Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cammed E36 M3 Fun Runs

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe

Cammed E36 M3 Fun Runs

So this section has been dead for a while and that makes me sad. I miss the banter and trash talking, and I miss the vids and stories as well. C'mon guys, let's #makekillstoriesgreatagain LOL

To that end, I went out with the purpose of getting a couple decent stories AND some video! Finally got my gopro goin' lol. Last month I went out with a semi local group that hosts cruises down to Mexico fairly often. One of these cruises happened to start near me so I decided I'd join. I get to the meet at 11:15 before the supposed departure time of 11:30. Right away things are funky - a guy gets pulled over across the street from the lot and ends up getting arrested for something in his car. The police presence delays our departure, but once there's only one left waiting for the tow truck, routes were discussed and engines were fired.

Now, this is where I think the group running this meet's bit of genius comes out. They tell everyone the route and explain that it's not a race, Mexico is a nice place to cruise , but once we're going, work your way up front, line up and take turns. Sounds great in theory but in practice it's a MESS unless you're with the group. See, they leave first so once things settle a bit on the highway, they're up front getting the runs. And when One set goes on a 40 roll everyone follows so it's very difficult to actually work your way to the front. In this way they can run freely all the way through Mexico with an army of Instagram followers chasing behind blocking the Federales lol.

Despite all this, I was able to get 4 runs in, unfortunately on 2 are on camera. I had my butt handed to me by a 16 Camaro SS, not sure of mods but it was LOUD. We went from 40 and he had 3 cars by 100. I put about the same gap on a V6 16 Camaro from 40-100, also not on camera. Most disappointing camera miss was between an Evo IX and a Gallardo. They went from 40-140 right in front of me, I followed on reaction and even though they put a couple busses on me I could tell the Evo had a fender on the Lambo when the Lambo shut down. I decided to call it a night a bit early when the Federales started picking people off one by one around me, decided I didn't wanna play chicken to see if I'd be next.

On camera I was able to get a run with a 2016 WRX, a newish Challenger, and a buddy's ZCP E46 M3. The WRX had a few passengers but got absolutely stomped, not even a little bit close. The Challenger, I'll be honest, I'm unsure about. It had a badge on the fender and I'm pretty sure it was an SRT but I can't verify for certain. He kinda lined up with me and although he drops back right on the honks, if you look at the closeness of his headlights and watch the reflection you can see that he's definitely in it. The E46 was actually on a different night, in the vid I take off and immediately have to shift which makes it close in the beginning lol.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Foda420; 05-24-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1986 325es
    Nice runs! You have the IP's in now, correct?
    Also, do we ALL have an airbag light on lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo0208 View Post
    Nice runs! You have the IP's in now, correct?
    Also, do we ALL have an airbag light on lolol

Thanks man! And yea, IP cams, base tune. I still need a tune you really wake it up.

No more airbag light for me! But I might've pulled the bulb 😂

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    M3
    I need to do some races I've not found anything that wants to race. Bunch of talkers where I'm from.

My Cars
    03 530i/5, e30 s52(Sold)
    Nice kills! I expected more from the challenger especially if it was a real srt8. Either way I'm super impressed in how hard cammed s52's pull. Wow.

My Cars
    1986 325es
    Quote Originally Posted by Foda420 View Post
    Thanks man! And yea, IP cams, base tune. I still need a tune you really wake it up.

No more airbag light for me! But I might've pulled the bulb

RK or Epic?

My Cars
    GTS, E30
    Nice runs. May consider keeping the music for just an intro/outro or none at all. I had to watch the video on mute and the car sounds are way better anyways .

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Niiiccceee Team 286 still doing work.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mklock View Post
    I need to do some races I've not found anything that wants to race. Bunch of talkers where I'm from.
    I usually run into similar issues which is why I went out with this group lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BigC986 View Post
    Nice kills! I expected more from the challenger especially if it was a real srt8. Either way I'm super impressed in how hard cammed s52's pull. Wow.
    Thanks man! I've got a friend who's trying to set up a run for me with a new 392 Challenger. He should walk me but we'll see lol
    RK or Epic?

Epic base. Basically it's the same tune I had for the RR cams south the idle control opened all the way so it'll actually idle haha
    Quote Originally Posted by M62pwrdE38 View Post
    Nice runs. May consider keeping the music for just an intro/outro or none at all. I had to watch the video on mute and the car sounds are way better anyways .
    Thanks! And noted lol. This is the first video I cut like this so I wasn't sure how to handle it really. This crap is a lot of work, props to you guys who have made a bunch of vids lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    Niiiccceee Team 286 still doing work.
    U know it brah lol

My goal for the car is to be as close to 10#s per whp as possible (3000#s, 300whp). Currently it's 3215 with me in it and prob around 265ish whp. I'm hoping the tune brings me close to 290 (prob optimistic lol), and I know I can drop another 70#s or so relatively easy. Beyond that it gets tough lol.

@M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    My mannnn lol. Great job, can't wait to see what it'll do with a real tune!
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    '08 Acura TL Type S
    Nice runs.
    Eat, drink, and be merry - for tomorrow we drive.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Infammus 1 View Post
    My mannnn lol. Great job, can't wait to see what it'll do with a real tune!
    Bruh. She's dangerous now... 22rpd just hooked it up
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC928 View Post
    Nice runs.
    Thanks dude!

