Thread: do you know if camero wheels will fit the z3?

My Cars
    z3

do you know if camero wheels will fit the z3?

just saw a set of camero wheels and was wondering if they would fit the z3... checked camero lug pattern says it 5x4.75 or 5x120.56mm with a 40 mm offset; i know the bmw lug pattern is 5x120 but will they fit...checked the tire forum and some say yes some say no but would like to know for sure...thanks.

My Cars
    M Coupe - Sunroof Delete
    You may have to check the hub size.

My Cars
    1999 z3 coupe - black

Huh??

My first reaction would be, 'and why would anyone want to know?' But if you posted pix of the wheels I'd be open-minded!

My Cars
    z4 35i dkg
    i dont like camaro and z3 in the same sentence
    2009 Z4 35i DKG
    VRSF DPS
    VRSF 7" FMIC
    MHD Flasher

2000m roadster R.I.P.
    2001 z3 3.0 R.I.P.
    2002 slk32 AMG sold

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000m View Post
    definitely +1

My Cars
    99 MCoupe
    dont know about the wheels but: camAro. What wheels were you thinking of putting on your z3?

My Cars
    01 LSB 367M
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestersz3 View Post
    just saw a set of camero wheels and was wondering if they would fit the z3... checked camero lug pattern says it 5x4.75 or 5x120.56mm with a 40 mm offset; i know the bmw lug pattern is 5x120 but will they fit...checked the tire forum and some say yes some say no but would like to know for sure...thanks.

120.56mm = 120mm ?

Uhh.. yeah.

2001 S54 LSB/NAPA. 1 of 7.

My Cars
    huffy
    unless someone is dropping an LSx into a z3

My Cars
    E36, E36/8
    Z28 and Z3 sounds pretty close.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    An indirect answer. When I was in need of a pair of front track wheels fast, CC wheels was going to build a pair from a set of chevy blanks. The person on the phone was very knowledgeable and told me that they can use the same blanks for Chevy and BMW but bore the center hub hole differently for each application. I don’t think he was BSing me. I did not buy the wheels as Pete at TCK came through with a pair of used SSRs. It sounded to me like the bolt pattern is close enough for both makes that it is interchangeable. .5mm is probably within a manufacturing spec, but I suspect the center hub hole is larger on a BMW. As you know, BMW wheels are hubcentric. The center bore is the critical point of our wheels. Your hub bore would have to be 72.5 plus a hair, to fit our hubs correctly. I think BBS uses 72.56mm. I suspect you would need to bore the chevy hub for the wheel to work your BMW. If you have a source to bore the wheel properly, it may be a good move. Lots of chevy product on the market for very cheap. You may be on to something.

I would not pay much attention to the BMW snob remarks. Let us know how it turns out. I am curious.
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    1999 z3 coupe - black
    I would not pay much attention to the BMW snob remarks. Let us know how it turns out. I am curious.

Hey, I come by my anti-Chevy Camaro snobbery honestly. I've been driving a Pontiac a lot longer than BMW! It's a 67.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    Man that brings back some memories. My 1st car was a 67 Camaro. A little 327 w/powerglide. Later on I owned a real Yanko for a few months. That was a scary car. Then in 77 I bought a 71 LT1 Corvette that was very slow by comparison to the Yanko. In 78 I traded a guy my LT1 and cash for a 69 L88 Corvette. It had a sticker on the center console that said 102 octane required and fuel was starting to go to unleaded. I kept the car through the oil embargo until 81. By then fuel was going to all unleaded and there was no 102 to be found at a gas station. I would blend acetone in the fuel to try and keep the engine from pinging. Can you believe I sold that L88 for 5200 bucks?
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    1999 z3 coupe - black
    We should start an OT "the one that got away" thread. Everyone has one. Mine is a 69 Charger.

My Cars
    00 BMW 740i, 89 Porsche 911 C4
    X3

My Cars
    Z3, 323i
    I think this is an example of the Camero wheels on a Z3.
    Last edited by drainplug; 08-20-2007 at 03:50 PM.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just...waiting."

