Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: steering wheel jerks once I step on the brakes

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by cea4 View Post
    Attachment 602563Attachment 602564

- - - Updated - - -

I did notice that my driver side FCAB needs to be replaced. I just don't see how that can cause my steering wheel to jerk like this, but i've ordered the part from ebay and will replace it because it's bad.
    Here is are pictures above .
    The steering wheel jerks because when the wheel slows it moves backwards or it tries to stop and the rest of the steering/suspension keeps moving forward. I'd get the parts from someone more reputable than e-bay, good oe control arm bushings aren't that expensive.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    745i
    Wow !! THe problem has been solved by changing the control arm bushing! I changed the driver side control arm which was really bad as you saw in the picture and that was it I can't believe that was the problem, but i am glad it's over now YEAHHHH!!! Just wanted to post this up for anyone else who may encounter the same problem as myself. This was on a bmw 2005 745i. Enjoy and thanks again to all!!

- - - Updated - - -

and thank you im09 for explaining it. You were right absolutely!! Cheers!!

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Rear trailing arm bushings are often over looked and will cause the steering angle shifts under hard braking.

My Cars
    745i
    Wow !! THe problem has been solved by changing the control arm bushing! I changed the driver side control arm which was really bad as you saw in the picture and that was it Thank you all for helping!! I can't believe that was the problem, but i am glad it's over now YEAHHHH!!

- - - Updated - - -

97M3GTR (Rear trailing arm bushings are often over looked and will cause the steering angle shifts under hard braking.)

Tell me about it! I learned that lesson the hard way. And i remember when it started it was just a small jerk and it got worse and worse. I will definitely be doing the other side before that goes bad.
    Thanks again man!! i appreciate it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12