Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1720

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Nice to see one without sag but those 90* top angles make them look so tall.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    No problem! I think it's a good wing for the money, fitment isn't that bad really. I think it could be installed as is, maybe a bit of sanding may be done. I haven't been able to weigh it, but I'd say around 10-12lbs or so. And yeah I'm pleased with the no-sag. The lower wing fitment is quite good against the trunk and won't impact the body when closing. Sits nice and clean against the body. Not bad at all... especially for $250 shipped!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post
    what you mean?
    I do think the risers look a tad thicker than other wings, but the curve follows the contour of the wing. Doesn't bother me too much.
    Last edited by propcar; 02-06-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    You can kinda see it here. the OE wing curves inward right from where it meets the riser. Either way, it looks good. Sag is the main thing to worry about, followed by crooked risers. I think once its painted it won't be as noticeable either.
    DSC_0724 by Chris West, on Flickr

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Ahhh I see what you mean. Yeah OEM looks a bit nicer there for sure. Maybe the paint will help as you say!

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    nice wing for that price...

- - - Updated - - -

not finding the seller "daro-sport" in ebay... was this on ebay germany?

nevermind i found him
    Last edited by TH3 Shifty; 02-07-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    no sir, found it on regular ebay. I'll get you a link although he seems to be out of stock now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E36-Cla...53.m1438.l2649

My Cars
    e36
    I just installed the 610n force shocks from the m3 GT and now opening and closing my trunk is so much easier. See vid. You can tell right before it shuts, it’s a bit heavy. No way around that. But in the middle and top it basically opens the trunk for you.

https://www.msportparts.com/collecti...242264448-pair

https://youtu.be/lXigk6L2ww0

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    I'll have to get these too.

And I really like your LTW 'no carpet' trunk. So nice.
    Last edited by propcar; 02-14-2019 at 09:43 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3
    I need those. Is your wing a real LTW or did you cut the wing? Also, anyone with this needs to purchase this. https://www.msportparts.com/collecti...-reinforcement
    The thud the trunk makes while closing after installing it is like closing the door on a 993 instead of slamming a tin can into a wall haha.
    Also, Danny, if you want the part no. for the no carpet trunk cover plastics I'll shoot it over to you. Its very reasonable and still available at the dealer.
    Last edited by notMpowered; 02-14-2019 at 09:52 PM.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    I need those. Is your wing a real LTW or did you cut the wing? Also, anyone with this needs to purchase this. https://www.msportparts.com/collecti...-reinforcement
    The thud the trunk makes while closing after installing it is like closing the door on a 993 instead of slamming a tin can into a wall haha.
    Also, Danny, if you want the part no. for the no carpet trunk cover plastics I'll shoot it over to you. Its very reasonable and still available at the dealer.
    Please... may as well

I'll also be getting the reinforcement for sure.

My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Pulled a PTG at the local makerspace.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    so beautiful.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Pulled a PTG at the local makerspace.

Love it. I'd do the same if I didn't have the clubsport base.

My Cars
    E36 M3 (street car), E21 320i (race car)
    Can this spoiler be used without the risers?

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by RSnider View Post
    Can this spoiler be used without the risers?
    Yes, it's a 4 piece spoiler with removable risers. I don't plan to run it low though. You'd think that it's easy to switch around... nah, lots of work and potential to mess up the paint on the wing.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue
    Wanted to share the wing I picked up from ebay seller daro-sport.

It's fiberglass, 4-piece, and made in Poland. I feel like the quality is descent given it was $250 shipped.

Comes with a few aluminum screws to bolt the risers to the top wing, however I seem to be missing the hardware to bolt the bottom risers through the bottom wing and through the trunk. Body shop should be able to source this.

I talked to a couple of people in europe to see what they were using. Guy in Germany said they used someone in Poland. I think it's this wing. My second choice would have been the UK made ABSmotorsport wing, although that one is a two piece.

Took about 4 weeks to get to me from Poland via what I assume was by boat and USPS here. The wing came well wrapped and the packaging indicated 'fragile' and it seemed to have been treated well (not seller's responsibility).

Anyways... onto some pics. Note: wing isn't fully bolted together. Only top wing is bolted to risers snugly. Risers are placed on top of bottom wing and bottom wing is just laying on top of trunk.

just a straight edge to show as reference (not leveling lol)
    I picked my wing up from the same guy. Seemed to be decently made at first but the fit and finish was subpar to say the least, took a little bit of finagling to get everything on properly. I'm happy with it though considering it checked all the boxes in my criteria: 4 piece, has no sag and it fit the bill. I will try to source out a better quality wing in the future though. Hoping Mashaw makes a comeback or finding a used abraham's
    Last edited by RuhRohh; 02-22-2019 at 10:28 AM.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Just ordered one too
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    I picked my wing up from the same guy. Seemed to be decently made at first but the fit and finish was subpar to say the least, took a little bit of finagling to get everything on properly. I'm happy with it though considering it checked all the boxes in my criteria: 4 piece, has no sag and it fit the bill. I will try to source out a better quality wing in the future though. Hoping Mashaw makes a comeback or finding a used abraham's
    I think almost all the wings need some amount of sanding to get everything to line up better. Only one that's perfect is the full carbon PTG wing... you'll pay over $2k for that.

You can still order from MAshaw. Response I got from them when emailing them:

We can make the LTW wing in one week.
    It is in FRP fiberglass.
    Price is $750.00

Not sure it's really worth it if it's fiberglass just like the wing I ordered... I've seen some pictures and seen comments on MAShaw wing having similar fitment quirks. If they did a full carbon wing for $750 (not fiberglass with carbon layer as venier). Then I think it'd be worth $750 for sure.
    Last edited by propcar; 02-25-2019 at 09:18 AM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue
    I think almost all the wings need some amount of sanding to get everything to line up better. Only one that's perfect is the full carbon PTG wing... you'll pay over $2k for that.

You can still order from MAshaw. Response I got from them when emailing them:

We can make the LTW wing in one week.
    It is in FRP fiberglass.
    Price is $750.00

Not sure it's really worth it if it's fiberglass just like the wing I ordered... I've seen some pictures and seen comments on MAShaw wing having similar fitment quirks. If they did a full carbon wing for $750 (not fiberglass with carbon layer as venier). Then I think it'd be worth $750 for sure.
    That's perfectly fair. I'm 100% unfamiliar with fiberglass, in fact this is the first time I've ordered any kind of a replica part so this is all new to me.
    I always though Mashaw was made out of plastic ABS plastic, not FRP fiberglass. If it's the same materials then you're right I'd rather save the extra $500 and keep the ebay replica I got now. I am super happy with the wing though despite the fitment quirks.

Just out of curiosity, which email address did you use to contact them? I've emailed them in the past and never heard back, same thing with Abraham's
    Last edited by RuhRohh; 02-25-2019 at 11:06 AM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhRohh View Post
    That's perfectly fair. I'm 100% unfamiliar with fiberglass, in fact this is the first time I've ordered any kind of a replica part so this is all new to me.
    I always though Mashaw was made out of plastic ABS plastic, not FRP fiberglass. If it's the same materials then you're right I'd rather save the extra $500 and keep the ebay replica I got now. I am super happy with the wing though despite the fitment quirks.

Just out of curiosity, which email address did you use to contact them? I've emailed them in the past and never heard back, same thing with Abraham's
    Oh yeah, this is my first replica LTW wing as well. Although I did see the 'PTG' carbon wing and it's perfect.

The 'poland made replica' I never really talked to them. Just bought on ebay and it came in like almost 4 weeks later.

To contact MAShaw this email is listed on their website and that's how they replied to me mashaw99@earthlink.net, Michael Shaw responded to me. I really thought the MAShaw used to be made out of carbon, but that may be my misunderstanding.

There used to be a quality carbon LTW wing on ebay a few years back (some shown on this thread), but I haven't seen any on ebay for a while.

My Cars
    e36
    I would call MAShaw. He’s pretty old and I don’t picture him checking his email frequently. He is very friendly on the phone.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue
    I would call MAShaw. He’s pretty old and I don’t picture him checking his email frequently. He is very friendly on the phone.
    Oh yeah, this is my first replica LTW wing as well. Although I did see the 'PTG' carbon wing and it's perfect.

The 'poland made replica' I never really talked to them. Just bought on ebay and it came in like almost 4 weeks later.

To contact MAShaw this email is listed on their website and that's how they replied to me mashaw99@earthlink.net, Michael Shaw responded to me. I really thought the MAShaw used to be made out of carbon, but that may be my misunderstanding.

There used to be a quality carbon LTW wing on ebay a few years back (some shown on this thread), but I haven't seen any on ebay for a while.
    Haha that's the same email I used. But would make sense if he's not frequently checking emails. I guess I'm going to get a "better rep" I'll have to wait out for a used Abraham's to pop up for sale.

My Cars
    95 s/cM3,93 332is turbo,96 chevy dually, 73 camaro
    I picked up the Poland ltw to use on my M3/4. I won’t be installing it. Looks to be maybe a 1/2 inch too narrow. Just a heads up for others with a 4 door considering this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Any euro guys here? Where did you buy your wing?
    Thinking about this one:
    http://tuningfiber.com/product/bmw-e...-gt-m-technik/
    Looks almost perfect and base is pretty thin.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest View Post
    I picked up the Poland ltw to use on my M3/4. I won’t be installing it. Looks to be maybe a 1/2 inch too narrow. Just a heads up for others with a 4 door considering this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1/2" too narrow? you mean when it sits on the trunk deck?
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast