Thread: maf sensor

My Cars
    01 topaz blue 530i

maf sensor

Anyone around the norwood park area in chicago have a spare maf for 01 530 to see if that is my no start issue. Any help would be appreciated

My Cars
    '02 540i
    If you disconnect your maf, it should run. Search function is your friend and no one is going to loan you shit as a bad maf would throw a code and assuming you have one, go to Autozone and have them read it. Sorry, but your request just is not plausible or necessary.
    Old, contrary, and out-of-touch,
    but still learning sumpin' every day
    NOTORIOUSLY long-winded :-(

My Cars
    01 topaz blue 530i
    First of all no a car will not always run w/ bad maf. May start but not run. 2nd, Why wouldn't somebody let me plug in a spare maf just to make sure i'm right. I don't think everyone is an ahole like u seem to be. Man people, just because you own a bmw does not mean you get to be a douche bag. it's only a car.....

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by m5hoot View Post
    If you disconnect your maf, it should run. Search function is your friend and no one is going to loan you shit as a bad maf would throw a code and assuming you have one, go to Autozone and have them read it. Sorry, but your request just is not plausible or necessary.
    Wow. I will think twice next time before I ask for help from my neighboring E39 enthusiasts.

My Cars
    2001 bmw 525i
    M5hoot is right though.

My Cars
    2000 540i
    Right of wrong... just rude.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Larry's comments are correct, even if some do not like the tone. I found the OP's response to be even more rude bigoted and arrogant.

/.randy

My Cars
    '02 540i
    57 posts and it is he that is off to a bad start. And Benny with under a 100 posts, if you have issue with wghat I said, I will be happy if you PM me and take it off line. I stand by what I said as true and not at all rude. No one is going to loan their maf when you don't even need one in you car for it to run. Read you codes, and both you boys listen which is why God gave you two ears and one mouth. How many responses did you have before I responded? You ask people to loan you their parts when you haven't read a code and you need not have a maf to run. A bad maf can keep you from running, but no maf will let you run. I don't know why I bother with you jerks. As Jack said "you can't handle the truth". This forum does not have your mommy in it so start learning to read to yourself and respect people who take the time to give you correct and "real" advice. I won't need your help, but you will need mine and you'll still be waiting for it.
    Old, contrary, and out-of-touch,
    but still learning sumpin' every day
    NOTORIOUSLY long-winded :-(

My Cars
    2000 540i
    WOW, tough guy, do me a favor. Don't answer my posts. I think you will be doing most a favor by not "helping". I guess that makes it 101 posts.
    Do you think he was asking for someone in his area to let him try their MAF? Possible. Or possibly he is 16 and has no idea what is involved. None the less, tact is everything.
    Enjoy responding i will not be checking back. So now, you can end with the last word. Enjoy your triumph.