My Cars
    Z3, G37 Coupe, GLE
    i dont think they will work because BMW wheels are hub centric

edit: oh and since the bolt pattern is off, i dont think the lug bots will line up with the holes correctly
    Last edited by Jonny Z3; 12-29-2006 at 01:01 AM.

BF.c member 39,803

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Would like to know this too since looking up the specs they are same size even the ET around 35-37mm
    I think a nice set of 5 spoke 2010-ish Camaro rims (maybe other Chevys models/years too) would be an improvement over my stock 17s
    This would be nice to know since sometimes you find a great deal on people selling their stock rims to change to something else.
    I yes I realize this post is very old, but still posted. lol

IMG_0327.jpg

...I did a search and it read BMW's center bore is 72mm and the 2010+ Camaro wheel is 67mm. Maybe someone can verify that this is correct.
    On that note it seems like a BMW's can be mounted on a Chevy but not the other way around like Mercedes to Audi (two different size bores)
    Had mounted Mercedes rims on an Audi before and used hub centric rings.

20170917_153653.jpg

Had these on the Wagon before

1479533_10205642606488639_6342636135229239908_n.jpg
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 01-08-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: recalculating... lol

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Long ago I got the idea of a custom wheel for my roadster. I called up the one manufacturer that would do custom offsets and such. I talked to the guy about what I wanted, and all was fine until we got to detailed specs and I mentioned I needed them drilled to 5 on 120. He asked what it was for. When I told him a BMW M Roadster, he said "you are going to put _MY_ wheels on a BMW??!??" And hung up on me. Years later I was revisiting the idea and found that the same manufacturer now offered 5 on 120 as a standard option specificly because of the newer GMs. The transaction became a simple recitation of the needed specs without any mention of application needed.

As mentioned, the stock GM wheels have a hub of 67mm, which will be a problem. You'll have to either bore them out or find aftermarket wheels with larger center bores.

And, to bring it full circle... I have a beater 4x4 S10 Blazer for dump runs and such. I found that the M&S rated tires I wanted are rare and expensive in the stock 15" size. But 16" are plentiful. Enter one set of Style whatever E46 16" wheels and I'm riding on the cheap tires. The auto-lock front hubs are too deep to run Roundel center caps, but otherwise they bolt right on.

/.randy

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2002 M3
    I don't know why people keep bringing up that BMW wheels are hubcentric. I've never owned a car that didn't use hubcentric wheels. At least everything from the '80s onward.

If you're starting from a blank, then a "Chevy" blank or a "BMW" blank doesn't really mean much. They have to drill the holes when it's still a blank. Usually just means the general offset, width, diameter are fixed- they mill the center to the desired offset, bolt pattern and hub size.

As for bolt pattern on actual Camaro wheels, I'm pretty sure you can make them work on a BMW, just probably need a hubcentric adapter ring or have the center bored out at a machine shop, if the offsets are close. I've thought of putting my Corvette wheels on the car, but I think they're just too big (18x10, 19x11).

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
    I did not buy the wheels as Pete at TCK came through with a pair of used SSRs.
    I guess TCK must have had a lot of used SSRs from their racing cars. I also picked up a set from Pete many years ago. I'm still running them on my Roadster for my autocross tires. Really wish the old SSR was still making wheels.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    '01 3.0 ZCoupe

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicbelly View Post

Have mounted Z3 seats in a 77 Chevy C10 before. I wonder how he feels about that lol

77 C10 BMW Z3 seats.jpgdriver side.jpg

When I had an 88 325i vert and the truck

bmw chevy side.JPG
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 01-09-2019 at 01:29 PM.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by khammack View Post
    I guess TCK must have had a lot of used SSRs from their racing cars. I also picked up a set from Pete many years ago. I'm still running them on my Roadster for my autocross tires. Really wish the old SSR was still making wheels.
    How old is this thread? That was years ago. I turn those wheels into Tacos at Willow Springs one very dusty and scary turn 9, too early apex, off. LOL
    Oh, and you had to bring back the L88 memory to. Damn it.
    Last edited by PbFut; 01-09-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    Dan "PbFut" Rose