Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 5spd trans., pedal assy. etc (+)

My Cars
    00' ///M Roadster, 92' VW GTI 8V

WTB: 5spd trans., pedal assy. etc (+)

Hey folks, well I've decided to jump in and convert my auto. equipped e36 to a manual. Does anyone know of a good place to purchase a transmission, pedal assy, crossmember, and flywheel? I figure I could buy the master/slave cylinders as well as hardware from Pacific or Circle BMW brand new. But the other items I'm willing to buy used.

I know alot of people are gonna flame me for this but I've put too much $$$ into the car just to trade it for a manual. As well I've grown attached to it.

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    E39 M5

Re: WTB: 5spd trans., pedal assy. etc (+)

Originally posted by ALDOGG
    Hey folks, well I've decided to jump in and convert my auto. equipped e36 to a manual. Does anyone know of a good place to purchase a transmission, pedal assy, crossmember, and flywheel? I figure I could buy the master/slave cylinders as well as hardware from Pacific or Circle BMW brand new. But the other items I'm willing to buy used.

I know alot of people are gonna flame me for this but I've put too much $$$ into the car just to trade it for a manual. As well I've grown attached to it.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi ALDOGG,

Go to www.zionsvilleautosport.com and talk to Jason Lille the owner.

He has a complete and cost effective conversion kit.

Good luck

Please consider changing your name, people might get us confused, see attached pic.
    Cheers

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    I've have a used 5speed tranny out of my 96 M3. It includes cross member, shift linkage, drive shaft, flywheel & clutch. 40k miles on tranny. Make me an offer if you are interested.

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Originally posted by BP SCM3
    I've have a used 5speed tranny out of my 96 M3. It includes cross member, shift linkage, drive shaft, flywheel & clutch. 40k miles on tranny. Make me an offer if you are interested.
    where are you located? It would cost me alot to ship..

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    Originally posted by deezbmw

where are you located? It would cost me alot to ship..
    I am located in Kansas City.

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    You had any offers on it yet?

How about a ballpark figure!?

My Cars
    00' ///M Roadster, 92' VW GTI 8V

Hey BP SCM3!

I'm interested in your tranny set up! Please email me offline :
    aspasion01@aol.com

Thanks!

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    deezbmw

ALDOGG sold his car and does not need my tranny.
    Let me know if you are still interested.

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    How much was he going to give you for it?

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    We never negotiated a price, but I was going to sell the tranny, cross member, shift linkage, drive shaft, flywheel & clutch all for $750 plus shipping.

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    We never negotiated a price, but I was going to sell the tranny, cross member, shift linkage, drive shaft, flywheel & clutch all for $750 plus shipping.
    Now do you know if this will fit with the 2.5 or do I have to get the M motor too? What about the ECU, does that have to changed? Tranny computer? Sounds like a very good price though.

My Cars
    2013 335i xdrive msport
    I'll take it!............damn, maybe in two months? Please hold it
    ~Chris

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3

Now do you know if this will fit with the 2.5 or do I have to get the M motor too? What about the ECU, does that have to changed? Tranny computer? Sounds like a very good price though.
    The tranny will work only if you use all my parts. The M3 tranny will bolt up to your motor. The over all length of both the M3 tranny drive shaft is the same as yours but the individual lengths of the tranny and drive shaft are different. (does that make sense) You don't need to modify the ECU.

deez

750-you shoulf buy this!

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750

The tranny will work only if you use all my parts. The M3 tranny will bolt up to your motor. The over all length of both the M3 tranny drive shaft is the same as yours but the individual lengths of the tranny and drive shaft are different. (does that make sense) You don't need to modify the ECU.
    Just one question before I decide. Why are you gettin rid of it? Was it out of a wreck? Thanks

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    I installed a 6-speed tranny and a 3:73 gears.

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    OK makes sense, thats all I needed to know. I will let you know tomorrow, I have to check with the mechanic that says he would like to do the conversion. If he says no then I'm shit out of luck. Unless you know a good place to get it done in Michigan or close to. Thanks again.

My Cars
    6.0 Z3, E36 & F80 M3
    OK makes sense, thats all I needed to know. I will let you know tomorrow, I have to check with the mechanic that says he would like to do the conversion. If he says no then I'm shit out of luck. Unless you know a good place to get it done in Michigan or close to. Thanks again.
    deezbmw

Did you hear back from your mechanic? let me know what your planning to do.

Thanks

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    The only thing I need to make a complete conversion is the pedal assembly correct? My mechanic thinks it would be a good experience to do it, so I think thats all set, just kinda wondering how much the shipping is going to cost me!?!? I live in Michigan.

hey bpscm3

are you using your stock clutch onthe SC 3.73 M3??
    and deez dude, were in saugatuck right now, leavin tomorrow....we went out to grandville and the kid with the 325 raced and shit....pretty fun
    Dax

Lponced@engin.umich.edu

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    If you want to stick around tomorrow afternoon (Monday) there is a day at the track in Gratton here. You can run your car around the track and get your times and shit. Goin on all day Monday. I am going to look at an M3 today!!! My car is at the shop right now, blew out the fuckin waterpump!! : Call me on my cell!!

deez

id ont htink we knew your cell, but we already left....we're back home now, later

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Well that sucks, when were you here? What day did you go to the lot at Rogers Plaza? You all drive your cars up?

I just got back from driving a 95 M3. White on Black. Never been in an accident, never driven in the winter, all service records from when it was brand new, never been raced, never modded, all OEM parts on it, everything is original. I am going to look into it on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get it, if not I am going from the bank to buy a bike. Later

hey

you mean goin from the bank to buy dax's bike??

gonna be tough....2 peeps from in town here wanna look at it today or tomorroe and some others are interested.....

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Well I found a nice R6 here in town thats already jetted and piped so I would proly buy that one. I can't bring it home so I would have to keep it at a buddys house, and I have one that lives right by the place thats selling it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast