Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schapenwagen, The last chapter

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post
    Could you use this to cut the gasket?

https://www.harborfreight.com/9-piec...set-95547.html
    That's sort of what my friend made but the punch had a 10mm pilot because I need the new hole to be concentric with the old.

My Cars
    98 m3

Schapenwagen, The last chapter

We got another day with the car on sunday.

We cleaned up a bunch of wiring. Check out those fancy ac lines!

Moved the diagnostic port, and the ignition coil connection.

Welded up the lower condenser fitting. This buys you a ton of space for an intercooler. 5.5” with ac is possible.

I set up a new m50 inlet manifold. The one I was running is from the first build in this car... and I want new vacuum fitting locations. Additionally, I didn’t want to clean shrapnel out of mine hah.

I added all the fittings to the new manifold only to later realize it was also full of piston debris. I spent several hours cleaning it.

I pulled and polished up my fuel rail.

Finally updated my 4” inlet to fit a little easier. Now that the ac lines are moved it can update.

Seems like a small update but there’s 20 hours of work right there lol.

We have one more day to clean everything up. I want to duct the intercooler but other than that we are just an inlet manifold and driveshaft away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    98 m3

Finished up the car tonight!

It was about the 5th evening of work. We spent about twice the time I wanted to, but after the last bolt tonight I realized I have made zero concessions. There is usually one thing that you wish was better or you did differently, and for once I don’t feel that way.

Re-mounted the cae shifter, changed the selector rod, reset the lockouts. Never felt better. Ignore the mess, it needs a full detail.

Made up a new boost reference setup. Uses 4 aluminum hard lines. These will be cleaned up as they prove themselves.

The intercooler install went very well. 4.5” fit with the brand new condenser. Unbelievable how big a 12x4.5x22” core looks on an e36. Also made a set of ducts to finish off the new setup. Absolutely pleased!

Additionally, one day I’ll print a nice cap for the air filter to clean up the air dam.

Last edited by vollosso; 01-30-2019 at 05:22 AM.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Quote Originally Posted by vollosso View Post
    We got another day with the car on sunday.

We cleaned up a bunch of wiring. Check out those fancy ac lines!

Moved the diagnostic port, and the ignition coil connection.

Welded up the lower condenser fitting. This buys you a ton of space for an intercooler. 5.5” with ac is possible.

I set up a new m50 inlet manifold. The one I was running is from the first build in this car... and I want new vacuum fitting locations. Additionally, I didn’t want to clean shrapnel out of mine hah.

I added all the fittings to the new manifold only to later realize it was also full of piston debris. I spent several hours cleaning it.

I pulled and polished up my fuel rail.

Finally updated my 4” inlet to fit a little easier. Now that the ac lines are moved it can update.

Seems like a small update but there’s 20 hours of work right there lol.

We have one more day to clean everything up. I want to duct the intercooler but other than that we are just an inlet manifold and driveshaft away!

Great work with those AC fittings, was thinking of doing the same on my cars. Will 22RPD be offering this as a kit?

Joe
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    1993 325is
    That looks fabulous Zack. I really like the aluminum hard lines for the boost signals/references. Gonna totally steal that one!!

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Nice, can't wait to see it!
    CBlock

My Cars
    98 m3

Quote Originally Posted by ADVANT123 View Post
    Great work with those AC fittings, was thinking of doing the same on my cars. Will 22RPD be offering this as a kit?

Joe
    I appreciate that! I’m really pleased with them!

As far as making them, In total I had 3 lines made. I cut them and had them use proper refrigerant line. Finally, I made up that little lower block.

The whole setup ended up being probably 500$ and 5hours of work. I rotated the upper mounting block and had to bend 2 of the hardlines to make it work.

Generally, when we make products I want them to be a perfect fit and install with minimal effort. These lines don’t really fit that criteria.

I like the idea of machining a few the lower blocks to facilitate the whole setup versus making a complete package.

All that being said I would be willing to make a few sets until we figure out a good long term solution. I would just explain they aren’t exactly “plug and play”

Quote Originally Posted by jakermac View Post
    That looks fabulous Zack. I really like the aluminum hard lines for the boost signals/references. Gonna totally steal that one!!
    Hey thanks! I was originally going to use pushlock fittings and a custom block but I didn’t have any fittings on hand. This setup will work for now, and I’m pretty happy with the final for just doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    Nice, can't wait to see it!
    Come over I’ll take you for a ride.

Last edited by vollosso; 01-30-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    I'd be interested if you're willing to make them! I had my car up on the lift the other day poking around to see it would take to put a larger intercooler on my M Coupe before I install the tune/injectors you sent me and the A/C line is the only thing that's preventing me from going with a deeper core than I have today. Here is a pic showing my current 2.75" Technique Tuning core, there's no more room to go deeper until I address the A/C line.

Thanks
    Joe

I appreciate that! I’m really pleased with them!

As far as making them, In total I had 3 lines made. I cut them and had them use proper refrigerant line. Finally, I made up that little lower block.

The whole setup ended up being probably 500$ and 5hours of work. I rotated the upper mounting block and had to bend 2 of the hardlines to make it work.

