Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Features and mods you wish were available?

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    335i too. And that's kinda like a sports car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    On facelift E53's (and maybe E70's) you can pull a fuse and they go from AWD to RWD too
    Who are we kidding, those went to 2wd just by racking up some mileage...
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    so like this:
    Pretty much exactly like that.
    Last edited by Mr Bingley; 04-06-2018 at 08:03 PM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    I'm with the earlier suggestion of more seat options.

The seats are too damn heavy and prone to motor failure. Just give me a manual lever up front for forward/back and a crank for up/down. Or shims I can install for height.

I want manual cranks for the windows, also. No sound system. And the softop motor deleted. And no mechanical fan to speak of.

Basically, a lightweight version. With a hood that has a drop-vent behind the radiator. Now you've got something.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster
    speaking of hoods, how about a carbon fiber option for a stock hood.

well.....I hear that, but awd as an option in a low slung lo clearance sports car?......Ill pass on the complications and weight of such a system.....id prefer a minimalistic quick responsive car w/ excessive sport options!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    335i too. And that's kinda like a sports car.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are we kidding, those went to 2wd just by racking up some mileage...
    kinda like.....335...a sports car???.......cmon now, I like and respect you....but no way...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bingley View Post
    Pretty much exactly like that.
    ha...Im with ya......

and btw it was that car that inspired me to get a coupe. Being 60 yo, and loving vintage sports cars, the z3 kewp was a great choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schreier View Post

The seats are too damn heavy and prone to motor failure. Just give me a manual lever up front for forward/back and a crank for up/down. Or shims I can install for height.

I want manual cranks for the windows, also. No sound system. And the softop motor deleted. And no mechanical fan to speak of.

Basically, a lightweight version. With a hood that has a drop-vent behind the radiator. Now you've got something.
    ahhhh...manual seats and windows.....yessssss......sport seats......liiiiiight!....aggressive w/ bolsters.

- - - Updated - - -

no mechanical fan?........u want an elctric fan?..or no fan?...........car would not be sold w/ a fan delete.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    no mechanical fan?........u want an elctric fan?..or no fan?...........car would not be sold w/ a fan delete.
    An electric fan replacement for the mechanical one would be nice, but in any case, I'd prefer that they not come with the mechanical fan in the first place. Unnecessary. Adds complexity, failure points, weight, and saps horsepower.

My Cars
    z3
    How 'bout on coupes - windows that go all the way down

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

thatd be on my list for how to make a z3 a better car if recreated...lol...

but I dont see it on a "list of options" for an existing z coupe.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Automatic climate control in the Z3... they made it work on the E36, why not the Z3? Would’ve been a nice option for those of us that just want to set a temperature and not have to fiddle with it. Would probably be more useful in the coupes.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    04 ZHP - 99 M Coupe
    I have the analogue clock in my 01 coupe. I like the way it looks 1000x better than the stock on board computer. The stock on board computer for the facelifted z3s looks absolutely retarded. I can't be the only person that thinks this right? Why oh why would they decide to put a RECTANGULAR screen inside of a CIRCULAR dial....

and on top of that it is that ridiculous green LCD (?) with black lettering.

So while i like the looks of the analogue clock, it's kind of pathetic I don't have any sort of knowledge about MPG, range, etc etc.

Having come from my e46 with the built in OBC into the instrument cluster, the z3 is very lackluster in that department.

OH, also pissed there is no instantaneous gas mileage needle on the cluster like e46s. Sigh

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench Turner View Post
    I have the analogue clock in my 01 coupe. I like the way it looks 1000x better than the stock on board computer. The stock on board computer for the facelifted z3s looks absolutely retarded. I can't be the only person that thinks this right? Why oh why would they decide to put a RECTANGULAR screen inside of a CIRCULAR dial....

OH, also pissed there is no instantaneous gas mileage needle on the cluster like e46s. Sigh
    Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the analog clock either, I much prefer a digital clock or an OBC.

The instant gas mileage needle is useless honestly. I have it on my E39 and my E36 and it’s pointless. Press on the gas and it flies around aimlessly. I just calculate my fuel consumption at the pump, that’s far more accurate than the gas mileage gauge or OBC.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    04 ZHP - 99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the analog clock either, I much prefer a digital clock or an OBC.

