Thread: 3.38 LSD with 80%, what would that be like?

My Cars
    AA Turbo 325, Infiniti

3.38 LSD with 80%, what would that be like?

it's for sale... cheap. I've seen 40%, what would 80% be like. It's off a road racing car. Seems like too much, but they wouldn't make it if it wasn't useful right? Think I can autoX with this?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325is Touring Car, 2004 Dodge Ram

80% LSD....wrong choice for Auto-X

There is one major factor to consider when picking a LSD and the percentage of slip.

The less slip, the more understeer your car is going to experience, as the rear end will tend to push the front end around. This is simply due to the fact that the inside rear wheel will not be allowed to slip, and counter steer.

On an actual race-course (like Mosport, or Mt. Tremblant), the higher percentage slip will allow you to put the power down a little sooner in the corners.

For an autocross or Solo2 however, that rear diff will make it way to difficult to get around the course, and your front bumper will get to know most of the cones around the course.

Pat

My Cars
    AA Turbo 325, Infiniti
    I would have to agree with that... but many road courses have sharp corners too...

I'm guessing that maybe they swap diffs depending on the course.

may be a luittle high

i also saw this guyu selling it!.....im thinking of going with a 3.64 limited slip

Home: Bay Area, California |||| College: UCSB
    What you can expect if you drive on the street:
    If you accelerate making a protected left turn (at a stoplight or the like) you will chirp the tires.
    If you accelerate making a right turn (at a stop light or the like) you will probably completely slide out.
    - Jon, '93 325is

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Originally posted by Anfanger
    What you can expect if you drive on the street:
    If you accelerate making a protected left turn (at a stoplight or the like) you will chirp the tires.
    If you accelerate making a right turn (at a stop light or the like) you will probably completely slide out.
    Yup.. thats probably how it would drive.. and if its raining out.. Oh forget turning.. :
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3