Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ►APEX |Redesigned and Reinforced Wheel Studs

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

►APEX |Redesigned and Reinforced Wheel Studs

Thread closed. Please see our updated Wheel Hardware Thread.
    Last edited by Eddy@ApexRaceParts; 12-29-2020 at 06:32 PM.

My Cars
    1998 318ti
    Will the studs and lug nuts work with my wheels that have a tapered hole that is designed to accept the OEM lug bolt?

My Cars
    1998 318ti
    I see they will now never mind

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    All orders have been processed and shipped. We appreciate your support!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Any way to get these without lug nuts for cheaper? I have a set of 12x1.5 lugs already.

Also any way to do 10 90mm and 10 75mm? I run wider spacers in the front but don't need them in the rear so having that much extra stud wouldn't be necessary. Basically I'd like 10 75mm studs and 10 90mm studs. Let me know if that's possible.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by pDubs View Post
    Any way to get these without lug nuts for cheaper? I have a set of 12x1.5 lugs already.

Also any way to do 10 90mm and 10 75mm? I run wider spacers in the front but don't need them in the rear so having that much extra stud wouldn't be necessary. Basically I'd like 10 75mm studs and 10 90mm studs. Let me know if that's possible.
    You can surely order the studs individually by calling us at 925.245.0773. The 75mm studs are $4.99 a piece, while the 90mm studs are $5.99 a piece if you'd like to purchase them individually over the phone.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenyce View Post
    Will the studs and lug nuts work with my wheels that have a tapered hole that is designed to accept the OEM lug bolt?
    Absolutely, our lug nuts are cone shaped and tapered just like the OEM Lug Bolts for 100% OEM compatibility.
    Last edited by Eddy@ApexRaceParts; 11-07-2014 at 04:55 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    How often do you guys recommend replacing wheel studs on a daily driver?

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    How often do you guys recommend replacing wheel studs on a daily driver?
    We would recommend everyone to swap out studs annually whether it is daily driven or track driven.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Do you recommend new wheel bolts annually as well? Obviously it wouldn't hurt but I'm just curious.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Do you recommend new wheel bolts annually as well? Obviously it wouldn't hurt but I'm just curious.
    We usually recommend all hardware to be replaced annually if the car sees performance use, whether they are wheel bolts or studs.

My Cars
    boosted M3's
    ***wheel stud noob disclaimer***

Is there any reason wheel studs would be less reliable or safe than OEM wheel bolts for a daily driver?

and is there any type of locking lug nut for the wheel studs?

would you torque the lug nuts to the same spec as wheel bolts?

I've seen videos of a few cars with what im assuming are the wheel studs failing or maybe the lug nuts backed off? but how common is something like this? I've always been concerned about running wheel studs because of a potential failure. do they really have to be changed each year? but wheel bolts are fine?

is there any advantage to them on a street car other than easier mounting, spacers, appearance?

Sorry for noobness..
    Last edited by ColdshotM3; 12-05-2014 at 01:01 AM.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdshotM3 View Post
    ***wheel stud noob disclaimer***

Is there any reason wheel studs would be less reliable or safe than OEM wheel bolts for a daily driver?

and is there any type of locking lug nut for the wheel studs?

would you torque the lug nuts to the same spec as wheel bolts?

I've seen videos of a few cars with what im assuming are the wheel studs failing or maybe the lug nuts backed off? but how common is something like this? I've always been concerned about running wheel studs because of a potential failure. do they really have to be changed each year? but wheel bolts are fine?

is there any advantage to them on a street car other than easier mounting, spacers, appearance?

Sorry for noobness..
    Wheel studs are equally as reliable as the OEM wheel lug bolts for a daily driver as well as it is torqued properly and replaced annually as a consumable. There are open ended locking nuts out on the market, though we do not have any ourselves. You are correct that the lug nuts would be torqued to the same 88 ft-lbs as the OEM wheel lug bolts. Studs that have failed are usually due to age where the metal has stretched and fatigued over the exposure of heat over time, which is why we recommend an annual replacement, and does not happen often. Lug nuts that have failed are usually over-torqued or under-torqued. You named the advantages of the studs in your last sentence, it makes for easier swapping of wheels, easy to change out spacer sizes, and many prefer the performance look of studs.

My Cars
    Chariot
    Any group buys happening soon? Do you have the option of purchasing both 75 and 90mm studs/nuts (5 of each) on your website?
    Last edited by Eurospec; 03-12-2015 at 01:38 AM.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    We recently wrapped up our 18" and 19" group buys however we have not had a group buy for wheel hardware at this point. Although our website still has all stud kits available, our recent changes to the website includes support, for all of our stud kit options, from 4-lug to 5-lug, 75mm and 90mm and black lug nuts or silver. Each kit qaulifies for free shipping in the lower 48 states of the U.S.

Written by Kyle on behalf of Eddy P.
    Last edited by Eddy@ApexRaceParts; 04-08-2015 at 12:39 PM.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    For those of you with a Hex Head stud kit, this video will show you just how to install your stud kit.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    For those of you with a Hex Head stud kit, this video will show you just how to install your stud kit.

My Cars
    4.8i E70; 1JZ E46
    Hey Eddy, how much for just the 90mm bullet studs (5 lug)? I already have a nice set of open-end Muteki lug nuts. I'd like to upgrade to your studs from my current Turner 90mm all-thread studs (no nose).

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase R View Post
    Hey Eddy, how much for just the 90mm bullet studs (5 lug)? I already have a nice set of open-end Muteki lug nuts. I'd like to upgrade to your studs from my current Turner 90mm all-thread studs (no nose).
    The 90mm studs are $5.99/ piece, so a set of 20 studs would come out to be $119.80 + shipping. You can purchase the studs here.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    For any questions feel free to call or send us an email!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    For any questions on just how tough our studs are, shoot us a PM or email us today!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    For any questions feel free to contact us!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

We have stud conversion kits available in both the 90mm and 75mm lengths. Feel free to contact us via phone or email with any questions!

My Cars
    2017 BMW 3series wagon
    Just as a general question, what is it with the Germans and bolts. Everything from my VW Beetles and Jetta, Audi and three Beemers have used them.
    Where did the practice arise?
    Dan

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by traindan View Post
    Just as a general question, what is it with the Germans and bolts. Everything from my VW Beetles and Jetta, Audi and three Beemers have used them.
    Where did the practice arise?
    Dan
    Hard to say for sure, but it's certainly easier to replace a damaged/rusted bolt than an OE-style pressed-in stud. On the other hand, studs make installing wheels drastically easier.

--Dylan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast