Thread: inner headlight question 330ci xenon...

My Cars
    02 m3.... smg

inner headlight question 330ci xenon...

I just picked up my first BMW about a week ago, a 2002 330ci premium package, xenon hids, hk, auto trans silver/black, 85k for 13,700 with a clean carfax. and i have a few questions. the inner headlights dont come on. is that normal with hids? i saw a 330i with hids the other day and the inners were on(they looked like running lights). when i open the trunk the lights inside the trunk dont work i havent checked the bulbs yet i just didnt know if the two went hand in hand. i have only seen these wheels on 1 other hardtop 330 all the other ones were on verts any reason? thanks all for your input..

here it is.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330I ZHP
    I assume you are talking about the daylight running lights. They usually are always running when the car is running, unless the dealer turned them off.

2003 BMW 330i ZHP - Mods - LED Angel Eyes, Front Strut Bar, 20% tint + 5% tint band, Aux Input, LED tails, Clear side markers+Corners, 6000k HID fogs, TFX Projector Retrofit

Woodland Hills > San Fernando Valley > LA > SoCal
    My Cars
    01 330ci 5spd
    See that horizontinal stripe on your xenon projector? that means you have bixenons. that means that when you push the stalk forward a shutter goes up to take away the cutoff in your xenon beams which in essence makes them high beams. If you are to push the stock backwards(towards you) you will activate the center lights which is bmw's "flash to pass" thing, so you don't burn out your bixenon motor.

as far as daytime running lights are, yes the inside lights are used for daytime running lights, which is something you have to get turned on by the dealer.

hope that helps

My Cars
    02 m3.... smg
    they inner headlights dont come on what so ever. the 330i i saw the other day was an 05 or 06.

Woodland Hills > San Fernando Valley > LA > SoCal
    My Cars
    01 330ci 5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsi View Post
    they inner headlights dont come on what so ever. the 330i i saw the other day was an 05 or 06.
    even if you pull the high beam/signal stalk towards you?

My Cars
    02 m3.... smg
    no i haven't tried that. ill have to do that tomorrow when there is an extra person thank you

My Cars
    02 m3.... smg
    the inners do work when you pull the stalk towards you. thanks. now what about the wheels?