Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hella Euro's arrive but bad news !!!

My Cars
    95 M3

Unhappy Hella Euro's arrive but bad news !!!

The vendor I purchased them from wont replace them and said I have to file a claim with the carrier. That could take all year. Do you guys think the damage would be noticable once on the car? Should I glue it ?

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    I would file the complaint first and move forward....unless you absolutely NEED them on the car which I don't believe is the case....do it right the first time. Chances are the carrier is going to settle fairly quickly. I went through a similar thing with Fed-ex on a painting I purchased...took about 3 months but I got to keep the painting/frame and got $$ for it...
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    2000 528i (01/2000 mfg. date)
    Try again with the vendor. If it's worth it to you offer to pay shipping again. It looks like the shipping company is at fault but a good vendor would offer to help, not wash their hands after they have your money.

My Cars
    95 M3
    They haven't 'washed their hands of it' just yet. Too early to tell. From their initial email it appears they are "willing" to help but stated they wont replace the lights.

My Cars
    sold
    File a claim through the carrier. The carrier is going to claim "improper packing" (which I would agree with, because this is simply a joke to ship an item like that).

Then, if you purchased them on your credit card, file for a chargeback since the items you received were damaged and customer service is clearly sub-par and go from there.

My Cars
    '00 540i 6-speed Sport /// '94 Z28 Camaro 'vert
    Wow, I'm surprised those things aren't even worse with the lack of package support.
    FOR SALE '00 540i 6-speed 101k mi - 260 RWHP & 311 RWTQ - OEM '00 M5 tails, OEM '03 M-tech rear bumper, Magnaflow, 6000k fogs, CDV delete, M5 rear swaybar, Akebono ceramic pads, Brembo rotors, AMSOIL, etc.

My Cars
    '96 328i (Sold), '01 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    File a claim through the carrier. The carrier is going to claim "improper packing" (which I would agree with, because this is simply a joke to ship an item like that).

Then, if you purchased them on your credit card, file for a chargeback since the items you received were damaged and customer service is clearly sub-par and go from there.
    Agree 100%. That packing is pathetic and the shipping co. will jump all over that.

-K

My Cars
    E70 | FZJ100 | Z31
    Def file a claim. I had something similar happen a while back with a computer screen that arrived damaged. They will send someone out to your house (FedEx did, anyway) to inspect the item and the packaging. IIRC, my money was refunded within the month.

GL!

My Cars
    1998 528i
    I'd crazy glue that little piece back on and put them on. It's not that serious to warrant the headache of filing claims and chargebacks. My Depos, had similar damage when I got them, I didn't even glue the small pieces of plastic that broke, I just threw them out and slapped the lights in. You can't see it and it doesn't affect performance or fittament. In fact, I can't even remember exactly what was broken. I just new something was.

I guess i "misremembered" hahahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdawg View Post
    Live the Yuppie life, drive the Yuppie car, pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, but like to pose as a Yuppie? Pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, don't make the Yuppie income, but like the Yuppie car? Be quiet and learn to get your hands dirty.

My Cars
    525i
    Just for info provide us the name of the vendor you bought it from. It seems the lights were packed poorly, just in plastic wrap.
    "Lieber Nurburgring als Ehering"

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardul View Post
    Just for info provide us the name of the vendor you bought it from. It seems the lights were packed poorly, just in plastic wrap.
    I dont want the thread locked.

I also dont want to bash a forum sponsor.

I just got off the phone with usps. Claim has been filed. Must wait for someone to call me back.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Mookish.....thats a lot of coin to just 'deal with it' . What if I need to sell them one day...they would be worth squat .

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by cisc0tek View Post
    I dont want the thread locked.

I also dont want to bash a forum sponsor.

I just got off the phone with usps. Claim has been filed. Must wait for someone to call me back.
    That wouldn't be bashing them. It's just being honest. If they can't handle feedback, they shouldn't be in business. Filtering all but the best experiences is a deceptive business practice in my opinion. I'd much rather deal with a company that steps up and says "yes, I'll replace that because I value you and I value your "word of mouth" as it's crucial to the success of my internet-based business."

*steps off of soapbox*

My Cars
    2000 540i M-sport
    Yeah, get it right. The vendor should be kicked if that is how they were shipped. I wouldn't even blame the carrier in this instance.
    2000 540i M-sport
    1991 Camaro RS LT1/T56 Procharger ATI

"The laws of physics cannot be repealed,
    even with ASC+T/DSC" --As stated in the driver's manual.

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    How much did you pay for them. I will take them off your hands if you dont want them in that "state". Your claim with UPs should take about 2 months TOPS! It all depends if they rule it in your favor. Tha packaging is piss poor. The SHIPPER is pretty much responsible. All he had to do was stick some korean newspapers or foamy popcorn and all would be well.

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    95 M3
    The vendor was Umnitza ....

I just spoke with USPS...they elluded to and made notes in the claim that the packaging may be the cause of the damage and will not be covered under insurance. I wouldnt think it would take 2 months for usps to tell me it isnt going to be covered. I am not waiting that long.

At this point should I even bother with USPS or just call my CC company?

gumbi....they were like $900 shipped.

My Cars
    Pull n Release

I just spoke with USPS...they elluded to and made notes in the claim that the packaging may be the cause of the damage and will not be covered under insurance. I wouldnt think it would take 2 months for usps to tell me it isnt going to be covered. I am not waiting that long.

Woah wait a min, I guess i read wrong, If it was shipped via USPS (Postal service) then your better off working it out with umnitza or calling your CC company. Umnitza has been ok with helping their customers. Speak to matt, see what he has to say. Also if you used Amex or Discover, then the vendor has no choice but to refund you. Those two CC companies are no joke when it comes to handling claims. They are sharks. If you used a Chase based CC then that would help in your favor too. Debit will be a bit of a pain but thats neither here or there. Work it out with Umnitza, maybe they can compensate you a bit for the broken end. They do need to see the error of their ways. They have been in the game long enough to realize that you dont pack up $900 headlights using the same stuff mom uses to wrap up bologna sandwichs.

Another FP5241 Creation

My Cars
    95 M3
    USPS' Policy, look at section i

4.3 Nonpayable Claims
    Indemnity is not paid for insured mail, Registered Mail, COD, or Express Mail in these situations:
    a. Evidence of insurance coverage not provided.
    b. Loss, rifling, or damage occurred after delivery by the USPS.
    c. Claim based solely on sentimental rather than actual value.
    d. Requested replacement value exceeded actual value at the time and place of mailing.
    e. The contents of film (e.g., positives, negatives, slides, transparencies, videotapes, laser disks, x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) prints, computerized axial tomography (CAT) scan prints), the cost of creating or re-creating these items, or the photographer's time and expense in taking the photographs.
    f. Loss resulting from delay of the mail, except under 4.2a.2, Payable Express Mail Claim, and 4.3ad below.
    g. Consequential loss claimed rather than the actual value of the article.
    h. Perishable contents froze, melted, spoiled, or deteriorated.
    i. Damage by abrasion, scarring, or scraping to articles not properly wrapped for protection.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    yeah- I think glue might be your only save here. It looks like the part where the lower headlight trim snaps in, you'll need that part.

My Cars
    M3 M5 X5M
    The vendor I purchased them from wont replace them and said I have to file a claim with the carrier. That could take all year. Do you guys think the damage would be noticable once on the car? Should I glue it ?
    this is absolutely false, the carrier will say its the shippers fault for poor packaging, and will ask them to file the claim not the receiver. in this case, youre supposed to be given a functioning new set, or a refund. do not settle for anything else.

My Cars
    1998 528i
    Mookish.....thats a lot of coin to just 'deal with it' . What if I need to sell them one day...they would be worth squat .
    From that pic it dosen't seem like it's a big deal. Hell, sell them to me . But it just looks like you can still install them with no problem.

You know that's funny because I didn't want to mention it either but my p39's came from Umnitza too. And i had the same type of damage to the edges. But I didn't feel like going through all the headaches when I knew I could get them in no porblem. Maybe they can offer you a discount on something else. I do agree with everyone else in that if that is the way that item came, even if there was no damage at all, I still call the shipper and give them a good earfull. Come on, the worst and cheapest most lousy ebay vendors ship with more care then that.

Don't live the Yuppie life, don't make the Yuppie income, but like the Yuppie car? Be quiet and learn to get your hands dirty.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Mook, you are really willing to pay $900 for these?

My Cars
    m52 powered
    Just because they pay to sponsor this board does not grant them immunity to feedback for bad service . I saw the pack job and just assumed this was used stuff from ebay or something. There were no other packing materials at all?

My Cars
    1998 528i
    Maybe it's just me. Can you explain what that damage prevents you from doing? Does it hamper the install? Can you see it after installing it? If no to both, then I'd just keep them and get a deal on something else or a refund on shipping or something. That's just how I am. If yes to any, then fine, get another pair. I bought depo's to begin with so yes $900 is a pretty penny.

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    All jokes aside, If im going to spend 900 bucks on headlights , its sure as hell aint going to be from Umnitza.

Another FP5241 Creation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast