Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Poly Control Arm Bushing Group Buy

My Cars
    e61
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNeek View Post
    Today's Progress:
    Just so you guys don't think I'm screwing around when I go into the shop. For those that can't count there are 12 sets in that box. 6 are going to the folks that have already pre-paid, and the other 6 will be offered to others.
    I'm thinking that the bushings will be in the 80 to 90 dollar range per set, not including shipping.
    I *think* I might be in the second six and I am fine with the price. Let me know.

Bruce

My Cars
    bmw
    Doesn't matter how much the cost is these bushings are REALLY' going to help me out, I just don't have a Paypal account and I still don't know when or where I need to send a money order to, to get a set of these babies?

Little help!! Been working too much lately have a 3-day weekend finally able to keep up on this thread, much appreciated thanks in advance Joe M.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    The plan as it stands now is to still work off the list. I think that it is only fair that I continue to give people the opportunity in the order in which they replied to this thread. I will not be collecting money before I make parts like I did for the first set. I'd prefer to make the bushings and then sell them, traditional style.

Those six people that have already paid: I will be honoring our original "contract" and providing the bushings at the price we agreed upon. Sort of as a reward for putting your faith in my mechanical talents, and in Josh's measurements.

I've settled on 85$ for the balance of the bushings plus shipping (to ship to josh cost about 10 dollars, plus 3 dollars for packaging fees). So we'll be close to 100 dollars to your door. Actual shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer. I can quote shipping if you provide a full address before sending money.

Just so everyone is aware Josh has said that the 95A material I used and is pictured in this thread is very stiff. Probably the best choice for a daily driven car.

I have also purchased a 36" length of 75D which is a harder material (I know the number is lower, but trust me). This will be available for those people who want to track their cars. I have not received this material because it is on backorder. I would not suggest this material for people that daily drive their cars and do not have access to a press. Because the material is harder you will need to muscle them into the control arms. Not sure about the final price of these harder units. The different material could be more difficult to machine.

Josh and I have spent a great deal of time on the phone talking about how we can make these bushings universal. I am increasing the OD of the shoulder 10 thou and will be cutting a chamfer on the leading edge of the shoulder to make them slightly easier to install. I will also be hand filling the leading edge of all the stainless sleeves so that they don't hang up on the poly bushings.

My Cars
    E21 320i, e39 540i/6
    spin the sleeves on a bench grinder. It took me about 20 seconds to clean them up.

'81 320i turbo | t25, 931 CIS, 240hp, 13.92@100mph | 2.2L m10 Turbo Build | My E21 Videos |

My Cars
    1982 320i
    I'm definately still in for these little babies. I think that's a great deal! I need these bushings BAD - the back and forth sway in my suspension when changing lanes on uneven surfaces is terrible.

Rob
    82 320i
    Yes, this is a cry for help...

My Cars
    various
    I'm still in, let me know where to send the check.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    Done.

Finished the last cuts on the stainless sleeves just moments ago. I didn't use a bench grinder to cut the sleeve chamfer, I used the lathe. I figured I have so much time in these things already I'd like them to look PURDY when they get to people's doors. There were a couple changes that I did because of Josh's fit so that it will a little easier for all the other folks to install the units. I'm going to clean up the parts, kit them and start shipping to the "patient prepaid six" tomorrow. The other six sets will be offered to those folks on the list.
    Last edited by TheNeek; 05-29-2008 at 12:38 PM.

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i
    Patient is right...come on hurry up! kidding. I am very excited to get these. Thanks so much for all your hard work on these!

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    PMs have been sent to:
    DrewDude320i
    Anton3
    sporkfan
    Cereal Killa
    Beam318ti

ewwmax is not setup to receive PMs so that user must reply to this thread to be included.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    Cereal Killa passed.

blitzed310 PM sent.

using this thread is getting OLD!

My Cars
    540i,329is,318is,320si,boxster
    PMs have been sent to:
    DrewDude320i
    Anton3
    sporkfan
    Cereal Killa
    Beam318ti

ewwmax is not setup to receive PMs so that user must reply to this thread to be included.
    Hello,
    I would like to be included in this round. Please send payment instructions. I will also setup my profile to receive PMs.
    Thanks

My Cars
    E21 320i, e39 540i/6
    lol, did you read the whole thread? There are about 20 people on a list in front of you. Sorry dude.

'81 320i turbo | t25, 931 CIS, 240hp, 13.92@100mph | 2.2L m10 Turbo Build | My E21 Videos |

My Cars
    540i,329is,318is,320si,boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcook320 View Post
    lol, did you read the whole thread? There are about 20 people on a list in front of you. Sorry dude.
    Actually I am responding, because I am on the list for this second round of the GB and I am agreeing to be included on it. Just was not set up to receive PM's.
    Thanks,
    ewwmax

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    beam318ti is out for now

monster man has been PMed

My Cars
    1982 320is
    I was informed that since I am so special, Neek is giving me the set he made with the most love. <3

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    Quote Originally Posted by MattE21 View Post
    I was informed that since I am so special, Neek is giving me the set he made with the most love. <3
    yeah, you might have to wipe it off before you can use it.

My Cars
    E21 320i, e39 540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by ewwmax View Post
    Actually I am responding, because I am on the list for this second round of the GB and I am agreeing to be included on it. Just was not set up to receive PM's.
    Thanks,
    ewwmax
    lol, I fail. I guess I didn't read the whole thread.

My Cars
    81 320i, 98 318ti
    I'm in for $80-90 plus s/h... Thanks Nick!

Max

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    Well as most of you have seen. I've sold all 13 sets that I initially made. Some were at cost (lucky bastids). Sorry if some of you on the list feel a little mistreated because I didn't run through the thing from beginning to end to see who was in and out. I grew tired quickly of asking people, finding out their financial situation had changed and then moved on to the next person. This process sometimes took a whole day to discover and it kept people who had already paid, from getting there materials shipped (it costs me to have a fed ex pickup). No hard feelings?

Therefore. Lesson learned. I am still more than willing to make these bushings on an "as needed basis" of six sets/people/front axles at a time or multiples of six. The flat rate of $100 bucks shipped to your door still holds in the continental US (freakin paypal STEALS $3.20 from each sale). Australia and others will be about 25 dollars more than that, but we can see about that when that situation arises. I leave it up to you guys to organize subsequent runs of these bushings. I leave it up to you guys to get 6 people together who are 100% sure they will be able to purchase the item and I will gladly turn the parts in a weeks time (barring any vacations or whatever). I'd rather take money orders or whatever, but paypal is fine.

I'm going to wait until the 13 people have received their bushings. That way if there are any glaring issues I can resolve them quickly. I'm curious to hear feedback on the items. Is anyone in a place where they will be installing them as soon as they get them?

P.S. Big John -- I'm heading to the Post office today to ship yours to Kiwi Land. I'll let you know how that goes.

My Cars
    1982 320i
    I don't have a problem with a $125. When do you want the loot and when do you think can ship?

Thanks,
    Rob
    82 320i
    Yes, this is a cry for help...

My Cars
    bmw
    Money order will be in the mail this Fri. come hell or high-water!!! Joe M.

My Cars
    82' E21 318i, 92 MB-180E

P.S. Big John -- I'm heading to the Post office today to ship yours to Kiwi Land. I'll let you know how that goes.
    EEEK nick, i hope thats a cultural understanding error you just made there. I live in Australia my man. Kiwi land is New Zealand!

Franzen
    "The most important thing is balance." - KT

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    Quote Originally Posted by rrhodes2007 View Post
    I don't have a problem with a $125. When do you want the loot and when do you think can ship?

Thanks,
    Rob
    You need about 5 other like minded individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    EEEK nick, i hope thats a cultural understanding error you just made there. I live in Australia my man. Kiwi land is New Zealand!

Franzen
    I thought about that while I was typing it. my bad. What they hell is slang for Australia then?

My Cars
    82' E21 318i, 92 MB-180E
    OZ perhaps? loll I was worried you got me confused with a new-zealander and sent bushings to NZ. *shudder*

Apologies for the lack of faith :p

Think of New-Zealand Kiwi's as fruit that you can crush under the boot of a decent Australian Rugby player. Its only a matter of time New-zealander rugby players...

heh.
    "The most important thing is balance." - KT

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Think of New-Zealand Kiwi's as fruit that you can crush under the boot of a decent Australian Rugby player. Its only a matter of time New-zealander rugby players...

heh.
    Oh snap...

Waiting for the All Blacks to knock on your door...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast