Harrison Motorsports
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tools available for local DIY projects

My Cars
    Z4M Coupe
    Another ask for anyone with a S54 shim kit and feeler tool for rent in the area? Was planning on tackling the adjustment this weekend and doing the measure /dealer run method.

Being my first one solo I want to take my time and try to avoid any hiccups with a dealers service dept. hours.

My Cars
    E46M3-E39-E46 sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Another ask for anyone with a S54 shim kit and feeler tool for rent in the area? Was planning on tackling the adjustment this weekend and doing the measure /dealer run method. Being my first one solo I want to take my time and try to avoid any hiccups with a dealers service dept. hours.
    Just crack it open, use a normal Autozone feeler gauge, figure out which shims that you need and order them individually. Nally BMW had most of the singles that I always needed. Usually, you need one or two.

My Cars
    03 LSB M3 96 ford e350
    I need airbag and ABS codes pulled from my 2002 325ci. The car is in East point any help??

My Cars
    2012 Ford Focus Sport
    Greetings, I am looking to pull the engine out of my truck in the near future. I do not have room to buy and hold a engine stand and hoist. I sold my last set because I did not have any room for them. I am looking to borrow someones engine stand and hoist. I have a truck that I can pick them up with. I will need them for at least one week hopefully no more then 2 weeks. I am willing to leave a deposit and pay for the use or trade something out for it. Still not clear on the dates when, still putting a plan together, but if I have to buy a engine hoist and stand it might be better to farm it out to someone else to do. Please send me a PM if interested. I am in Loganville, GA

Thanks,

My Cars
    2003 M3
    Planning to do an S54 VANOS overhaul and in need of a cam timing tool and alignment pin for a weekend.

I'm in the Buford area.

My Cars
    96' 328is
    I've got a bunch of tools for rent/borrow so you can DIY

Motive power bleeder
    Brake caliper tools
    E-torx sockets/ratcheting E-Torx wrenches for tranny removal
    Angle grinder
    Dremel
    Cordless impacts
    1/2in Torque wrench that goes to 250ft lb. (for e36 front hub nuts)
    46mm socket (for e36 front hub nut)
    RTAB tool
    Strut Nut Sockets
    BFH
    Pickle Fork for control arms
    RTAB Tool
    Vanos timing kit (single vanos only)
    32mm wrench ( for fan clutch nut)
    Water pump pulley holder
    Diagnostic Laptop DIS/INPA/NCS EXPERT

LMK what you need I'm in Suwanee.

770-865-7294
    Last edited by 1gdsm; 04-17-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: More stuff

My Cars
    BMWs
    Anyone have a pilot bearing puller? Or know who sells ones that will fit in BMW pilot bearings locally? I have tried the grease and round drift method but this particular bearing is unsealed.
    '84 318i
    '99 M3 'vert(wifey's)
    '88 535i
    '05 ZHP
    '05 X3 6-sp sport pkg unicorn

My Cars
    E70 | FZJ100 | Z31
    I guess this request would go here. I'm looking to use someone's powdercoating/shop oven to cure paint on some hot parts I'm refinishing. Only need it for half an hour bake time.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Rich is a tool but isn't available.
    '84 318i
    '99 M3 'vert(wifey's)
    '88 535i
    '05 ZHP

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Anyone have a 22mm deep socket modified for a Koni front shock install? I.e. the top ends of it are ground parallel to fit a wrench like this:

http://brazeauracing.com/photos/struttool03.jpg

Figure someone might have dealt with this before and have it leftover/willing to loan.

My Cars
    96' 328is
    Send me a PM with your number I have pass through sockets

These:
    http://www.ecstuning.com/News/Schwab...Kit/ES2703013/
    Last edited by 1gdsm; 01-23-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: URL added

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gdsm View Post
    Send me a PM with your number I have pass through sockets

These:
    http://www.ecstuning.com/News/Schwab...Kit/ES2703013/
    Interesting, but would those work with the top adjust konis that have an an 11mm nut on the shaft instead of an Allen key? Essentially would I be able to fit a box end or open end wrench onto the 11mm (through the side of those sockets) and still be able to tight the 22mm socket? Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the feet of the 11mm wrench would hit the sides of the 22mm and prevent it from turning. What do you think?

