Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Seal Skin Covers?

My Cars
    M6 (2013)

Seal Skin Covers?

Anyone have input on Seal Skin covers? I like the idea of a soft 'fleece' lining and a waterproof middle which should also help keep the dust out, unlike the regular porous 'waffle' fabric covers that allow dirt and water to pass through.

https://www.sealskincovers.com/index...model=6-series

My Cars
    M6 (2013)
    Wow. Nobody?

Ok, so if there's no feedback about SealSkin, can y'all recommend another maker? What about CoverCraft - the Noah or Evolution?

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Try the Seal Skin cover and report back here on how it works.
    Quite a few people on these detailing forums aren't enthusiastic about car covers so that's why not a lot of feedback for you.
    Yeah, they can protect the surface, but they can also cause damage to the clearcoat. Imagine a bit of dirt / crud on the surface and a wind blows the cover around a bit. The dirt can damage the clearcoat, particularly around edges where the cover moves.
    I have a really pricey Bertlesmann cover for the coupe, form fitted, custom made, huge M logo on the hood area. The cover is spectacular but I stopped using it when I store the car for it's long winter nap.
    But your situation is different so give it a try and report back to us.

My Cars
    M6 (2013)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC View Post
    Try the Seal Skin cover and report back here on how it works.
    Quite a few people on these detailing forums aren't enthusiastic about car covers so that's why not a lot of feedback for you.
    Yeah, they can protect the surface, but they can also cause damage to the clearcoat. Imagine a bit of dirt / crud on the surface and a wind blows the cover around a bit. The dirt can damage the clearcoat, particularly around edges where the cover moves.
    I have a really pricey Bertlesmann cover for the coupe, form fitted, custom made, huge M logo on the hood area. The cover is spectacular but I stopped using it when I store the car for it's long winter nap.
    But your situation is different so give it a try and report back to us.
    Ordered one yesterday. I'll get back to y'all with my thoughts.

Yes, there is some risk to a cover, but one also has to weigh that against what damage can be done by an entirely exposed car.

My plan is to completely detail the car this summer, then seal it with Kamikaze ISM. Then, I just might give it a coat of Hydrosilex, just for good measure. ;-)

So, in theory at least, that should help reduce any 'risk' to the finish.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    I've read really good reviews of the Kamikaze so your path sounds good. What color is the car and maybe post a pic or two after the Kamikaze is applied,

My Cars
    M6 (2013)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC View Post
    I've read really good reviews of the Kamikaze so your path sounds good. What color is the car and maybe post a pic or two after the Kamikaze is applied,
    Sakhir Orange.

I have some work to do. There are the usual tiny paint chips that need to be repaired before I can proceed with the rest of the process. But once done, I'm pretty sure she'll look awesome.

IMAG0200.jpgIMAG0199.jpgIMAG0201.jpgIMAG0197.jpg