Thread: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2008 (Formula 1 Game Thread)

My Cars
    fünfer

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2008 (Formula 1 Game Thread)

2008 F1 Game Rules

You must read the rules completely before playing in the game!
    (There have been a few issues in the past but there will be no exceptions.)

*NOTE: I will not be playing in the game as to ensure fairness since I am handling everyone's picks each race.

1. How to Play: Each week you must choose the top eight finishers in order from 1 to 8 and Private Message your picks to me prior to the start of the parade lap. Your picks will remain secret until after the start of the race. If you would like to change your picks prior to the start, just submit a new PM to me.

• Your picks must be submitted prior to the parade lap of each race!
    • You may submit your picks any time, but I recommend sending them AFTER qualifying, but no later than the start of the parade lap! Any picks sent after the start of the parade lap will not be accepted. (The only exception to this rule is the weeks when the race is broadcast on tape delay.)*
    • Players cannot pick one driver for more than one finishing position (i.e. you cannot have 1. Kimi, 2. Kimi, 3. Lewis, 4. Kimi, 5. Lewis etc.).
    • Do not try to change your picks once a GP has started. This game will be run off of my computer clock once I post that no more picks will be accepted, all PMs after that point will be ignored.
    • If you do not follow the rules as they are stated, your picks will not count!

2. How Points are Awarded: Your driver picks must finish in the position you guessed them to finish in for you to score points allocated to that position.
    • For example...if you select David Coulthard to win, and he finishes 1st, you get 10 points, however, if David does not win, you get 0 points because you were wrong about his position.
    • You receive points in the same format as Formula 1:
    P1 - 10 points
    P2 – 8 points
    P3 – 6 points
    P4 – 5 points
    P5 – 4 points
    P6 – 3 points
    P7 – 2 points
    P8 – 1 point

The maximum points you can collect in a Grand Prix weekend is 39 points.

3. Weekly Award: Each week the person who scores the most points will create a "saying" that relates to Formula 1 (i.e. "Kimi is king!!!") and all those that participated that week, must put that saying into their signature.

Example:

2008 F1 Game: M3_Dust says, “Hamilton got beat last year, but in 2008 he will be champ!”
    When adding the winners "saying" to your signature it must be a color font that is readable and cannot be smaller than the standard font size on the forum.

*Negative sayings will not be considered, lets try and keep this fun and positive (i.e. no "Ferrari sucks").

4. Tie Breaker: If there is a tie then first tie breaker would be whom ever picked the highest winners (i.e. the person who got 1st and 2nd right would beat the guy the guy who got 1st, 4th and 6th right). If they are still tied after that, then it goes to who ever has the most points for the season thus far...

5. Disputes: If you is a problem with the results you have one week from the time that the results are posted in the forum to dispute them. After that time I will be deleting all of the PMs containing the picks and will no longer be able to resolve any disputes.

6. Season End Prizes: At the end of the season, I will award a prize to the overall winner (and if we collect enough donations 2nd and 3rd place finishers as well), which will be the person with the highest point total. The prize has yet to be determined, but if anyone wants to pitch in a couple of bucks I will add that to my own money to purchase an even better F1 related prize for our champion.

***New Rule***New Rule***New Rule***New Rule***New Rule***New Rule***New Rule***New Rule***New Rule***

This year I have expanded the game from its original two forums to five different forums. To help keep the game exciting I will now award a "Forum Championship."

7. Forum Championship: At the end of the season the top three scorers from every participating forum will have their scores combined to determine the Forum Championship. Whichever forum you submit your first picks from will be the forum that you score applies to at the end of the season. All three players from the top scoring forum will receive a prize as part of the Forum Championship. Even if any of the award receivers from the Forum Championship are also one of the top three overall finishers for the season they will be awarded for winning the Forum Championship as well as for finishing in the top three.

* For the weeks the race is broadcast on tape delay:
    • Most of the players will not be able to watch the race live on the weeks it is broadcast on tape delay (i.e. wont be able to see when the parade lap starts). Therefore, all players must post their picks before the time listed for the start of the race on the Official Formula 1 website (www.formula1.com) during these weeks.
    • On these weeks, I will make a post stating that the broadcast is delayed and will post the time that picks must be submitted by.

If you wish to donate to the prize pool, you can Paypal me at formula1game@gmail.com or you can send me a check, PM me for the address.

Play fair and have fun.

Any questions let me know: PM me here or post a reply to this thread.
    Nick

My Cars
    E34 540i, E36 325is, E83 X3
    Im sending my picks in early because i wont be here this weekend to even see qualifying or the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    SRSCAT is right.

My Cars
    '95 Dakar M3
    I hope you picked Alonso somewhere in there! It's his home GP so you know he's gonna be stepping it up big time. Maybe even score a point!

My Cars
    fünfer
    Dont forget to get your picks in after qualy tomorrow morning.
    Nick

My Cars
    Outlander
    Yay!! I finally remembered to get my picks in this week

My Cars
    fünfer
    about 14 hours left to get your picks in.
    Nick

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Mine are in.

My Cars
    97 328is, 97 528i, 06 530i
    mine are in too....lets go Kimi!
    --Jared

'97 328 is
    -OEM Clears all around
    -ECIS intake
    -supersprint w/ DTM tips

F1 Game 2008 mike27t from m3f.c says, “Enjoy it for now Massa. Kubica will be taking the lead in Britain”

My Cars
    fünfer
    ~ 45 minutes left to get your picks in.
    Nick

My Cars
    fünfer
    no more picks, good luck to everyone.
    Nick

My Cars
    fünfer
    Congratulations to Kirkules from (f1rf.c) this weeks winner with 30 points scored.

I would also like to thank those that have contributed to the game’s prize pool:

Angel_Eyes (M3f.n)
    mike27t (M3f.c)
    mijgilbert (bf.c)
    Nick

My Cars
    fünfer
    Last edited by ronin009; 10-12-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Nick

My Cars
    fünfer
    Last edited by ronin009; 10-12-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Nick

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    No Quote from the winner this week?

My Cars
    fünfer
    Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    No Quote from the winner this week?
    not yet.
    Nick

My Cars
    fünfer
    Congrats again to this weeks winner Kirkules from (f1rf.c) with 30 points scored. This is the new saying (in proper format):

F1 Game 2008 Kirkules from (f1rf.c) says, “Ferrari, the way it was meant to be.”
    Nick