Not sure if this will show up here, but a little more fun from last night...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVIeINlFgyU/

@M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1986 325es
    What she'd put down? Should be dropping them into my bro's M3 some time next month. Gonna be RKTuned however

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    What she'd put down? Should be dropping them into my bro's M3 some time next month. Gonna be RKTuned however

Honestly, idk lol. It put down 259/235 on a new dynojet (6 tooth pickup that apparently reads lower or so I was told) AND that also happened to have the brake not fully disengaging, pulling up to 45whp on back to back runs sometimes. To add to that, the guy running the dyno stopped at 6800 on the last run instead of the 7300 limit we set. So I'd guess best case is around 295ish on a typical, working DJ, worst case being maybe 275, but idk for sure.

I know, I know, excuses excuses, but honestly I don't care about the actual number. It pulls hard, AFR's are clean and she's really healthy, all I wanted. Plus she sounds like an actual race motor so there's that too LOL

And it will be kinda funny telling people she made only 260 on a DJ.

@M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1986 325es
    Honestly, idk lol. It put down 259/235 on a new dynojet (6 tooth pickup that apparently reads lower or so I was told) AND that also happened to have the brake not fully disengaging, pulling up to 45whp on back to back runs sometimes. To add to that, the guy running the dyno stopped at 6800 on the last run instead of the 7300 limit we set. So I'd guess best case is around 295ish on a typical, working DJ, worst case being maybe 275, but idk for sure.

I know, I know, excuses excuses, but honestly I don't care about the actual number. It pulls hard, AFR's are clean and she's really healthy, all I wanted. Plus she sounds like an actual race motor so there's that too LOL

Damn Lol it's funny cause I wanted a # from a dyno jet as I already have #'s from a mustang dyno. I can confirm that dyno reads low as I put down 245whp on RK's dyno jet which he says reads low when compared to all the dyno jets he tunes on when traveling. I think the 295 guesstimate is pretty accurate.

Hurry up and get some more videos

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5

Use the low numbers to your advantage, it was absolutely hilarious telling people my car only made like 241whp and having the dyno sheet to back it up. Always raised the butt hurt factor after losing by at least two fold lol.
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Damn Lol it's funny cause I wanted a # from a dyno jet as I already have #'s from a mustang dyno. I can confirm that dyno reads low as I put down 245whp on RK's dyno jet which he says reads low when compared to all the dyno jets he tunes on when traveling. I think the 295 guesstimate is pretty accurate.

Hurry up and get some more videos

LOL yea man, I've heard the dyno he uses out here in Cali definitely reads high. That's not his fault though. You're still SC'd right?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Infammus 1 View Post
    Use the low numbers to your advantage, it was absolutely hilarious telling people my car only made like 241whp and having the dyno sheet to back it up. Always raised the butt hurt factor after losing by at least two fold lol.
    Yea for sure man! It'll be funny when I get to actually talk to some of these guys LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogi View Post
    Hah nice run mate and great IG channel overall. I'll follow :P
    Thanks man! What was yours? I'll follow back haha.

Working on getting more runs but it might be a little bit before I have enough for another vid. In the meantime, I'll be updating my IG with single runs until I have enough together lol. I'll be putting up vids of me vs. a boosted RX-8, stock 335is, and a modded E46 M3 over the next few days, hopefully put together a YT vid next week. Spoiler alert: I haven't lost yet LOL

Last edited by Foda420; 06-16-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks dude!

Stay tuned guys, going on a big daytime cruise tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to get some good vids!
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    '09 135i
    awesome car
    '95 Avus Blue M3|Dinan tune|Cosmos V1 CAI|Recaro|3.23 lsd|Magnaflow| -SOLD
    '95 Cosmos M3 |Cosmos Racing V1 3.5" CAI|Samco rep TB boot|740i HFM|Turner Tune|UUC Pulleys|CF Hood|Depo 6000k|Depo french fogs|Depo Tails|Black Wide Kidney Grill|AA exhaust|Zimmerman Drilled rotors|Sparco|B&M SSK|Koni S&S|BMP Bushings|Wahlbro 255|Stewart Thermostat| 240whp -SOLD
    '09 135i 6mt |BMS JB4 g5iso| MHD BMS Flash| BMS DCI| BMS Chargepipe | BMS Inlets| RB PCV| N54 Perf 3" DP| Wagner FMIC| Ryan Racing DV Valves| Fuel it Stage 2| e60| 480whp

My Cars
    1986 325es
    Thanks dude!

Stay tuned guys, going on a big daytime cruise tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to get some good vids!
    Where they at!?

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by cky751 View Post
    awesome car
    Many thanks man!

Where they at!?

Well, that particular day ended up being a bust, but since then there have been numerous runs. Wins and losses against a few different types of cars. Cam was not on for most of them and currently I don't much feel like recalling or writing them out. I know, I'm being a bit of a spoil sport, but me and my girl (car) had a rough weekend and things aren't looking great right now.

They never do when there's a hole in the block.
    Last edited by Foda420; 08-30-2017 at 05:11 AM.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1986 325es
    Many thanks man!

Well, that particular day ended up being a bust, but since then there have been numerous runs. Wins and losses against a few different types of cars. Cam was not on for most of them and currently I don't much feel like recalling or writing them out. I know, I'm being a bit of a spoil sport, but me and my girl (car) had a rough weekend and things aren't looking great right now.

What... The... F*** !!!??????

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe

WTF? Oil pump nut fail?

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe

What... The... F*** !!!??????

My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post

WTF? Oil pump nut fail?
    Highly unlikely considering it was safety wired and loctited in place. IDK yet man, just started the tear down yesterday. Will update when I know more.

At least she died a glorius death - at 130mph leading a caravan of German metal through Mexico.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast