Thread: Sweet E30 M3 for sale

My Cars
    1997 Dinan Supercharged

Sweet E30 M3 for sale

Here is a sweet M3 for sale, looks like he is getting divorced and has to sell. Thats a hard way to have to sell a car!!

http://www.roadfly.org/bmw/classifie...php?view=13538
    Screw it, just add NOS!!

My Cars
    Roller Blades
    I was looking at that ad and loved it too, but can't justify the $. I've been wanting an E30 M3, but they are still soooo expensive.

My Cars
    M3
    that's way too much for one.

im looking to spend at least 5-8k for mine

My Cars
    1988 M3
    That has been around the price that good ones have been going for.

You will not find a car for 5 to 8k that is not seriously needing repairs. They are getting quite expensive, and I've even seen wrecked cars that aren't repaired sell for that much. Of course, there are those diamonds in the rough.
    Bryan K.
    1988 ///M3
    1997 E36 ///M3 Project
    Texas A&M Formula SAE

My Cars
    Pieces of 128
    A california car to boot, not that far away. I too have a hankering for an e30 M3. If he'd take a ti in trade....

Does it seem to you guys that prices have been slowly rising for decent e30 M3's?

Andy Chittum -- Lemans Karting | BTM Motorwerks NASA Spec e30 | US Touring Car | Racecarnology Blog

My Cars
    2.5L Sterling E30 M3; 1988 E28M5, 99 Accord Coupe
    That price is way too high for a 2.3L 70K e30 M3. The divorce must have messed with his head! Maybe if he was asking 15K- that would be more in-line with market prices.

For 5K to 8K - The only nice E30M3 you'll find will likely be one with a salvaged title. I'm not sure if the nice E30M3 prices are going up, but they have definitely stabilized the last couple years. But since I'm never selling my car it doesn't matter! Atleast E30M3 owners do not lose half the value of the car as they drive out the dealership as with new cars.

Has anyone seen the ad for the 2.6L E30 M3 on autotrader for 22K. If anyone has more info on this car, please let me know!!!

My Cars
    90 Crx Si 91 Civic Si
    MINE IS FOR SALE. LOCATED IN TORONTO CANADA..

$26,880.00 CAD = $19,574.16 USD

click here to see pics !

My Cars
    '97 E39
    WTF! why are you selling rob?
    Originally posted by Beau
    the turbo is the perfect garbage can....

My Cars
    97 M3
    Originally posted by MMJ4mil
    that's way too much for one.

im looking to spend at least 5-8k for mine
    No matter what condition, you will never find an e30 m3 (at least one with a motor) for 5 thousand dollars. You will also be searching a while to find one for 8k.

-tyler

My Cars
    1991 M5
    Originally posted by tylerblue
    No matter what condition, you will never find an e30 m3 (at least one with a motor) for 5 thousand dollars. You will also be searching a while to find one for 8k.

-tyler
    close, i found an alpineweiss '88 that had been rolled BAD at the track and the owner still got $6k for it

My Cars
    1997 Dinan Supercharged
    another bad ass E30

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/i...fflt=MAOL#main

he wants $16,000
    Screw it, just add NOS!!

My Cars
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
    Originally posted by ROB89M3
    MINE IS FOR SALE. LOCATED IN TORONTO CANADA..

$26,880.00 CAD = $19,574.16 USD

click here to see pics !
    WHAT?!
    am i experiencing De ja Vu?!
    i thought i stopped u from selling her before!
    ///Mooo

My Cars
    beware, scammers are lurking about:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...3378984&page=1

My Cars
    E46 M3

how much?????

Sorry guys, but after reading this, I gotta tell ya that E30 M3 prices are waaaaay unreasonable. $18K and $19K for a 14-15 year old M3??? Come on now you must be joking

I come with an E30 M3 history under my belt, while in the States. I got my brand new (white) M3 in 1990 from CREVIER BMW, in exchange of a little less than $35K. The model with the airbag...you know. Two of my friends also had a red and a black one. Yeah three M3s cruising down Highway 1, those were nice days. Anyway, in 96 I sold my spotless car for $20K with just over 60K miles on the clock. The car needed nothing but gas to run. I m so anal with my cars that the M3 received a hand of Zymol every week!!

Also consider this:

Back in 6/93, my cousin was in the market an E30 M3. I had located for him a mint, completely spotless, with just one previous onwer, beautiful metallic grey 89 example of what it must of been the best taken cared E30 M3. Perhaps even better than mine. The car was a trade-in at CREVIER BMW in Santa Ana, Orange County, CA for those who know. The miles were 54K and the asking price was $23,500, which I later negotiated down to $22,900 since I was already a client there. He ended up buying the car, which he still owns today and he's keeping it for quite a few more years.

I m not sure of blue book prices, but I think that a reasonable price for a SPOTLESS 88-89-90 M3 should be somewhere between $14K-$16K depending on the model year.

Also consider that M3 prices for Euro E30 M3s (for example in the UK) go somewhere between $10K-$12K. And those cars have 215PS. Get an issue of the English TOTAL BMW magazine and see for urself.

My Cars
    the only bmw worth having
    E30 M3s are only going up in value....regardless of what you think...

Yes they are cheaper in europe thats cause they have more of them...

But we're not in europe...so importing them is not an option
    the hater is back

My Cars
    E46 M3
    You mean to tell me that buying an E30 M3 is an investment??? : You canNOT be serious. A car is a car it's not a house and cars do not hold their value. Unless of course we re talking about a Z1 (still cheaper these days than back in 87), an M1 or a McLaren F1. But an E30 M3 is not the case, since it was NEVER a collector's car and never produced in limited numbers.

And yes importing one IS an option, I have 2 friends one in Seattle the other in NY that have imported mint M3s from Italy and the UK, after they made limited mods. :

It's true that there re less cars in the US than in Europe, but this did not seem to be the case back in 90-96 when you went to sell/trade your E30 M3. Prices back then depreciated at a normal rate and a 4-5 yr old car had already lost 30%+ of its value.

Last edited by kotsos1870; 07-02-2003 at 07:52 AM.

My Cars
    the only bmw worth having
    Originally posted by kotsos1870
    You mean to tell me that buying an E30 M3 is an investment??? : You canNOT be serious. A car is a car it's not a house and cars do not hold their value. Unless of course we re talking about a Z1 (still cheaper these days than back in 87), an M1 or a McLaren F1. But an E30 M3 is not the case, since it was NEVER a collector's car and never produced in limited numbers.

And yes importing one IS an option, I have 2 friends one in Seattle the other in NY that have imported mint M3s from Italy and the UK, after they made limited mods. :

It's true that there re less cars in the US than in Europe, but this did not seem to be the case back in 90-96 when you went to sell/trade your E30 M3. Prices back then depreciated at a normal rate and a 4-5 yr old car had already lost 30%+ of its value.
    I dont think you know what you are talking about, but...ok ...whatever you say...

What i can tell you is that i bought my e30 m3 5 years ago with 84k miles on it...and now i have 120k miles on it and i can sell it for the same price if not more...

No its not a great investment...but at least you wont lose any money on it...unlike most cars(cough...e36...cough...1995 e36 m3's selling for the same price as e30 m3's...cough)
    the hater is back

My Cars

Do you know the person in Seattle w/ an imported M3. I know a lot of the E30M3 owners, and never heard of a person who had his car federalized. If you want to pay $10K and wait a year to get a car imported legally, be my guest. But I am interested in the process.....

I am pretty sure I will be able to sell my M3 at or very close to my purchase price. The value of nice E30M3's have stabilized greatly over the last couple years. Compared to normal cars, I believe an E30M3 is a much more prudent investment (cough).

Anyways, many people in the SIG have started to get a histroric/collector status insurance on their E30M3's. It doesn't qualify a 100% as a collector car, but some insurance companies felt that the E30M3 has enough special attributes to be considered so. With less than 5,000 shipped to the U.S., and many turned into track cars or thoroughly abused, the market for E30M3s and the demand for them are different than your average run of the mill automobile. It is not a normal car in terms of valuation. For some reason from 88 to ~98, the cars depreciated as normal, but since then, they have really stabilized. I got my e30m3 after a 5 year search, and over that time, the market price of nice E30M3 never really fluctuated.

Their are also other intangibles that make the E30M3 unique that may also affect its price such as it is the winningest touring car and winningest BMW in BMW's history. Completely unique body styling compared to the standard E30. and everyone know how fun it is to drive.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    FUall> You can ask as much money as you please when time comes to sell your car and I hope you find an enthusiast to meet your asking price.

SeattleE30///M3> The guy I know lives near your area, actually in Bellevue. It's an Alpine white with 16'' MOMO 5 stars. Sweet car. Now as far as the market after 98, I could not comment since I returned to Europe in 97.

My Cars

SeattleE30///M3> The guy I know lives near your area, actually in Bellevue. It's an Alpine white with 16'' MOMO 5 stars. Sweet car. Now as far as the market after 98, I could not comment since I returned to Europe in 97.
    I am actually working in Bellevue right now. I wonder if it is the white E30 M3 I saw at Innovative Audio. Is he a car collector with a lot of cars??? then I might of seen it... I'll have to look out for the guy.

Yeah, for some reason, the market for the E30M3 really stabilized over the last 5 years. I think the car went from being loud, annoying, and boy racerish from many people's views to fun to drive, raw, and exclusive over the last several years. I don't know why it took so long to realize a good thing.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    No he's no car collector, just an true enthusiast like ourselves.

E30 M3s were always a 'God's gift' to European drivers. It never received comments like 'loud', 'annoying' or boy racerish' from well respected magazines titles. In fact to this date, the #1 greek auto magazine 'DRIVE' did a full test on all 3 M3s (E30/6/46) and they re still in love with the way the E30 handles.

They even said that they prefer it to the E36, which confuses me sometimes. There re plenty of posts on the E36 M3 forum, where people say how the E36 is such an awesome handling car and even better when compared to an E30. I miss my e30 M3!!

Anyway, how's the weather up in Seattle?? It's freaking hot over here, like 105 degrees, time to head to the beach

later
    Last edited by kotsos1870; 07-03-2003 at 11:40 AM.

My Cars
    No he's no car collector, just an true enthusiast like ourselves.

E30 M3s were always a 'God's gift' to European drivers. It never received comments like 'loud', 'annoying' or boy racerish' from well respected magazines titles. In fact to this date, the #1 greek auto magazine 'DRIVE' did a full test on all 3 M3s (E30/6/46) and they re still in love with the way the E30 handles.

They even said that they prefer it to the E36, which confuses me sometimes. There re plenty of posts on the E36 M3 forum, where people say how the E36 is such an awesome handling car and even better when compared to an E30. I miss my e30 M3!!

Anyway, how's the weather up in Seattle?? It's freaking hot over here, like 105 degrees, time to head to the beach

later

I won't get into the E30M3 vs. E36M3 debate, but they both are great cars for what they do. However, I believe the E36 M3 had a much broader market to appeal to and they designed, marketed, and sold the car in that manner. Plus, it wasn't under the same stiff homologation rules as the E30 M3.

Seattle is great. Sunny and suppose to reach 73 today. Northwest summers are so awesome

But, man, you are lucky. Those beaches in greece are sweet. THe water always looks so clear and blue. Is it as warm as it looks?? Have fun at the beach.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Believe me, I d rather be in Seatlle two out of the three summer months. I hate high temps unless I m at the beach :

I ve spent 3 yrs in Seattle and if all except the cloudiness and rain WA state is pretty nice.

And yes we have so many thousands of miles of beaches it's not even funny. Especially our islands where they attract so many tourists every year, it feels like they re going to sink

You should visit sometime, you ll have a great time guaranteed - feel free to ask for any type of advice. :

My Cars
    Thanks man! I would love to visit Greece if $ and work time allowed. I have heard that although Greece is only the fraction of the size of the U.S., its rocky and jagged geography gives Greece more beach front property than the entire U.S. Pretty crazy! If I ever make it there, I'll have a list of questions for ya. I wanna visit those crazy party islands of Greece.

This year, I think my main trip is to go to Laguna Seca Historic Races, Councours D'elegance, and Concorso Italiano in Monterey, CA. The most exotic cars i've seen in one place in my life

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Greece is about the size of WA state and the terrain is just like you said very rocky and jagged with so many beautiful waterfront cities / villages.

Only if I could get out more....it's been another crazy 12 hour working day.

keep my personal email : kotsos1870@yahoo.com it may come handy someday. You sure gotta visit some of those crazy party islands and meet some crazy Greek goddesses once in your lifetime, or at least before you settle down