Thread: WinFKP ZB Number not listed

My Cars
    bmw 135i

WinFKP ZB Number not listed

Hi I am attempting an firmware update on my FRM3 module as I heard it might fix my windows initialisation problem. I have downloaded WinKFP and updated with my E89 daten files v52. However I don't see the ZB/Part Number listed on there which is 9230453 I see numbers very close but not mine. Would WinKFP pick the next best one for my car or I do I need the data files for that ZB number to be present before attempting a flash?

Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    It doesn't list old versions, as they aren't used any more.
    When you go for an update, it will check your old number, and tell you what current version it will use.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 135i
    great thanks for that info. So I just basically use update zusb and let it work out the current version. I could see my FRM code listed in the .HWH file so was guessing it would do that. Just wanted to be sure appreciate the knowledge.
    Last edited by lomb; 04-25-2015 at 01:43 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Yep, it'll pop up with a screen saying what the current version is and what the "target" version is, which will be the latest software version.
    If those numbers are different, it'll update it, if they are the same, then it can still re-write the software but that shouldn't really be needed.

You can cancel out at that screen too, so it means you can go through all the modules and see what updates it is thinking of.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 135i
    Hi

I did this procedure the FRM updated fine however a load of errors appears now I get the following issues cant connect to DSC and PDC showing up do these need to updated as well? I only did the FRM as I was advised via service plan. The other processors were not touched.

Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Try and clear those errors and see if they come back, or you might want to try NCS expert to recode the FRM.

When a module is being programmed, it often puts communication errors into different modules.

The other possibility is the programming has changed it to default coding, and it needs to be set up with NCS expert to let the FRM know what modules and options it has.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 135i
    Thanks once again you have been a great help my friend! I did clear the errors then left the car to sit for 45mins and the modules showed up again. The software update never fixed the 9cc7 (anti trap message) error even after window initialisation via inpa but at least I know the unit is toast now.

Now to flash DME but I start a new post on that one.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    The anti trap is probably a physical issue. I know the E46 has a pressure contact in the rubber door seal on the frameless coupe doors.

For anything else though, try to avoid unnecessary updating. WinKFP doesn't come with a manual or some point and click interface that handles everything.
    CAS programming for example is done with the key out of the ignition slot, WinKFP doesn't mention this anywhere as the guy using it would know that already.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 135i
    Thanks I will try and keep the module flashing to a min now as it did scare me when I saw all those error codes earlier. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the list. As for the anti trap I will pop the door card off and see if I can see anything blocking the window.

The DME however is a an essential update which I need as the car keeps going into limp mode and I saw a bmwtis document (ref SI B12 22 10) stating the firmware is the issue The dealer wants £360 to correct this even though they sold me car after this service bulletin had been issued. I take it you wouldn't recommend a DIY job on this ? and assume there is more than one module to update in this process?

Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    The DME is all by itself.

It sounds like you have a good reason to do it, so go ahead and hopefully it will work out. Errors and problems are rare, but it's best not to take this risk if it's just something to do on a bored sunday evening. Usually you won't even notice a difference , as it's not often that an update contains anything major.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 135i
    Your knowledge is appreciated I might as well give it a go I am using a K/D can cable do you know how long winfkp would take roughly in hours (DME Flash) ? I don't have the luxury of a booster pack that has a programming mode but do have a brand new battery which I will charge before fitting and registering would this be good enough?

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    I guess take the car for a run, get the battery charged up.
    Aircon and fans off, radio/idrive off, and the programming would take something like 10 mins.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 135i
    Thanks mate that's not half as bad as I was thought was imagining hours of programming.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    When people say there might be hours for an update, it is usually people using ISTA/P which will update all modules to have everything on the same i-level, and also using a D-CAN lead and not the proper ICOM A and B, the ICOM B is an optical interface for the iDrive and media stuff.
    They are the modules that can have massive update files, and a D+CAN cable is pretty slow for data transfer.

The F series cars have moved onto ethernet cables now to speed things up.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 135i
    Just as a follow up I did manage to pluck up the courage to do this today and it worked whole thing was about 10 mins part 1 and 3 mins part 2. Car didn't start straight away but cleared 2 lots of error codes and started like a dream. The update sucks but no more limp mode :-) Thanks Enda320

My Cars
    BMW 528xi
    Newbie here. Not sure if this is an appropriate post this question but here we go.

I have a 528xi someone defiled the same with a random zb and what I'm trying to do is restore original.
    Prof nap DME on sticker 7583468 which happens to be unlisted. The current one is 7594488 the car is working at the moment but slow as a turtle. Is there a way to figure out the updated zb for this model ?

( other info on DME sticker)
    5wk90198
    Msv80.0

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by Naack View Post
    Newbie here. Not sure if this is an appropriate post this question but here we go.

I have a 528xi someone defiled the same with a random zb and what I'm trying to do is restore original.
    Prof nap DME on sticker 7583468 which happens to be unlisted. The current one is 7594488 the car is working at the moment but slow as a turtle. Is there a way to figure out the updated zb for this model ?

( other info on DME sticker)
    5wk90198
    Msv80.0
    I'll check when I get on the home computer.

You can search the original ZB 7583468 in the *.his file (if I remember correctly, open with Notepad) in the MSV80.0 folder where your flash data is stored.

When you find the ZB number, there is a comma, and on the right of it, is the superseding ZB number for your car.

Then search the superseding ZB number (going up AND down), and find the next superseding number.. repeat until if doesn't find any more. Final number will be 8xxxxxx probably.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2001 740i M Sport
    You can also get on realoem.com and look up the module in the parts fiche for your car. In the description it will have the latest ZB number for that module.
    2001 740i M-Sport
    All Stock, 142K miles

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns01E38 View Post
    You can also get on realoem.com and look up the module in the parts fiche for your car. In the description it will have the latest ZB number for that module.
    Unfortunately this doesn't work for anything newer than E46 era (+-) cars.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    BMW 528xi
    thank you for the tip im on it. i cannot find the msv80.0 folder i can only finde the msv80 fodler. ( v60.1 ) i am on the look for the older spdaten perhaps they're present in there.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by Naack View Post
    thank you for the tip im on it. i cannot find the msv80.0 folder i can only finde the msv80 fodler. ( v60.1 ) i am on the look for the older spdaten perhaps they're present in there.
    I think there's a MSV801 and MSV80 folder? Then do the process I said above with the file from MSV80 folder.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    BMW 528xi
    hey sorry for the delay things have been weird...
    msv801 folder is not there either. i am unable to find the zb number 7583468 anywhere. is it possible to get the updated equivalence so i can just go directly to that?
    i found the same car model same year with zb number 7602220 but i cannot find this anywhere either. i found a file called 7602220A.0pa but i am trying to find more info before i mess around with the car..
    anymore tips would be appreciated.
    thank you

My Cars
    BMW 528xi
    does anyone know where to get spdaten v32