The instant gas mileage needle is useless honestly. I have it on my E39 and my E36 and it’s pointless. Press on the gas and it flies around aimlessly. I just calculate my fuel consumption at the pump, that’s far more accurate than the gas mileage gauge or OBC.
    well yeah, I use my spreadsheet with gallons filled and mileage to calculate. But it's fun to have the analogue instantaneous needle. My e46 one was pretty good all things considered. On long road trips I would entertain myself by putting the average MPG on the digital readout and then trying to milk the hills and always keep my instantaneous needle below the average display.

I just miss all the hidden features of the e46 on board computer built into the cluster. The z3 coupes cluster teases me as it's virtually identical in looks but it lacks all of those features

My Cars
    z3
    I just miss all the hidden features of the e46 on board computer built into the cluster. The z3 coupes cluster teases me as it's virtually identical in looks but it lacks all of those features
    It's not lacking those features... these Z3's actually have all the same cluster features of the E46 as far as I'm aware

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...es-in-your-car!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    04 ZHP - 99 M Coupe
    It's not lacking those features... these Z3's actually have all the same cluster features of the E46 as far as I'm aware

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...es-in-your-car!
    very nice! just confirmed it works! Now I'm not as salty. But kind of silly since it has all of those capabilities and it won't show you anything other than a trip odometer and mileage on the default screen. (im assuming it has all the same menu drill downs as an e46 and if so it should easily be able to calculate MPG etc)

Is position 1 ACC or does it also stand for when the car is turned completely on? Because the OBC works either way.

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Just replace the cluster with one from e36 and add one more wire. I have that needle in my z3's.

Quote Originally Posted by tistan View Post
    speaking of hoods, how about a carbon fiber option for a stock hood.
    There are aftermarket options.

I want manual cranks for the windows, also.
    Just do it. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_2325
    Last edited by deni2s; 04-08-2018 at 08:42 AM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    I'd like vent windows in place of the static quarter glass. Also, a CF hardtop option.

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by pine1000 View Post
    I'd like vent windows in place of the static quarter glass. Also, a CF hardtop option.
    You can literally find anything for a Miata: https://rev9autosport.com/project-g-...ng-window.html

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-kit...nt-bumper.html deni2s, that's the one, right? I don't know if I'd want it in fiberglass, and I'd want to know how well it fits out of the box...although, maybe fiberglass is fine if you don't hit parking lot dividers. I kind of do need a new front bumper. When I totaled the car, the body shop decided to repair the bumper and this was a terrible, terrible idea.

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by LannVouivre View Post
    https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-kit...nt-bumper.html deni2s, that's the one, right? I don't know if I'd want it in fiberglass, and I'd want to know how well it fits out of the box...although, maybe fiberglass is fine if you don't hit parking lot dividers. I kind of do need a new front bumper. When I totaled the car, the body shop decided to repair the bumper and this was a terrible, terrible idea.
    I was thinking about this one:
    https://www.drive2.ru/l/7428612/

Fits quite well.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by deni2s View Post

There are aftermarket options.

Not stock looking hoods. They are all riced out looking.

most are...i agree

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    You don't just remove the windows when you want them all the way down?

20180331_164419_resized.jpg20180331_163933_resized.jpg

The corner window delete completes the airy look.
    Last edited by s8ilver; 04-10-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    There are stock looking too, only that you can't differentiate them from stock, so you don't notice they are CF as some are painting them in matching colors.

One of first results in google as an example:
    https://www.vividracing.com/varis-ca...151306416.html

Varis Carbon Fiber Light Weight Bonnet BMW E40 Z3 00-02
    $2,995.00

Model #VBB-4001

Not sure why link is not working when clicking on it for me, but there should be some pics:

Last edited by deni2s; 04-10-2018 at 02:53 PM.

My Cars
    98 Z3 2.8
    I drive old cars because I like old cars. I just want a triple-blink turn signal, manual seats, and windows that go all the way down on the coupe.
    96 320i Touring
    98 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    01 PY M Coupe
    96 Z3 1.9 - DASC
    95 318ti Clubsport
    94 Miata M-Edition
    13 smart fortwo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast