Thread: weird drive line noise around left turns!!! please help me

My Cars
    1975 2002/ 2003 honda element

weird drive line noise around left turns!!! please help me

you heard it. i have a really weird noise under load and around left turns. its really bad around lefts and it doesnt happen around rights at all. i can floor it around right turns and it doesnt do a thing. i just replaced the drive shaft center support bearing so i know that is not the problem. i just hoped that some one on the forum would have had the same problem in the past and could tell me what it is. it makes noise in low rpm and quiets out as i rev it up. i have literally been under my car wiggling stuff around and nothing is hitting. i also put the rear wheels up and went through the gears and it doesnt make the noise. it only happens under load and around left turns
    please help pleease!!!
    thank you

My Cars
    '12 Caterham
    wow, ok, i am having this same problem with the e21! i've also been looking for the culpret. i've been doing some thinking on it, and i suspected something in the tranny, but dropped that idea when it didn't happen when not under load. then i went on to other bearings and joints and couldn't find a thing wrong.
    so, now im thinking its a rear end deal as, i know your front end (engine wise) is perfect. maybe axle or wheel bearings? or something around the diff area. but that doesn't explane the more on left turns and non on right turns. maybe a right side bearing that is under presure on left turns and off presure on right?

and yes, i have these same simptoms, does yours start around 2.5k and end at around 4?

Be a part of racing history - http://www.gofundme.com/TorMcIlroyRacing2013 and help me race in 2013.

My Cars
    several
    did you check your motor mounts? not sure where the noise is but if your engine moves a little your fan could be saying hello to your radiator

My Cars
    '68 camaro, '73 2002, '89 M3
    Do you have LSD?

Are you sure it's the driveline?

Did you check for bearing play on the front hubs?

What about the front rotor backing plates?

Cris
    The rides-
    '68 Camaro- 511hp 388cid, Tremec 5 speed, Baer Brakes, Hotchkis suspension, 18" Budniks, Recaro seats
    '73 2002- Metric Mech. 2200 efi, 5 speed, 3.90 lsd, Ground Control suspension, 16" staggered Alpina wheels, Recaro interior
    '89 M3- CSL wheels, Ground Control Suspension, Koni dampers
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792851
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

My Cars
    i just recieved word that it might be a wheel bearing. it sounds like its in the drive line but sound could traavel. its not my fan cause i have an electric fan inside the front end. i am going to check my wheel bearings
    wish me luck

My Cars
    '70 2002
    check out the rear brakes too

My Cars
    98 m3, 94 e34 touring
    it is defintely a wheel bearing, on the right side of your car youll have to figure out whether its front or rear

My Cars
    ya its not the wheel bearings, it is deff in the tunnel. but only around lefts i cant figure it out. i just changed the gear oil and it is still doing it. ahhh
    i hate this car sometimes

My Cars
    several
    check your tranny mounts and anything around that general area. Get someone to drive and you just get your head in there and listen!

My Cars
    gosh man. i know where the problem is, it is passenger side about a foot and a half towards the front of the car inside the tunnel, i have done all of these things and it is still doing it. i have been under the car for hours today just trying to pull on stuff and wiggle crap loose but it is all legit under there. mystery noise continues