Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HPDE Brake Pads

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Wow, just went to the fcpeuro site and it's true. Gonna grab some rotors and pads as well.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by 5speed300 View Post
    Wow, just went to the fcpeuro site and it's true. Gonna grab some rotors and pads as well.
    Try and beat me to it!

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    I dunno man, i think you're taking advantage just a bit there. Keep that up and they'll end the policy.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    I dunno man, i think you're taking advantage just a bit there. Keep that up and they'll end the policy.
    It strangely says in their policy about track car use? Might be good for business since I am certain to only use FCP for all MY parts if that is the case!

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Well shit. It even says brake pads used on track. That's insane.

Too bad they don't sell tires! (like mentioned in their FAQ)

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Well shit. It even says brake pads used on track. That's insane.

Too bad they don't sell tires! (like mentioned in their FAQ)
    I know. Blows my mind and changes the game!

My Cars
    E36 M, E32 740i/6, 997 S
    The reality is that so few people are ever going to come looking for replacement parts that I'm sure it works out fine for them. I can't imagine I will ever have to replace most of the parts I've purchased from them for the remainder of my ownership. I can see them excluding certain parts from the policy in the future though.

My Cars
    Thanks for that - I buy from FCP all the time - better get a set of DTC-70s before they change their minds!
    2002 BMW M Roaster.
    1998 BMW 328is SCCA E Production road racer.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by CoMZ302 View Post
    Thanks for that - I buy from FCP all the time - better get a set of DTC-70s before they change their minds!
    Think it was only dtc60s.... i better check again.

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5
    So for about $750 I can have

-brembo blanks x4
    -dtc-60 f&r
    -redline 5w40 engine oil

replaced for life?

waaaat? im pissed i didnt know sooner!

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    The FCP replacements do sound pretty sweet, but you do have to consider the fact that you have to remove the pads/rotors to send them back to FCP and wait for replacements. Unless you do something weird and buy two sets of everything...and swap them back and forth...or something...

My Cars
    335i
    anyone looking, I have a set of E36 M3 R4 pads for sale, $120 shipped, brand new in the box

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    PFC08s are continuing to not cut it. It was about 85F and sunny this past weekend and i could only get 4-5 laps before they'd fade and i have have to dial it back for a lap. 2-3 times a session i'd blow a turn because they failed to stop. I think i need to either add some ducting or switch back to Hawk DTC-60s. I do like the feel of the PFC08s and i also kind of like their better modulation and lesser initial bite. I think it forces me to carry more speed through turns. ha. I'm going to look into ducting i think.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    PFC08s are continuing to not cut it. It was about 85F and sunny this past weekend and i could only get 4-5 laps before they'd fade and i have have to dial it back for a lap. 2-3 times a session i'd blow a turn because they failed to stop. I think i need to either add some ducting or switch back to Hawk DTC-60s. I do like the feel of the PFC08s and i also kind of like their better modulation and lesser initial bite. I think it forces me to carry more speed through turns. ha. I'm going to look into ducting i think.
    That's crazy, I've never had issues with fade out of the 08's, hell the more heat you get in them the harder they brake...for me at least. The only issue I ever had was using them too much and not hard enough and would leave some deposits on the rotors. No ducting on mine, did get rid of the stock rotor backing plates if that makes a difference.
    1995 M3...Screwed

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    That is weird. I also don't have stock backing plates. I can't find a ton of info/complaints about fade with them. I don't know what else to think though. Pedal stays firm, no ABS engagement. No issues with deposits or vibrations. Rotors looks good, smooth. Its as if i had grease on the rotors or something, just way reduced braking friction/force. Never had the issue with the Hawks. The issue happens running NT01s which i also ran with the Hawks without issue. Also of course happens on R1-Ss, but i never ran them with the Hawks.

If i back off for just a couple braking zones/turns, they come right back.

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3/2/5
    That is weird. I also don't have stock backing plates. I can't find a ton of info/complaints about fade with them. I don't know what else to think though. Pedal stays firm, no ABS engagement. No issues with deposits or vibrations. Rotors looks good, smooth. Its as if i had grease on the rotors or something, just way reduced braking friction/force. Never had the issue with the Hawks. The issue happens running NT01s which i also ran with the Hawks without issue. Also of course happens on R1-Ss, but i never ran them with the Hawks.

If i back off for just a couple braking zones/turns, they come right back.
    You mention no ABS engagement, how is that a product of the pad? Isn't more related to the driver?

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by mindspin311 View Post
    You mention no ABS engagement, how is that a product of the pad? Isn't more related to the driver?
    Its a product of no braking force!

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is

Its a product of no braking force!
    I must say if it was me, i would sell them and buy another set of dtc's. This is counter from all my experiences with PFC product, but maybe you can threshold brake better than the rest of us!

Cooling ducts blow if you like to turn more than 30 degrees off center. Just something else i have to check/maintain. Would also consider a paint pen to mark the calipers to check temp ranges you are hitting....

My Cars
    4x4
    Pagid RS-4-4

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    I use PFC Z Rated pads on my e36M and they do street/autocross/HPDE duties. Great performance for the price, no noise, middle of the road dust, great performance. Don't forget to bleed your brake fluid every year if you're doing these schools.
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    2002, e30 M3, 535
    Quote Originally Posted by QtheGenius View Post
    Don't forget to bleed your brake fluid every year if you're doing these schools.
    I might even suggest before every event. ;-)

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jab31169 View Post
    That's crazy, I've never had issues with fade out of the 08's, hell the more heat you get in them the harder they brake...for me at least. The only issue I ever had was using them too much and not hard enough and would leave some deposits on the rotors. No ducting on mine, did get rid of the stock rotor backing plates if that makes a difference.
    Smearing deposits on the rotors is a sign of overtemping the pad. Some pad compounds smear deposits more than others, but if it happens - definitely a sign you were right up on the upper upper end of the operating range or slightly beyond it.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Def View Post
    Smearing deposits on the rotors is a sign of overtemping the pad. Some pad compounds smear deposits more than others, but if it happens - definitely a sign you were right up on the upper upper end of the operating range or slightly beyond it.
    Im sure I was, it was my first event in the car with those brakes and in the heavy braking zones I was using like 60% of the brakes from way out and then trying to apply another 30% as I got closer as opposed to getting in closer and using 95% of the brakes and getting back off them.
    1995 M3...Screwed

My Cars
    bmw 330
    .....were replaced SS front lines, switch from type200 to SRF fluid,.....
    How often do you have to change the SRF brake fluid ?

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by BryDog View Post
    How often do you have to change the SRF brake fluid ?
    This is my first year running it, but from what i gather, it should last all year. It has a very high wet boiling point so can deal with some moisture absorption. I have three weekends on it so far and nothing has changed pedal feel or performance wise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast