Thread: Check light & SRS Light

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325iC

Check light & SRS Light

I bought a 1990 325iC last month and since then the "Check" light has come on. My Bentley manual said it should be displaying in a series of flashes, but it just steadily flashes until the car is turned off. Also, the SRS light flashes sometimes and is steady sometimes... Should I be worried about either of these?

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    the "CHECK" light flashes to tell you to look at the check control display. The one up top with the little red dot lights. If any of those are on, the "CHECK" light in the cluster flashes until you press the "CHECK" button located on the check control display.

If you have a stick shift, the light for the brake lights will stay lit up until you press the brake pedal. At that time, the red dot light in the check control and the "CHECK" light will both turn off.

The air bag light coming on indicates there is a problem somewhere in the system. A shop would have to read the codes and repair accordingly. The "CHECK" light is in no way affiliated with the airbag light.
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.

My Cars
    88iX, 89iX, 90iX, 91iX
    My check light flashes until I hit my brakes and I have an auto, and yes the brake light will be lit until i hit the brakes.
    My For Sale stuff on r3v
    Quote Originally Posted by jagerking View Post
    Despite what people think or you may have heard, the iX E30's are NOT rare. They made 193,000 of them

My Cars
    1992 318IC, 1986 325E
    my coolant light is on, i filled the car with enough coolant but the light stays on. when i bought the car it had no radiator cap, i had to buy one and it doesn't even fit right, too big, so i had to use my pocket knife and literally shave the plastic on the cap until i could pound it in. but that shouldn't have an affect on that light should it?

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    Quote Originally Posted by barbierij View Post
    My check light flashes until I hit my brakes and I have an auto, and yes the brake light will be lit until i hit the brakes.
    That's the fist I have heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy31 View Post
    my coolant light is on, i filled the car with enough coolant but the light stays on. when i bought the car it had no radiator cap, i had to buy one and it doesn't even fit right, too big, so i had to use my pocket knife and literally shave the plastic on the cap until i could pound it in. but that shouldn't have an affect on that light should it?
    1. buy a new cap.

2. replace your coolant level sensor. common problem.

3. do not ever do that to your car again, lol
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.