Thread: Just bought 2005 530i... questions

My Cars
    Jeep

Just bought 2005 530i... questions

I just bought a 2005 530i. Love the car. Can anyone explain the process of pairing my phone with the Bluetooth feature in the car? I have a Blackberry 8830. The car's User Manual was not too helpful. I may just end up stopping at the dealer later today, but it's kind of out of the way. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 550I, 2005 Audi A6, 4.2
    ooo.. gee i remember this.. i think you cell phone has a code.. not sure but try the last 4 digits of your num... or 1234.. i believe as well the car should have a code for you to put in.. should be in the manual.. mine got done at the dealer.. but then i got another cell phone.. to be honest i dont like using it anyways.. kids in car.. nosy ears.. but try that..

My Cars
    2006 530i
    turn on idrive, scroll to communication, find bluetooth, highlight, press,turn on phone, look under settings for bluetooth, press search, it may ask you for a code that will be 0000, press enter. should pair.

hope that helps
    angelodimorte

My Cars
    2008 BMW 550I, 2005 Audi A6, 4.2
    holllaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....umm yea.. what he said.. lol..

My Cars
    06 530Xi
    ok, yeah, I've just gone thru this (I too have a "crackberry")

ok, two things to remember:

1. The code can be ANYTHING you want, as long as you input the exact same code on the phone and the iDrive when you're pairing them.

2. The trick to pairing that had me "unplugged" and riding a BT-equipped Bimmer with an earpiece. When you're done entering the code into the iDrive you have to move the iDrive knob (selector, or whatever they call it LOL) down and then press on it - this should pair you with no problems.

PS even though people say that there are problems pairing BB with BMWs, I can attest to the opposite - its the people who don't really know how to do it... mostly because the frigin' manual might as well be written in German... or Japanese for that matter LOL

anyway, hope the above helps!

My Cars
    2005 530i Sport, 2002 325 Cic, 2006 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by angelodimorte View Post
    turn on idrive, scroll to communication, find bluetooth, highlight, press,turn on phone, look under settings for bluetooth, press search, it may ask you for a code that will be 0000, press enter. should pair.

hope that helps
    angelodimorte
    HAHA... I can confirm this works, I read this post and did it in 30 seconds. Had the car 24 hours and couldn't pair the phone with it.

Thanks,
    Barry
    2002 BMW 325 Xi Wagon
    2006 BMW X3 SUV
    1997 Volvo 850 GLT sedan

2006 KTM 560 Supermoto
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 1400
    2006 KTM 525 EXC
    2004 Yamaha TTR 125

My Cars
    2005 BMW 530i
    You can enter any 4 numbers but you must remember to scroll down the "verification"line to complete the setup...for instance enter 1234 on your phone setup for blue tooth and then the same numbers on the "I" screen than go down to "verify" the codes. If you don't than no set of numbers will work.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 530i
    Hi....i have a 2005 BMW 530I withe the CCC i drive system. When you enter any 4 digits on your phone and then to the CCC system you must remember to go to the "VERIFICATION" line afterwards and push the big KNOB down. Without verifying those two numbers to the phone and car...no numbers will work. For example
    put any four numbers 0 0 0 0 in the phone bluetooth code and then the same in the car bluetooth setup and then go to the "verification" line press the KNOB and there you go. Hope it helps.