My Cars
    96' 328is
    I believe so. The wrench should only be about 13-14mm in outer diameter for the 11mm nut so I couldn't see it being much of a clearance issue.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Anyone have a tool for remove/install E30 rear subframe bushings? Would like to not take the sub all the way out if possible.
    '84 318i
    '99 M3 'vert(wifey's)
    '88 535i
    '05 ZHP

My Cars
    97 e38; 01 e38
    Looking for timing chain guide tools for an m62

My Cars
    1998 323is
    Hi guys and gals.
    This is my very first post. A couple of things.
    1. My heart runneth over at how the southern hospitality seems to be out in full force in this thread.
    Way to go people. I doubt it can be matched anywhere else as it is right here, it just oozes out naturally dosent it?
    2. I live in Winder, Ga and haven't got to know too many people people around here yet.
    I have the basic tools for working on my E36 but would like to meet new friends that we could help one another on diy's
    my problem is not having a suitable place to work that's sheltered from the elements i.e. rain, tortuous heat and darkness.
    I'm pretty good with my hands too, just dont have a roof, impact or other specialty tools.
    everything is done in my driveway on my back.
    so if anybody near me would like to work on some stuff that might be beneficial to all hit me back or text me at 404-754-3368.
    3. Also, I just rebuilt by entire front steering and suspension and if anyone could advise of a place they know of around Winder for a good alignment it would be greatly appreciated
    4. It sure would be nice to hook up with a new friend to bounce things off of and maybe learn a thing or two.
    Anyway, thanks for your time in reading this,
    Danny

My Cars
    97 e38; 01 e38
    Anyone have cold knife (for windshield removal) I could borrow/rent from you??

My Cars
    2000 323i
    Can you reset my airbag light this weekend? Pm me with details. Thank you

My Cars
    M3
    Hey guys! I need to borrow a bilstein strut tool to righting my new inserts! Anyone near Duluth willing to lend me the tool for all of 5 minutes!!

My Cars
    1997 M3 coupe
    Anyone got the ball joint/ bushing press needed to swap out subframe and diff bushings, and later upper and lower ball joints? I'm near Buford/ Suwannee/ Lawrenceville. Also, if anyone knows where to rent or buy the tools, whether it be local or online, that would be helpful. I sense impending diff clunk approaching.....

My Cars
    e36-328i, e30-325e
    I got my press from O'Reilly and they refund u when u bring it back... also harbor freight has the kit for pretty cheap. Used the O'Reilly one for rear control arm bushings and worked like a champ

My Cars
    1997 M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideoutboy View Post
    I got my press from O'Reilly and they refund u when u bring it back... also harbor freight has the kit for pretty cheap. Used the O'Reilly one for rear control arm bushings and worked like a champ
    I actually went ahead and ordered a set from amazon It worked fairly well. Only one bushing was stubborn and Ihad to chisel the outer metal ring out, the other two came out like butter. Plus, now I have the right tool to do my upper and lower rear ball joints.

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325is (E30)
    Can I borrow/rent someone's control arm bushing removal and installation tool for E30-E46 cars? I'd need it to less than a week, and don't mind driving to come pick it up.

My Cars
    73 Porsche 911 (sold) 97 M3/4/5
    Anybody on the east side of ATL that can reset my airbag light? Its worth a $20 top me if you are close.

My Cars
    2003 540i Sport - 6 Spd.
    Anyone have tools I can borrow for a bunch of work I'm going to do on my '03 540i? I'm going to do the clutch, rear main seal, M5 diff install (have driveshaft, etc.), rear suspension overhaul, including subframe bushings.

The tools I'm looking for include:
    -- Press tools to do rear suspension ball joints
    -- Press tools to do rear subframe bushings
    -- Transmission jack

I'm in Marietta, Georgia.

Also would love to find someone who might be willing to help me with this work.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--Peter
    770-714-3065 cell
    '03 540i-6
    153k mi; bought April ‘07 w/38k mi
    Silv/Blk, CWP, UUC SSK w/DSSR, M5 diff, JBR LW FW, SPEC Stage 2 clutch, Zionsville w/2-stage fan, coolant hoses, M60 intake manifold, motor-out overhaul (powder-coated VCs, TCGs, valley pan, coolant mani, head gaskets, heads refurb, all other gaskets, seals), Beisan vanos, PS pump & hoses, AC comp, fuel pump & filter, washer hoses, 88-degree thermo, DUDMD tune, Vibrant Racing muffler, Zeck CDV, Brembo solid-disc rotors w/ Textron pads & UUC SS brake lines, Dinan springs w/Koni Yellow shocks/struts, M5 front & rear sway bars, H&R 10mm spacers & studs front & rear, Pilot Sport A/S 3s, headlight adj repair, polished headlight lenses, 6k Umnitza Xenon & AE bulbs, new OEM M-Sport bumpers, gauge rings, permanent seat-twist repair to front seats, ZHP shift knob, M5 headliner kit (reinforced A-pillar clips), Schmiedmann pedals, MID & cluster pixel repair, Bavsound Stage 1 speaker upgrade & dedicated amp w/DSP subwoofers, retrofitted cupholder

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast