Thread: Good place for tint in the Atlanta area?

My Cars
    02 E46 M3

Good place for tint in the Atlanta area?

Preferrably the GA400/I-75 areas of the northside, but I'll go anywhere metro for really good work.

Also, I need a place that's willing to go a little darker than "allowed." :12:

Any suggestions?
    2002 Titansilber M3
    1999 Titansilber M3/2 [sold]
    1995 525i [dearly departed]

My Cars
    E46iT, MK6 TDi, Z31Chump
    I took mine to Atlanta tint & detail off Buford highway. Work was excellent and I think I paid $175 for all 7 windows at 35% (rear in 1 pc), which I thought was a pretty good deal. Don't know about bending the rules, but you could always ask.

My Cars
    Beater
    I did mine off Jimmy Carter, cant remember the name of the shop, but around $180 w/ 1 piece tint in the back. I also went w/ a much darker tint on the rear and the darkest legal tint upfront. I was glad that I didnt go darker since I got pulled over, the cop asked me to roll down the front window to check for illegal tint, my front was legal, and that was all it matters.

My Cars
    e36 M3 sedan 5-spd
    I got mine done at Custom Sun Controls which is on rte. 41 (cobb pkwy.) in Marietta. They use Formula One tint which has a lifetime warranty.
    If you are out to get an illegal tint, you will want to go elsewhere because they don't do illegal tints. Their work is excellent.

My Cars
    02 E46 M3
    Thanks for the suggestions guys... I really want to get something a little darker than legal (~20%) but I may go with some legal Formula One since I've heard such good things about it. I guess I'm addicted to that "I-can-see-you and you-can-not-quite-see-me" feeling
    2002 Titansilber M3
    1999 Titansilber M3/2 [sold]
    1995 525i [dearly departed]

My Cars
    E46iT, MK6 TDi, Z31Chump
    Originally posted by ARCpolo
    I did mine off Jimmy Carter, cant remember the name of the shop, but around $180 w/ 1 piece tint in the back. I also went w/ a much darker tint on the rear and the darkest legal tint upfront. I was glad that I didnt go darker since I got pulled over, the cop asked me to roll down the front window to check for illegal tint, my front was legal, and that was all it matters.
    That might be the same place....was it tucked down off the road?? ATLT&D is only 1 block south of JC blvd on Buf hwy. I can't remember if it was F1 tint...but it has a lifetime warranty.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I got mine done at "Traffic Jams." 32% all around for 180 installed. You can also get it done for 160 there....but i opted for the upgraded tint. The shop is on Pleasant Hill road a little east of Peachtree Industril Boulevard.

My Cars
    E46
    Originally posted by ///M3Hellrot
    I got mine done at "Traffic Jams." 32% all around for 180 installed. You can also get it done for 160 there....but i opted for the upgraded tint. The shop is on Pleasant Hill road a little east of Peachtree Industril Boulevard.
    Whats the upgraded tint?

Wheels in Sig are SSR GT3's 19" E46 M3 fitment. Dinan E46 M3 Suspension. Pic thanks to Kyle K.

My Cars
    E46
    oh yeah, did you get the front tinted too?

Wheels in Sig are SSR GT3's 19" E46 M3 fitment. Dinan E46 M3 Suspension. Pic thanks to Kyle K.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    No, front isn't tinted.....just looks a little dark in that picture for some reason. I might of gotten taken but I checked it out on a guy's car that was right outside the store and I thought it looked better than the normal sample in the store. it was just 20 bucks more so......not really a big deal in the long run.

My Cars
    BMW
    Hunt Bros. at the corner of N. Decatur and Church in Decatur (near Chris BMW, Atlanta Classic Cars, etc) will do anything you want. a buddy just got 5% all the way around on his car. They messed up my E46 the first time, but fixed it for free a few days later.

My Cars
    02 M3 Cab, 01 Tundra, 01 Lexus RX300
    Go to Solarworks in Duluth. I did my e46 m3cab at 18%. Looks great. Talk to Dwayne.
    Cumming, Ga

My Cars
    mazda miata
    btw, i think getting the front tinted looks horrid

but thats just my opinion