Generally, when we make products I want them to be a perfect fit and install with minimal effort. These lines don’t really fit that criteria.

I like the idea of machining a few the lower blocks to facilitate the whole setup versus making a complete package.

All that being said I would be willing to make a few sets until we figure out a good long term solution. I would just explain they aren’t exactly “plug and play”

Hey thanks! I was originally going to use pushlock fittings and a custom block but I didn’t have any fittings on hand. This setup will work for now, and I’m pretty happy with the final for just doing something.

Come over I’ll take you for a ride.

Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 M3

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Also interested in a solution to relocate the AC fittings/line. Thanks for keeping good interesting content on the forum!
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    98 m3
    Shoot I didn’t make a post, we have been really busy. We broke the motor in on wednesday.

About 20 minutes into the drive the battery light came on and my brand new Bosch 140a failed. DOA.

So Reilly and I got to do a parking lot alternator. It was a lovely way to wrap up the build.

Shout out to Jason Comber for dropping by and saving the afternoon with the replacement alternator.

The new 4.5” intercooler and ported head are really doing work. We saw 6.5psi by 2000rpm on the highway. It was nearly impossible to break the motor in on public highways hah.

As far as the ac solutions go I would be willing to manufacture the bottom end couplers and have ends made. If we got 5 people together I’d just have them machined I already drew them up!

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    If the AC lines price came down from $500, I’d be interested, but I am not sure we can get 5 people to spread the machine costs and you don’t want to tie up money sitting on them.

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Shoot I didn’t make a post, we have been really busy. We broke the motor in on wednesday.

About 20 minutes into the drive the battery light came on and my brand new Bosch 140a failed. DOA.

So Reilly and I got to do a parking lot alternator. It was a lovely way to wrap up the build.

Shout out to Jason Comber for dropping by and saving the afternoon with the replacement alternator.

The new 4.5” intercooler and ported head are really doing work. We saw 6.5psi by 2000rpm on the highway. It was nearly impossible to break the motor in on public highways hah.

As far as the ac solutions go I would be willing to manufacture the bottom end couplers and have ends made. If we got 5 people together I’d just have them machined I already drew them up!

If you're talking about making the lines that go from the drier to the condenser to free up the space to run a deeper intercooler (the line I circled in my last post), you can sign me up for 2 lines, I can use them on my M coupe and M3.

Thanks
    Joe
    1997 M3

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    If the AC lines price came down from $500, I’d be interested, but I am not sure we can get 5 people to spread the machine costs and you don’t want to tie up money sitting on them.
    The key lower custom fitting wouldn’t be exoensive. What was expensive was having every line remade.

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVANT123 View Post
    If you're talking about making the lines that go from the drier to the condenser to free up the space to run a deeper intercooler (the line I circled in my last post), you can sign me up for 2 lines, I can use them on my M coupe and M3.

Thanks
    Joe
    Yep that’s the critical piece.

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Yep that’s the critical piece.

That looks great - sign me up for 2.
    1997 M3

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I would take one of those fittings.

My Cars
    E36 M3 Turbo
    Perfection!
    97 Turbo 3.2L M3 - Cutring / ARP - RSI Top Mount - Gt4088r - ID1300 - Tial WG - 22RPD Tuned - 93 Octane - 3.5" Stainless

My Cars
    '97 M3
    It looks good Zack.

I’d recommend against using aluminum for your boost reference lines, stainless steel would be a much better choice as aluminum chafes far to easily which would lead to an expensive over boost situation. It wouldn’t be difficult to do now having the aluminum lines said a pattern.

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    It looks good Zack.

I’d recommend against using aluminum for your boost reference lines, stainless steel would be a much better choice as aluminum chafes far to easily which would lead to an expensive over boost situation. It wouldn’t be difficult to do now having the aluminum lines said a pattern.
    Thanks, your build is up there for me too man. Looking forward to your updates!

I just replaced steel lines with the aluminum ones because it was available locally in a bit bigger size. I’ll keep an eye on them for now. I need to reset my wastegate anyway, I lost some ground clearance with the dump tubes. My new driveway is punishing me pretty good hah.

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Id be interested in the AC fittings as well.

Car is looking good!!

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

My Cars
    01 530i
    What are the dimensions/brand of that air filter, and what do you think of it for this power level?

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by s13flyboy View Post
    What are the dimensions/brand of that air filter, and what do you think of it for this power level?
    It’s an r2c filter

It’s huge. 4”inlet, 8” base, 6” front cone, 11” long filter material. That’s my recollection at-least.

I called them when I ordered it and told them the power range and needed something to flow there. I forget the cfm numbers we discussed.

I had an amsoil filter before that was smaller and it sucked oil through the compressor.

I’ll always run a filter. I think when sized appropriately they can perform better versus a screen or a tube end.

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold

My Cars
    01 530i
    Awesome, thanks. I completly agree about running a filter. Thanks for the info, love the car!

My Cars
    328i,740i,e36 m3 x2,e46
    Amazing work!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Do you still have brake ducts?

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast