Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My dog ate my key....

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    Holy crap! No pun intended but I did not realize this thread was almost five years old! I was actually wondering who those users were.

Had a German Shepherd/Collie mix named Ali but she died right around the same time the OP posted this. She was 13, healthy and I still miss her. Even have dreams about her and just had another one this morning. I got pics but its on the downstairs comp which is offline at the moment.

My Cars
    Z3, G37 Coupe, GLE
    holy old thread batman

BF.c member 39,803

My Cars
    240sx, JCW MINI, Disco
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    Two of the best dog's ever combined. I bet that dog is super smart and super fun to play with.

Yep. She is insanely smart, and easily the best dog we've ever had. She sticks to your right leg when walking with her, no matter what, and is just nice, friendly, a riot to play with, and keeps herself in great shape. My stepdad always brags about her because he takes her walking ten miles every morning and she is the only dog that doesn't require a leash.

She LOVES to swim, too

She is such a beautiful animal, the lady I learned to train her from said she was an incredible candidate for a showdog. her fur is soft and thick, and she prances when she walks, just the best dog ever. She has absolutely no flaws, other than the fact that she likes to lick people's hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaddy View Post
    thedaddy ties Obama to Ozzie Osbourne...........nails triple word score.

My Cars
    2016 535i
    shall we turn this into the 'post a pic of your dog' thread, cause i've got one handy...

-OG

My Cars
    240sx, JCW MINI, Disco
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBenz View Post
    shall we turn this into the 'post a pic of your dog' thread, cause i've got one handy...

-OG

please do!

Cats, birds, lizards work too

My Cars
    00 M Roady, 96 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by MatteBlackCoupeDude View Post
    please do!

I got a BETTA FISH does that work...
    M POWER

My Cars
    '01 titan silver z3 3.0i
    even though everyone and their mom is a cat hater, i'm not:

on topic, i've never gotten my keyless entry to work as long as i've had my car. i dont even know if my keyfob is OEM since it only has one "lock/unlock" button, a "home"(?) button, and some sound looking icon.. and no separate "unlock" and "lock" button like the OP stated. i also have this red LED light next to my conv. top up/down buttons under the sub that i've never seen light up..

My Cars
    96 1.9L Z3; 72 8.2L
    Don't get me started on dog stories. My black lab is the houdini of dogs. There is nothing she has not figured her way out of - opens doors, gates, pulls half-gaiiners off of trees to get over fences--I just wish I had video - I would win the $10K easily.

She is older now and doesn't pull that stuff much more. But you put her out and then 10 minutes later she just walks in the room and you go WTF?

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    I also used to have a goldfish that lived to be barely 19. It was sad when it died, thou.

My Cars
    e36/7, e46, e66
    Quote Originally Posted by loneman View Post
    I also used to have a goldfish that lived to be barely 19. It was sad when it died, thou.
    If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Dr. Emmett L. Brown

Did Dr. Emmett Brown say that? I only recall George McFly saying that at the end of the first movie when his book was published.

My Cars
    E368 S54
    I have a 2001 Coupe with no keyless entry. I kind of like the fact too, it reminds me that when I get into the car I am not there for all the frippery. I am there to drive.
    My dog Moose at 4 months (1 month ago):

Sarchasm: The gap between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

My Cars
    96 1.9L Z3; 72 8.2L
    They should have put in a toggle switch and a start button in the Z. That would be too cool.

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarton750 View Post
    If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Dr. Emmett L. Brown

Did Dr. Emmett Brown say that? I only recall George McFly saying that at the end of the first movie when his book was published.
    George McFly did say that at the end of the movie, but he was quoting Marty from 1955, who was quoting Doc when they were at George's house doing laundry. You never hear Doc say it in the movie, though. Here is a direct quote from the movie:

Marty McFly: Too loud. I can't believe it. I'm never gonna get a chance to play in front of anybody.
    Jennifer Parker: Marty, one rejection isn't the end of the world.
    Marty McFly: Nah, I just don't think I'm cut out for music.
    Jennifer Parker: But you're good, Marty, you're really good. And this audition tape of yours is great. You've gotta send it in to the record company. It's like Doc's always saying...
    Marty McFly: Yeah, I know, I know. If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.
    [He sees two girls walk by and looks at them]
    Jennifer Parker: [turns Marty's head back to her] That's good advice, Marty.
    Last edited by LONEMAN; 01-15-2008 at 12:46 PM.

My Cars
    M
    There should be no need to reprogram the key or the car.

I ordered the full set of keys from BMW and all were already coded. The VIN is programmed into each key transponder. It should be simple plug and play and your car should start immediately upon using the key. Here is the cost of the keys

GENERAL KEY ILLUMINATED (51218205311) $53.85
    GENERAL KEY NON-ILLUMINATED (51218205312) $43.50
    VALET KEY - GREY (51218205310) $36.00
    SPARE KEY - PLASTIC (51218205313) $38.85

That's the price I was quoted from my dealership.

The keys with the remote built into them, those are the ones that are well over $100.
    "It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. That's just the way it is..." - The M Coupe

My Cars
    240sx, JCW MINI, Disco
    I had a feeder goldfish that lived 16 years. It was crazy. the poor thing had cataracts for like 5 years

And on cats: mine could probably eat my dog. He's solid black and weighs 24 pounds
    Last edited by MatteBlackCoupeDude; 01-15-2008 at 02:56 PM.

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    I had a feeder goldfish that lived 16 years. It was crazy. the poor thing had cataracts for like 5 years
    Mine too. Don't know if it could see, but it was pretty smart for a goldfish. Used to sense you walking in and come up for feeding.

My Cars
    240sx, JCW MINI, Disco
    Mine too. Don't know if it could see, but it was pretty smart for a goldfish. Used to sense you walking in and come up for feeding.
    same

My Cars
    ///M x 2
    So who has 2 or more?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.8
    If the LED on the remote does not light up you probably need a new battery - using something small gently open compartment at rear, undo two screws and remove battery. The type and correct position of new battery should be marked on the compartment base. Large button on front to lock and arm alarm, bottom left to unlock and de-arm, bottom right to turn on interior lights remotely.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    OK, my turn. Here's my Zeke a few months ago:

And, more recently:

Why be stock?

www.the-mod-squad.org

My Cars
    2016 535i
    please do!

My dogs are in no position to munch on some beefy bimmer keys but here they are:

-OG

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Oops, accident;y sent before I was done.
    I had to share this little clip. Not very good lighting, but cute anyway.

Why be stock?

www.the-mod-squad.org

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    Holy Old Thread!

If you have keyless entry, you have a fob on your keychain and a little hump in the middle of the head liner I think. The little flashlight button on the key is not for the locks...it's just a light.

I do not have keyless entry. My Coupe is old school.
    Actually, my Coupe didn't have keyless entry either when I first bought it. I ordered the OEM keyless unit off BavAuto and installed it myself (under the glove box, plugs into the OBC. Directions come with the kit). Very easy to do. A little time consuming, but nothing that can't be done in a weekend.

I like being able to unlock my car from a distance and have the lights come on rather than have to walk right up to it all the time. Makes the car feel newer. Especially helpful in impressing a date too.

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    Quote Originally Posted by bully9au View Post
    If the LED on the remote does not light up you probably need a new battery - using something small gently open compartment at rear, undo two screws and remove battery. The type and correct position of new battery should be marked on the compartment base. Large button on front to lock and arm alarm, bottom left to unlock and de-arm, bottom right to turn on interior lights remotely.
    What type of remote do you have? Mine is only the 2-botton fob (the same one the older-gen Subarus use):

My Cars
    2016 535i
    ^that's what i have

-OG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast