Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    03 Tahoe Z71/03 Camry
    This thread makes my heart hurt
    -Ken

My Cars
    911 GT3, E30 M3
    I ordered my MA Shaw CF wing from Mod Bargins over 3 weeks ago....
    The wing is in stock, boxed up, and STILL has not shipped.

Im getting ready to cancel my order and jump on this group buy!
    [B]
    [center]

My Cars
    This is a pic of mine..i may change it at some point though its a bit high for my car.

My Cars
    1995 M3 luxury edition
    bimmer325i......that is not a LTW wing, maybe you should look at the pics again, only every single car in this thread has the same spoiler with only the minor difference of risers.....and your right, it is too high for the car. buy my stock m3 contoured spoiler so i can install my LTW....

Watch me spin a road sign!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sO3krpFDnA

My Cars
    99 M3
    Beware when buying products with no pics. Guy claimed to be selling an MaShaw LTW Rep and sent a 2pc ebay rep instead.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1610820

My Cars
    "stock" 95 M3, 97 318ti
    Any photos of AW coupes?
    -Brandon

My Cars
    911 GT3, E30 M3
    I thought I would provide some pictures of an authentic MA Shaw wing.
    I spoke with the owner in length, and he seems to be a really cool guy.
    Said their wing is molded directly from a ///Motorsport LTW wing.

I ordered mine from Modbargins for 750.00 plus shipping.
    It ended up being around 840.00 to my door.

very well packed

Initial impressions:
    Its obvious that these guys make stuff for all go, and no show.
    It is not the perfect carbon fiber finish you see coming out of China, and anyone that wants to install this on their "show" car will want to sand it down and clear coat it.

Test fitting:

As some have mentioned, there is some gap between the riser blocks.

Someone suggested using some Loctite on the bolts.
    I havent done this yet, as I will be taking the entire wing apart to when I paint my car. I will leave part of the CF exposed, and paint the rest of it Inka Orange

and finally, the finished product:

Bitches and gripes:
    It would be nice if MA Shaw would spend an extra hour on the finish.
    At 800 bucks, this thing isnt exactly cheap!

It took me about 2 hours to install this wing.
    1.5hours were spent working my way through about 4 different ways to mark my holes. (*ok ok, so im slow....)
    I ended up making myself a template out of cardboard.
    I would like to see MA Shaw supply a template for installation.
    Had that been provided, I could have installed this thing in about 20 minutes!
    [B]
    [center]

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Mashaw was the only one I used to recommend (other than OE), but I gotta say it has been dethroned by the one BMWE34M5 sells.

Finish work was never a priority to Mashaw since it wasn't really made for show, but ever since they changed the base mold it just looks like every other replica now...
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerFreak View Post

Bitches and gripes:
    It would be nice if MA Shaw would spend an extra hour on the finish.
    At 800 bucks, this thing isnt exactly cheap!

It took me about 2 hours to install this wing.
    1.5hours were spent working my way through about 4 different ways to mark my holes. (*ok ok, so im slow....)
    I ended up making myself a template out of cardboard.
    I would like to see MA Shaw supply a template for installation.
    Had that been provided, I could have installed this thing in about 20 minutes!
    WOW! VERY COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW!! This is exactly what I was planning to get from this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvit27 View Post
    Mashaw was the only one I used to recommend (other than OE), but I gotta say it has been dethroned by the one BMWE34M5 sells.

Finish work was never a priority to Mashaw since it wasn't really made for show, but ever since they changed the base mold it just looks like every other replica now...
    Any idea why would mike swap from a great mold to a shitty one?

p.s. love the new sig pic! LOL
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    "stock" 95 M3, 97 318ti
    Bimmerfreak. That looks incredible. How's the fitment?
    -Brandon

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Im glad I came across this thread. I have been looking for a wing for a few years now to go with my OEM front splitter.

I found the wing from Abrahams Motorsport and looking at all of these pictures of happy customers and the wing fitting and looking sweet made me pull the trigger. I paid $550 I think. I just want to have what I paid for, but right now I have a very large paper weight.

I have the wing now and have been in contact with Mel several times. My wing will not bolt together in the high position and with flexing it I can sort of get the wing together in the low position. I was told by Mel that they are all like this and that he would not be getting any more in stock to exchange mine for a working one.

I found this thread and to my surprise he is having a group buy on a bunch of new wings.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWE34M5 View Post
    It's a go.
    E-mail me or PM me to be added to the list.
    Shipping will be 4-6 weeks.
    Again, our wings are made of hard Polyurethane, not fibreglass, thus no sagging.
    Even the carbon fibre wing is made of fibreglass with a thin layer of carbon fibre.

Now I am not knocking Mel because he did send me two new risers that fit closer than the first risers I got (I do have to send the second set of risers back). But the wing still will not bolt together. I have been told by Mel that the wing is fixable by a good body shop. I have been looking for a body shop since I bought it in November of 2010. No one will touch it because they think they will destroy it in trying to fix it. Also I was sold a wing that was supposed to work from the vendor. I shouldnt have to pay some body shop extra money to make the wing work. The only option I have been given by Mel is a full refund because he wasnt getting any more wings in and even if he did he did not want to send me a working one.

What should I do? The pictures I was sent of the wing I bought were of the whole thing assembled and clearly working. Its not my wing though. Its the same pictures in every one of his threads of it for sale.

All I want is a working wing that I can go have painted and mount up and be a happy customer Is that too much to ask?

I can post pictures of my paper weight wing if anyone wants to see how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FastAlpine View Post
    I got my LTW replica wing from a vendor on this site. BMWE35M5 is the member name. I had it painted and installed by a local body shop.. they said it was fairly easy.

I just want a functioning High/Low wing like I was sold. It seems too much to ask.

I like it and it has removable risers just like factory.

Quote Originally Posted by E36Bimmer93 View Post
    I got mine from the vendor in the group buy section (BMWE35M5). Great product. I've never dealt w/ any ebay replicas but his seem to be alot better quality

I bought this same wing and mine fits nothing close to as well as these two wings.

Did the body shops that painted these wings have to redo all of the hardware in the foam to make them work or did they work out of the box?
    Last edited by 3literheater; 04-09-2011 at 04:43 AM.

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Interesting, I just bought mine from BMWE34M5 as well about two weeks ago. He hadn't posted anything new about these wings since December at the time but I decided to PM him anyway after reading this thread. Well, he happened to have one left in stock so I snatched it up. Maybe that's what triggered this newest group buy?

Anyway, after seeing it in person and test assembling it my thoughts are about the same as yours, though I don't think mine is quite as bad?

Fit and finish is mediocre at best. Aside from the primered finish being quite rough in spots, the dimensions aren't symmetrically perfect in certain areas from one end of the wing to the other. And most of the holes don't line up perfectly either. Like you said the whole thing could probably be "forced" into position for the most part as I've gotten mine half-assed put together in the high position, but it looks like certain areas may need to be shaved to shape and some of the holes bored out or something in order to really get it all to line up and fit the way it's supposed to.

Also as a side note, these things are made in Italy by Lester. > www.lester.it
    I'm sure a bunch of you have wondered where BMWE34M5 sources these things from if not the far east orient, as have I, and I have yet to see this posted anywhere else on this forum, or the internets for that matter... so there you go.
    Last edited by paul9325; 04-09-2011 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Grammar. ¬_¬

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    I wish I could force mine together into the high position. Its just not going to happen.

I can only force it together in the low position.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Yeah. I can confirm though that these wings definitely don't sag in the middle, lol. Rather, they have a really nice upward arch when fully bolted together, as opposed to the mashaw ones looking like they're truly flat.

I just wish the asian guys on ebay could make theirs arch up like these. :/

My Cars
    911 GT3, E30 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    Bimmerfreak. That looks incredible. How's the fitment?
    Fitment is decent, and once I spend some time sanding on the riser blocks, I think I can get it fully sorted out.

Again, I spent most of my mounting time measuring and making a template.
    I only spent 20-30 minutes drilling and mounting of the wing, so I will now go back and spend some time fine tuning the fitment between the pieces.

Overall, I am very happy with the MA Shaw, and after reading some of the "concerns" over the one from Abrahams Motorsport, I have zero regrets.
    [B]
    [center]

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul9325 View Post
    Interesting, I just bought mine from BMWE34M5 as well about two weeks ago. He hadn't posted anything new about these wings since December at the time but I decided to PM him anyway after reading this thread. Well, he happened to have one left in stock so I snatched it up. Maybe that's what triggered this newest group buy?

Anyway, after seeing it in person and test assembling it my thoughts are about the same as yours, though I don't think mine is quite as bad?

Fit and finish is mediocre at best. Aside from the primered finish being quite rough in spots, the dimensions aren't symmetrically perfect in certain areas from one end of the wing to the other. And most of the holes don't line up perfectly either. Like you said the whole thing could probably be "forced" into position for the most part as I've gotten mine half-assed put together in the high position, but it looks like certain areas may need to be shaved to shape and some of the holes bored out or something in order to really get it all to line up and fit the way it's supposed to.

Also as a side note, these things are made in Italy by Lester. > www.lester.it
    I'm sure a bunch of you have wondered where BMWE34M5 sources these things from if not the far east orient, as have I, and I have yet to see this posted anywhere else on this forum, or the internets for that matter... so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post
    I wish I could force mine together into the high position. Its just not going to happen.

I can only force it together in the low position.

wow, I had no idea there were these issues. Please post photos so we can add the info to those looking to buy.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    I will say it again for a rep buy MA shaw (if you dont care about sag and an exact rep buy ebay) BUT if i did it all over again i would just wait and buy OEM for another few hundred.

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    The MA Shaw rep isnt that good either. If you are only looking for a high wing its not bad.

My Cars
    E36, W205, S14
    I hate LTW wings

My Cars
    72 2002tii, 87 300 SDL, 91 M5, 95 M3 LTW
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer325i View Post
    This is a pic of mine..i may change it at some point though its a bit high for my car.

Downright awful.
    WANTED: 18" BBS RCj's

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    I have put my MA shaw right next to my friends OEM wing and the only two things that are different is the inside holes on the riser. MA shaw didnt put them in for some reason or another.

I even pulled out a measuring tape and they really are the exact same wing.

The other being the capability to change from low to high. I didnt care about this but some people do so it is an issue.
    Last edited by elliott95; 04-10-2011 at 02:28 AM.

My Cars
    2004 X3; 1996 M3; 1985 JDM Nissan Pulsar
    Those guys that are posting pics of said MA Shaw wings are posting replicas. Mike hasn't changed the mold, and his finish is pretty good. You can tell by the sharpness at that tips of the spoilers. Everything fits right on the Authentic MAShaw LTW wings.

You guys were ripped off from MODBargains and whoever is trying to sell the "MA" spoilers. Buy it from them directly and you'll see the major difference.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite View Post
    Those guys that are posting pics of said MA Shaw wings are posting replicas. Mike hasn't changed the mold, and his finish is pretty good. You can tell by the sharpness at that tips of the spoilers. Everything fits right on the Authentic MAShaw LTW wings.

You guys were ripped off from MODBargains and whoever is trying to sell the "MA" spoilers. Buy it from them directly and you'll see the major difference.
    1995 ///M3 Cosmos Black/Anthracite M-Cross/Amaretta

My Cars
    911 GT3, E30 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite View Post

I can't speak for the other MA Shaw wings posted in this thread, but I can assure you that MINE was ordered from Modbargins, and shipped directly from MA Shaw
    I called and spoke with Mike in great length about the wing, and he confirmed he had my order pending from Modbargins, and would shipping it directly to me.

I realize that some of the members are the 2nd or 3rd owners of their MA Shaw wing, so it's hard to be 100% certain what they actually have.

I, on the other hand am the first and only owner, and know for a fact that it came from MA Shaw.

...oh yeah, and the finish is far from "pretty good"
    [B]
    [center]

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon

Unhappy

Ok so here are the pictures I was sent of my wing prior to purchasing.

You can clearly see everything is bolted together correctly and it looks very nice.

Now here are the pictures of the wing I actually received. Keep in mind I did not even try to bolt on the bottom portion as the holes have no chance in lining up.

In these two pictures you can sort of see that the hardware holes in the wing do not line up with the riser blocks. One is nearly on center and the other is a half hole off. The one that is on center has issues once you start threading the bolt in the hole. It is a the wrong angle.

Here is the drivers side of the wing with both bolts in but without washers. It cannot be assembled with the supplied washers.

Here is the passenger side. It can only have one bolt in the riser block at a time because there is no way to get both of them in at the same time.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast