Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Symptoms of a Bad Camshaft/Crankshaft Sensor

My Cars
    Bmw 330
    Here is my camshaft position sensor nightmare.
    Bought 2 VDO sensors and installed them, and they made the car crank but not start. Bought a OEM sensor and it gave me the same issues. Crank but no start. Was also throwing codes p015 and p0341.
    Checked all the cabling for nicks or breaks. Ended up taking the old O rings and putting them on the new sensors on a guess and that actually made everything work. Looking at the O ring you can tell a slight difference, and you feel a difference when it seats in the motor.

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Thanks for your input. Good info. Those are hall effect sensors so the seating is very important.

My Cars
    Bmw
    Hi ..my problem my bmw 735il 1998 randomly ..1.crank but no start 2.crank with start normally plz help me.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Sedan 323i

1998 E36 323i won't start

My 1998 E36 323i the dashboard would just go off and comes on for sometime. one day the engine just goes off while driving. i started to seek for some advice online and i found that it might be a bad camshaft position sensor, i changed it and now it won't start at all. just cranking.tried to push it around and still it won't start. some body pls help, what could be the problem now.

My Cars
    Bmw 325i
    Hello new to this I have a 2006 325i and starts fine runs fine except at idle,idels fine for about 5-10 second then rough for about 5 and repeats have changed coils maf cleaned injectors fuel pump frustrating any help or thoughts would be greatful

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123