Thread: Heads up Display

My Cars
    BMW

Heads up Display

I'm looking at purchasing a 2017 530i. I wanted to know if the HUD is worth it. I heard the windshield replacement with HUD is $1,500-$2,000. I plan to drive a lot of highway mileage and with those road rocks, it's only a matter of time before the windshield gets cracked.

Are there any known issues (Tranny, mechanical, etc) with the 2017 530i since it was the first year of the G30?

My Cars
    2021 M550i Tanzanite Blu
    Here in FL, I don't go anywhere during the day without sunglasses, but polarized lenses make the HUD pretty much invisible. For dawn/dusk and night driving though, the HUD is great; I particularly like the turn-by-turn nav guide in the HUD. Florida also requires insurance companies to cover windshield replacement without a deductible (for safety reasons), so I'm not too worried. (I've replaced windshields in prior cars and it was $0 out of pocket, but this one is so much, I expect there's got to be some cost to the owner.)

No information on your other Q's about the 530i, though.
    M550i Sedan; tanzanite blue/white Nappa leather (list of options coming soon).

Was: 335i Coupe; silver/dark AT with Sport and Premium pkgs, includes paddle shifters; brake booster valve replaced (twice now); oil cooler no longer a top priority.

My Cars
    LS E46
    I added a hud speedometer to one of my cars - now I miss it whenever I’m in my other cars. Such a great thing to have.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    I added a hud speedometer to one of my cars - now I miss it whenever I’m in my other cars. Such a great thing to have.

After purchasing the 2017 530i with the HUD. I like how it shows the speed and GPS directions. It will also show warnings like if the door is open.