewhat cheaply, banging the buckle out so the trunk will close flush and seal. I know the buckle is causing the issue because last night I put the latch back in the original spot and hoped in the trunk as a friend tried shutting it. It gets within about an inch of the latch, probably less, then hits the buckled lower right trunk bit and stops. Its very close and doesn't look like it'd be all that hard to do, I am just not a body work person, no patience .

Anyways if you all could point me in the right direction that'd be great!! Thank you.
    First choice in Arlington VA is a good bmw body shop

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    Besides first choice in Arlington and D&V in Sterling, any other recs for good rust repair autobody shops? Cheers

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    Props to Marquez Autobody in Manassas Park, VA for good work. Took a bit longer than expected, but all is good. Talk to Dani, Olman, or Marlon.