Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professor Coupe **LOTS OF PICS**

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90

Professor Coupe **LOTS OF PICS**

Hello everyone. I'm excited to finally show off the newest addition to the Coupe. But first, storytime:

A few weeks ago I purchased a set of 4 used SSR Professor SP1s from Ghery. Sizes are 19x9 up front, 19x10.5 in the rear, wrapped in 245/35 and 275/30 Hankook Ventus V12 Evos. The only problem was that they were black. I personally abhor black wheels, so something had to be done. Excuse the grainy cell phone pics...

First I purchased some paint stripper and went to town. After letting it sit, and with a little scrubbing with wire brushes, the paint started to peel off.

After dis-assembly, some sanding yielded them ready for primer/paint.

The finished product!

And a proper photoshoot:

Different location:

The E92 belongs to my roommate, who helped out with my wheels. His iForged Sprints were also originally black, and are now fully polished (not chrome!).

All comments welcome!
    Last edited by StarReaver; 03-07-2011 at 01:50 AM.

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Fantastic!!!!

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    so very, VERY nice!!! AMAZING. and just like that, you're car became one of my favorites!

kinda makes me laugh about how some people try too hard with colors...silver on a silver car...period. i don't think you could ever improve on that choice. well done, sir!

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2019 F31
    Excellent job mayn, much better than the black centers. 5-spokes are just proper for these cars, hence the reason why the stock 5-spoke Roadstars look so yummy!

Those I-forged wheels look like Reynolds Wrap in comparison. They just look.... cheap.

When are the Willys going on to properly fill out the voids?

-2023 Honda Odyssey Elite
    -2019 F31 Individual (M-Sport, Prem, Exec, Track)
    -2004 Honda CRV
    -2002 S54 M Coupé

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Your car is definitely one of my favorites.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Looks good! Great photos too.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    S54, S55
    So much yes. This car is tri-winning.

My Cars
    02 Z3 2.5i, 99 M Coupe
    I might be wrong but that parking looks exactly like the CSUN B3 parking structure. I park there everyday haha. Go to CSUN? If so we should meet up for a chat.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, Z4M, E90 M3
    Looks great man, I'm glad you're happy with the wheels

Big improvement in the color too

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368
    Silver is a good color for the Z3 and it's a great color if you add the right rims. Your car looks fantastic.

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    You nailed the look

My Cars
    '01 Z3.0 R; '13 MB Coupe
    Looks great, a nice improvement over the black centers. I also can't stand black wheels.

Mods: Remus 76mm exhaust, CDV delete, ASA AR1 18in staggered wheels, Turner 12 mm spacers, custom red tails, Kenwood deck/Sirius/BT/USB, ZHP knob, Redline boot, LeatherZ armrest, Amsoil all around, red needles, Akebono Euro brake pads, 34k original miles!

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    Thank you for not leaving such a great set of wheels black.

Fantastic job.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Good work with the color change. Your new silver is about a million times better than the original black,

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    Fantastic!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    Your car is definitely one of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Looks good! Great photos too.
    Quote Originally Posted by buhx2 View Post
    So much yes. This car is tri-winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by GB5416 View Post
    Silver is a good color for the Z3 and it's a great color if you add the right rims. Your car looks fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by robrez View Post
    You nailed the look
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackjackM View Post
    Looks great, a nice improvement over the black centers. I also can't stand black wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Anderson View Post
    Thank you for not leaving such a great set of wheels black.

Fantastic job.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC View Post
    Good work with the color change. Your new silver is about a million times better than the original black,
    Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Lots of hard work went into these, and I'm glad it's paying off. Btw, paint stripper is some serious stuff. Makes your skin all melty and the fumes smell funny. Gloves/mask are crucial!

Quote Originally Posted by coupe du jour View Post
    so very, VERY nice!!! AMAZING. and just like that, you're car became one of my favorites!

kinda makes me laugh about how some people try too hard with colors...silver on a silver car...period. i don't think you could ever improve on that choice. well done, sir!
    Thanks! Means a lot coming from you, because I'm in love with your Work Meisters. I originally wanted a set, but I wasn't down to wait 6 months. Then Ghery came along and I couldn't resist. 5-spoke w/ stepped lip FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliAgents1688 View Post
    Excellent job mayn, much better than the black centers. 5-spokes are just proper for these cars, hence the reason why the stock 5-spoke Roadstars look so yummy!

Those I-forged wheels look like Reynolds Wrap in comparison. They just look.... cheap.

When are the Willys going on to properly fill out the voids?
    Thanks nig. Don't hate on the iForgeds! I didn't take good pictures of them for this particular shoot. They look better in person, trust.

Wilwoods are going on as soon I buy some new brake fluid. Maybe this week...

Quote Originally Posted by K1CKBAC View Post
    I might be wrong but that parking looks exactly like the CSUN B3 parking structure. I park there everyday haha. Go to CSUN? If so we should meet up for a chat.
    That's exactly where these were taken! I don't attend CSUN, but I live in the area. I'm down to meet up sometime. In fact, I'm going to the Low n' Slow meet on Wednesday. You should roll through! PM me for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghery View Post
    Looks great man, I'm glad you're happy with the wheels

Big improvement in the color too
    Thanks! You're the man, man.

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Looks very nice.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Looks excellent, congrats!

Would it be cool if I posted some of the photos up on my site?
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster, 4Runner
    WOW! that looks great!

I remember when that parking structure fell down during the quake. I used to go to CSUN.

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by StarReaver View Post
    Thanks! Means a lot coming from you, because I'm in love with your Work Meisters. I originally wanted a set, but I wasn't down to wait 6 months. Then Ghery came along and I couldn't resist. 5-spoke w/ stepped lip FTW!
    props to you, man...you really nailed it! while there are a lot of nice cars on this forum, it's rare that one comes along and makes me all giddy like a schoolgirl. seriously...the look...it's perfect. add in the imola interior in a silver car...all win man, ALL WIN. plus you didn't de-chrome it or otherwise go way out there to make it 'different'. i'm jealous of how much easier it must be to clean those wheels, with the bolts countersunk into the barrels...whereas mine, on the surface of the outer lip, are a SERIOUS pain in the ass! great photos too!!!

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Simple and clean. Perfect look

im diggin the front acs lips too are those oem?

My Cars
    PY Mcoupe
    Love the wheels, stance and the overall look of the car

Winning
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. -- Jack Layton

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Looks very nice.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Z3Couper View Post
    Looks excellent, congrats!

Would it be cool if I posted some of the photos up on my site?
    I'd love to have my car featured on your site! I sent a submission in with the necessary info. Let me know if there's anything else you need!

Quote Originally Posted by Markl006 View Post
    WOW! that looks great!

I remember when that parking structure fell down during the quake. I used to go to CSUN.
    Thanks!

That's a lot of concrete to come crashing down...

Quote Originally Posted by coupe du jour View Post
    props to you, man...you really nailed it! while there are a lot of nice cars on this forum, it's rare that one comes along and makes me all giddy like a schoolgirl. seriously...the look...it's perfect. add in the imola interior in a silver car...all win man, ALL WIN. plus you didn't de-chrome it or otherwise go way out there to make it 'different'. i'm jealous of how much easier it must be to clean those wheels, with the bolts countersunk into the barrels...whereas mine, on the surface of the outer lip, are a SERIOUS pain in the ass! great photos too!!!
    I figured silver is always classic, and they will be easy to sell in the future when I want a different look. That, and there was only 1 shade of silver paint at the particular store I went to...

These will DEFINITELY be easier to clean than my last set of wheels (16-spoke mesh). They too had protruding bolts. I had to get an old toothbrush in there to get everything clean.

Quote Originally Posted by No Laces View Post
    Simple and clean. Perfect look

im diggin the front acs lips too are those oem?
    Thanks! They're not OEM. Actually, they're made by Motion Motorsport, and are replicas of the ACS one.

Quote Originally Posted by supremesole View Post
    Love the wheels, stance and the overall look of the car

Winning

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by StarReaver View Post
    I'd love to have my car featured on your site! I sent a submission in with the necessary info. Let me know if there's anything else you need!
    Very cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the submission.
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    Thought I'd update the thread with moar pictures, in case you guys don't check the Rides/Styling subforum. First, got some pretty locking wheel nuts. I realize they're useless against a real thief, but at least they'll discourage the honest people. That, and they're red:

The rest of the pictures:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1631910

Enjoy!

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    And waaaaaaaaay before all of this I received some inconspicuous boxes in the mail...

And look what's inside!

Elapsed time between that last picture and these next ones is almost a year!

That's all you guys get until the next shoot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast