BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    Quote Originally Posted by BP SCM3 View Post
    I'm slowly un-photofucking my posts.

Got the car out of storage.

Car is looking excellent!!!

"You don't win silver....you lose gold."

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    I've struggled to find a decent set of plug wires. Yours look to fit quite will. Which set of Taylors is that?
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    z3
    Upholstery shops charge pennies (relatively speaking) to do upholstery work on seats like that, especially if they have removable cushions. I'd get the base one and spend a few bucks getting something cool done at a shop. That's just me though

Car looks nice! Needs some videos I think

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0 Coupe

Looking for new seats that will fit past the B pillar. Hard to find a seat that narrow. Thinking about the Tillett B5 Carbon Seat.

~10lbs

wow
    2001 Z3 3.0 Coupe--Sterling Gray/Sunroof Delete/5MT

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Great to be young, lucky gents. :-)

Terry
    Note 8/Tapatalk.

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I did fly to england to test Tillett B5, it is great seat! B6 is same but with high sides to legs for track work.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Awsome love the car makes me want a LS in my coupe , maybe over the winter...love the roof lip spoiler did you make that ?.. keep the updates coming..

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Awsome love the car makes me want a LS in my coupe , maybe over the winter...love the roof lip spoiler did you make that ?.. keep the updates coming..

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
    I've struggled to find a decent set of plug wires. Yours look to fit quite will. Which set of Taylors is that?
    I believe they are the Taylor 79213 409 Pro Race 10.4MM Spark Plug Wires 1997-Up LS Car with Headers.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Upholstery shops charge pennies (relatively speaking) to do upholstery work on seats like that, especially if they have removable cushions. I'd get the base one and spend a few bucks getting something cool done at a shop. That's just me though

Car looks nice! Needs some videos I think
    Good idea.
    Still trying to find time to get a decent video made.

Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post
    I did fly to england to test Tillett B5, it is great seat! B6 is same but with high sides to legs for track work.
    I'd prefer the B6, I'm not sure how well the factory belts will fit through the hip holes.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I think those hip belt holes generally would be pain in the buttock, How about B1 seat?

My Cars
    E90M3
    curious how the cx racing engine mounts are holding up now that its been some time on the build...Love the Tillett seat btw

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    How’s the car on track, have you ever had it weighed or corner balanced....still interested in the roof spoiler
    I'm an Aussie living in the States , love it
    Modestly dyslexic so for give the spelling.

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebj View Post
    How’s the car on track, have you ever had it weighed or corner balanced....still interested in the roof spoiler
    I haven't taken it to the track. Car is about 40-50lbs lighter than with the stock 2.8 & stock transmission. I could save more weight if I could use the stock transmission.

http://www.donewhenimdead.com/garage...um-gurney-flap

Quote Originally Posted by Kondata View Post
    curious how the cx racing engine mounts are holding up now that its been some time on the build...Love the Tillett seat btw
    Looks like they are still holding up.

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    The bushings in the CX Racing engine mounts failed. Time to try something new.

CX Mounts

I have switched everything over to Sikky. http://www.sikky.com/product-categor...kits/bmw-kits/
    The work was done at https://www.facebook.com/515motorsportkc

Relocation Shifter

New Headers

New Mount, Oil Pan & Oil Filter Relocation

New Throttle Cable Mount Fabricated

New Shift Knob

Seats Installed
    The seats slide past the B pillar. Now I have plenty of leg & headroom.

After having all of this work done and parts installed, on my way home from the shop, the transmission decided to take a dump.
    The motor and the transmission need to come back out. Car is back in storage until next year. I'm looking at Tick Performance to do a rebuild of the T-56 or buying their Magnum TR-6060 conversion package.
    And while the motor is out, it would be a good time to do a head and cam package.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Thanks for updates. Did you install B5's with planted seatbase?
    How is the seating height and angle compared to original?

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    Looks like a similar fail to the bad batch of Ireland Subframe bushings in the way is crumbled. Or the header heat killed them from heat. If that is a track car, why are you messing with isolating bushings? Just weld up something of your own and be done with it. Save your cash for tires.
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Buy a batch of Delrin rod and make your own bushings with lathe. It is easy to make but super super durable, it will be basicle infinite. Orcourse you need to have also metal pipe on the inner diameter between bolt and delrin to not have thread against it.

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    Thanks for updates. Did you install B5's with planted seatbase?
    How is the seating height and angle compared to original?
    The B5 seats are mounted to tillett seat brackets, the brackets are mounted to sliders and the sliders are mounted to my old Corbeau seat mounts. The seating position is perfect for me now. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of head and leg room. Wearing a helmet will be no problem, if I ever track the car.
    I never drove the car with factory seats, but with the old Corbeau seats I had to tilt my head to the side to see if the street light had turned green.

Quote Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
    Looks like a similar fail to the bad batch of Ireland Subframe bushings in the way is crumbled. Or the header heat killed them from heat. If that is a track car, why are you messing with isolating bushings? Just weld up something of your own and be done with it. Save your cash for tires.
    Buy a batch of Delrin rod and make your own bushings with lathe. It is easy to make but super super durable, it will be basicle infinite. Orcourse you need to have also metal pipe on the inner diameter between bolt and delrin to not have thread against it.
    I'm still trying to get rid of a slight vibration in the driveline, thats why I wanted to try the Sikky mounts. If the Sikky mounts fail, I'll have something fabricated. After my transmission took a dump, I'm suspecting that may have been the source of the vibration.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    Bet it's in the drive shaft. How are the angles at the u-joints? It more critical than many realize. Or if the shop that made your shaft was not careful, could have goofed up the balance or center alignment. That could also have been the cause of tranny fail.
    Go Jerico or similar for the tranny. You won't regret the fun of a dog box. But only if it is dedicated track and your rules allow. Jerico also rebuilds for 250 bucks plus parts. The dog rings and other parts will require more maintenance. Especially the first season while you learn to shift correctly without clutch, but the fun of driving a dog box is worth it.
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    I bought a used 10" acer android tablet, windshield mount and installed the Shadow Dash app. Shadow Dash allows you to data log and monitor all the MegaSquirt data. It also monitors the GPS and Accelerometers in the acer tablet. You can slide between dashboards and customize the gauges. The tablet is connected to the MegaSquirt using the USB connection. You can also connect with Bluetooth.

My Cars
    Z3M 6.2 V8, F30 335d
    I'm still trying to get rid of a slight vibration in the driveline, thats why I wanted to try the Sikky mounts. If the Sikky mounts fail, I'll have something fabricated. After my transmission took a dump, I'm suspecting that may have been the source of the vibration.
    i suggest you check alignment of the engine and differential. They need to be under a half degree out otherwise you will get vibration. I fitted a LS3 / T56 to my z3 and was careful to get alignment bang on. I have no vibration. The standard diffferential mounting into the rear subframe was not aligned to the motor and I had to make a modification to drop the back of the differential down a bit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234