Thread: Luxe Autohaus in Portland

My Cars
    03 CB M5

Question Luxe Autohaus in Portland

Anyone have any experience with this dealership? They brand themselves as a different kind of used car dealership, and they seem to have great reviews online. I've sent them a couple of emails inquiring about a vehicle, but they can't seem to give me the time of day.

Thanks for any input.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by GA E39 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this dealership? They brand themselves as a different kind of used car dealership, and they seem to have great reviews online. I've sent them a couple of emails inquiring about a vehicle, but they can't seem to give me the time of day.

Thanks for any input.
    I've been in there before. Their prices seem a bit high, but they try to offer very clean examples of used euro cars. All the cars are inside. I believe they try to be a 'no pressure' type place.

Maybe give 'em a call?
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    03 CB M5
    Yeah, that's the common sense thing to do. Just seems a little strange that in this day and age of electronic communication to get no response.

Are they the straight shooters they portray themselves as? Apparently there's some kind of online spat about biased reviewers who may be working for Freeman Motors.

I appreciate your input.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    If you're going to check out Luxe, might as well throw an eye on Speed Sports LLC too. Matt is a pretty good guy, and answers all electronic communication. He's not priced too bad, myself and a few co-workers have bought from him.

Just try to avoid Dennis, I get a bad vibe from him.
    Last edited by Desvio; 12-20-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter S. Thompson

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    I dunno that place is extremely overpriced. They had a 95 m3 with 68k mostly stock for $22,300. That's just unreal.

My Cars
    03 CB M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Desvio View Post
    If you're going to check out Luxe, might as well throw an eye on Speed Sports LLC too. Matt is a pretty good guy, and answers all electronic communication. He's not priced too bad, myself and a few co-workers have bought from him.
    Thanks, Desvio. SS looks like a nice place, but they aren't listing any M5s.

I did call Luxe and got Tim who is one of the owners. Seemed like a real nice guy. He explained that they're OK with PPIs of their vehicles as long as the shop's within 5 mi. He even referred me to Freeman Motor since they just sold the M5 I was interested in, figured he might help both of us (FM and me) out if he didn't happen to have what I was looking for! How about that?

Anyway, Luxe seems like the real thing.

My Cars
    M235i
    Nice people and low pressure at Luxe. A guy let me drive a euro SMG M3 a couple years ago when I told him I had no intention of buying it, I just hadn't driven an SMG... Dunno about FM. Visited them about 5 years ago and all their cars were rough and higher mileage, don't know if they have changed their ways.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by GA E39 View Post
    Thanks, Desvio. SS looks like a nice place, but they aren't listing any M5s.
    If you have time on your hands, and don't have one lined up, they do find cars. They primarily would like to carry higher end luxury/performance cars, they do take orders.

But I hear from a few friends that Freeman also comes well referred, so I would definitely include them on the list.

Spent a little time looking through Luxe, and they seem a little high priced, but that is without know how much they stand behind what they are selling you.
    Last edited by Desvio; 12-20-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter S. Thompson

My Cars
    03 CB M5
    Thanks. It was the only one they had. He said that the ones turning up at auction are increasingly abused and so they don't get too many of them.

Enthusiast Auto sells all sorts of well-sorted Bimmers including Ms but at a premium. It may come to that for me. After a while, the fun of looking starts to wear off.

My Cars
    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1
    Freeman was very pleasant to my Wife and I when we were looking. They were a bit high priced though (IMHO) but had some good cars. We ended up buying a new A3 from Sunset instead..