Thread: Anyone still using Miller Performance War Chips?

My Cars
    M-power

Anyone still using Miller Performance War Chips?

I still have his chip but been running into problems ever since the Win10 Update and been trying to reach out to Brody with no success. Called the number but it appears now its making you email him as for before Ive been able to talk to him when I call. Forums page on the website appears to go unanswered for months if not years. Wondering if he's ever going to update his software to work with the latest windows or if this chip is pretty much out dated now? Sort of sucks as the concept was great and was great when it worked.

My Cars
    E92, E46, E36
    Please keep us posted as to how his customer service is these days. I've been contemplating the war chip vs megasquirt and was leaning more toward miller but this could be the deciding factor

My Cars
    2014 Alpina B7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctwide3project View Post
    Please keep us posted as to how his customer service is these days. I've been contemplating the war chip vs megasquirt and was leaning more toward miller but this could be the deciding factor
    Go with the Megasquirt, war is practically ancient technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Brody has good customer service and has helped me out even when I didn’t buy from him directly. I use it also with windows 10 what is the problem you are having with it ?
    Last edited by SlumdogJay; 01-04-2019 at 10:45 PM.

My Cars
    86 325es
    I would throw it in the garbage

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    2014 Alpina B7
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy2800 View Post
    I would throw it in the garbage
    +1

My Cars
    M-power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctwide3project View Post
    The war chip was a great chip at one point and I really liked the flexibility of having 3 settings but Ive always had problems with getting my OS to work with the chip as its XP Compatible only. With Win7 we had the compatibility mode but with Win10 we no longer have that. So having issues with getting it to detect my computer. Ill keep you posted as Im still determined to get this to work as I would hate to start over but if the support isn't there I may just go with another system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SlumdogJay View Post
    Brody has good customer service and has helped me out even when I didn’t buy from him directly. I use it also with windows 10 what is the problem you are having with it ?
    Im having issues with the chip and with Win10. How are you getting it to detect the chip? With Win7 we had the compatibility mode but with Win10 we don't. Brody is a great guy don't get me wrong he has worked with me multiple times but that was a few years back. Lately Ive been having a hard time getting a hold of him. Also wanted to confirm with him on injector maps as Im thinking of going with bigger injectors as my duty cycle is near maxed on my current setup and thinking boosting higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SGT StudMuffiin View Post
    Go with the Megasquirt, war is practically ancient technology

Heard good things about the Megasquirt but its pretty pricey. Ive been debating on AEM as another alternative if I cant get my WAR Chip working correctly.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Are you using an emulator to run windows xp on your desktop? I use virtualbox to run the copy of windows xp service pack 3 and then while in the virtual machine I plug up the chip and open the usb menu to select the chip and the program brody has picks it up and reads.

My Cars
    86 325es
    Ya know you can get an old dell D800 or D830 or something for like $100 on eBay with XP on it.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Ya know you can get an old dell D800 or D830 or something for like $100 on eBay with XP on it.
    If you got $100 to spare then sure just buy one it will probably be easier but i'm a cheap guy who likes to use what I have already so OP if you still want to use your windows 10 machine just download a copy of windows xp SP3 and download virtualbox and run it that way

My Cars
    are slow.
    If you got $100 to spare then sure just buy one it will probably be easier but i'm a cheap guy who likes to use what I have already so OP if you still want to use your windows 10 machine just download a copy of windows xp SP3 and download virtualbox and run it that way

This. And if you can't figure that out, why not just snag a cheap netbook?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-Eee-PC...m/233080718452

And once you no longer need it, sell it again for the same price you paid for it.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    M-power
    Are you using an emulator to run windows xp on your desktop? I use virtualbox to run the copy of windows xp service pack 3 and then while in the virtual machine I plug up the chip and open the usb menu to select the chip and the program brody has picks it up and reads.
    Im not running any emulators. Ill try the virtual box you are stating and see where I can get a copy of that from. Do you have a link where I can get it by any chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Im with Jay on this no point on buying a outdated laptop just to get the software to work. Emulator would probably be a better bet. I do have an extremely old laptop I could try if anything but my main point is to try to keep everything on one computer to do all my automotive and personal things. I was just hoping if Miller Performance would come up with a updated software to work with these chips but I may be wishful thinking at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    This. And if you can't figure that out, why not just snag a cheap netbook?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-Eee-PC...m/233080718452

And once you no longer need it, sell it again for the same price you paid for it.
    If you get this chip or anything programable I doubt if I went that route i would sell it. As stated earlier I have an old laptop but if I can keep it all centralized would be ideal but if all else fails Ill just pull that laptop out and see if I can get this to work.

My Cars
    |99 Turbo M3 | 2K7 335|
    Windows xp on Virtualbox, Hyper-v (Windows 10 pro) or VMware VM player..

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    https://www.virtualbox.org/ to download the emulator and you should be able to download the windows xp service pack 3 from windows for free I seem to recall doing that but if not just google search it you'll find a copy quick let me know if you need any more help setting up

My Cars
    are slow.
    Jeez man, I really hate the internet sometimes.

Where is the gas station?
    Oh it's West. Sure, but which road West? How do I get there? Where is West? Do I drive? How do I drive? What is a car? Which road am I on? How do road work in this area? lol. Richard Feynman had a similar response when he was asked why two magnets attract each other. What do you know? How can I explain something complex to you if it's not understood what you don't understand?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8

This type of thinking is a common issue with Github, and I think what stops a lot of great minds from being programers, something this world is in VERY short demand of. It's by far one of the worst designed repositories, and someone remains the most used. I've been programing and building computers for nearly 20 years now, and I still don't understand the logic that goes into structure in Github.

In order for Virtual box to work, you will need the USB passthrough.
    The guide is here:

https://www.eltima.com/article/virtu...b-passthrough/

If you're having any issues with USB devices see the troubleshooting here:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewto...p?f=35&t=82639

Also, make sure to run Virtualbox as an administrator if you're running it on windows 10. (right click the program, run as administrator).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    see sig
    Anyone want to give me their WAR chip for 413 red label DME, rather than throw it away?
    Tom

E93: 09 328 'vert [dd]
    E53: 03 X5 4.4i [tow]
    E36: 93 325is [track]
    E30: (LeMons) [R.I.P]

2nd Gen LS1 Camaro Build

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by thesalboy View Post
    Anyone want to give me their WAR chip for 413 red label DME, rather than throw it away?
    I didnt plan on throwing mine away but I'd be happy to sell you mine with the maf if you are interested PM me for details

My Cars
    1998 e36
    I just purchased the maf chip combo haven’t received my package or gotten any email replies or calls back from him in almost a month

My Cars
    1991 318is Turbo
    Do you have any updates? Did you ever get it or get in contact with them? I'm about to order a war chip setup but might not if I'd never receive it.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    I had a good experience with Brody a while ago when I bought my kit used from a forum member. Of course I had to email back and forth never called. Not sure how it is now but mine is now for sale at a considerable discount from new I have the MAF, 60lb deka injectors and war chip installed in a 413 red label along with cables I just gotta find them somewhere but I do have them and had the car running on the base map that was sent to me by brody (since I accidently deleted it) PM if you are interested in a budget turbo tuning kit or email me at shenoyj93@gmail.com

My Cars
    '91 318i '99 540iT
    So I acquired a WAR chip and MAF combo with no cables. I have purchased the cables directly from miller. Have an older apple laptop with dual boot to XP. Anything else I should need to get this up and running? Chip came in a 525 red label DME. No Idea if it works so we shall see what happens. Did your setup arrive?