Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guess what I got yesterday....

My Cars
    E36
    $2300? Were you planning on dipping them in gold first?

My Cars
    Cur:S38 Past:S52 M20 M42
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Version View Post
    $2300? Were you planning on dipping them in gold first?
    Actually a couple times, I know the price seems high for those of you who have never seen a set of these for sale. The reason being because a set never goes for sale. I know beastin bought his for 2000 unrestored. Mine includes tires, that is why I priced mine accordingly. If you are calling me an idiot for pricing them this high, keep in mind that beastin bought them at this price.

NOTE: I am in no way calling him dumb or stupid because I have much respect for his car and his bmw knowledge (and for Christ's sake have you seen what he has done with them).

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd
    Actually I think those could be pretty pimp style on an E36 with other proper mods for overall look. I bet they would look good on my Dakar....

Damn, why you gotta tempt me to spend my Economy booster check on rims?? :P

'02 BMW M3 Coupe 6-spd w/extras
    '96 Pathfinder LE 5-spd, "Toy Hauler"

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by hootie View Post
    2300 rims and tires as is. .

good luck, maybe HALF of that if they werent curbed to hell and refinished

My Cars
    08 zx6r
    I wanna know how much the op paid for them compared to waht he is selling them for.

My Cars
    E36
    2300? Thats what you pay for multipiece, semi/rare wheels in good condition.

These are one piece Borbets that are by no means rare and are still in production. Pfft!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by exoyellow View Post
    2300? Thats what you pay for multipiece, semi/rare wheels in good condition.

These are one piece Borbets that are by no means rare and are still in production. Pfft!
    They are not in production, Borbet's site lists them as "no longer available" and tunership.de doesn't stock 17's.

Spastic any help on this. Apparently no one argues spastic when he says they are rare.

My Cars
    E36
    They are not in production, Borbet's site lists them as "no longer available" and tunership.de doesn't stock 17's.

Spastic any help on this. Apparently no one argues spastic when he says they are rare.
    Why should we care what Spastic says? Some kid who gets what ever he wants is automatically an all knowing source on these? All were saying is that they are a little pricey esp for not being perfect.....I mean 2300 dollars and you would think you should be buying perfect wheels.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwave View Post
    I'm going to buy the set on German eBay, not because I want them, just to prove you are out of your mind for thinking your extremely curbed set is worth anything over a grand. The set on ebay.de is in better shape and will be less than a grand INCLUDING shipping overseas.
    Please go for it. Id love to see them on your car.

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Why should we care what Spastic says? Some kid who gets what ever he wants
    Listen fuckhead, I don't call people out, but this comment was 100% unnecessary. It may surprise you, but I work for my stuff. I held 2 jobs at one point while being a high-school student, I work every day after shool at an actual job, not some grocery bagging loser at publix, but a video editor for www.myoutdoortv.com. I know how to buy and how to sell. I've made a substantial amount buying, fixing, and selling cars. I'm lucky enough to have a father who is into the same things as I am and is willing to help out when I need it.
    But please, do not talk about shit you have no damn clue about.

And to some of you guys, these wheels are rare, whether they're worth the OP's asking price is up to him, and the buyer; but to deny their rarity (no, they're not unobtainable, but they're indeed a rare set of wheels.. you CANNOT buy them anymore, and not too many sets were made) is stupid.

My Cars
    Audi A4
    Why should we care what Spastic says? Some kid who gets what ever he wants is automatically an all knowing source on these? All were saying is that they are a little pricey esp for not being perfect.....I mean 2300 dollars and you would think you should be buying perfect wheels.

Not that I'm a legend here, nor do I have any affiliation with spastic whatsoever, but don't you think you should be around for more than 4 posts before you start talking shit like that?

I don't know what these wheels are worth, but I think they would look good on an e36.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    Listen fuckhead, I don't call people out, but this comment was 100% unnecessary. It may surprise you, but I work for my stuff. I held 2 jobs at one point while being a high-school student, I work every day after shool at an actual job, not some grocery bagging loser at publix, but a video editor for www.myoutdoortv.com. I know how to buy and how to sell. I've made a substantial amount buying, fixing, and selling cars. I'm lucky enough to have a father who is into the same things as I am and is willing to help out when I need it.
    But please, do not talk about shit you have no damn clue about.

And to some of you guys, these wheels are rare, whether they're worth the OP's asking price is up to him, and the buyer; but to deny their rarity (no, they're not unobtainable, but they're indeed a rare set of wheels.. you CANNOT buy them anymore, and not too many sets were made) is stupid.
    Talk about right on time.

Thanks spastic for the support.

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Talk about right on time.

Thanks spastic for the support.
    Not a problem. I'm staying out of the price "war" though

Here's a pic for those wondering what they look like on an e36 (I have 8.5's all around). Hootie, if you want me to take these down shoot me a PM.

My Cars
    E36
    The wheels are rare, especially in this size and fitment. But they are not worth $2300, especially in that condition. If you know where to look, you can find a set for sale at any given time. I remember a set on R3v a little while back went for around $1500. They were in superb condition and were even powdercoated. Despite what you think, there are people on this site who know what they are talking about, Digitalwave being one of them.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw325e30 View Post
    The wheels are rare, especially in this size and fitment. But they are not worth $2300, especially in that condition. If you know where to look, you can find a set for sale at any given time. I remember a set on R3v a little while back went for around $1500. They were in superb condition and were even powdercoated. Despite what you think, there are people on this site who know what they are talking about, Digitalwave being one of them.
    Same guy listed them on BF.c. He was local, all I am saying is some think the rims are worth it others don't. For example, my car is probably selling within the next two weeks (knock on wood) for 18,500 with 70K miles. I know some of you guys would definitely disagree, but that is the exact reason why I didn't list it here. Everyone on BF.c can find anything for cheaper, it is a simple fact. If you can, then go get it.

My Cars
    e39's
    Let me know when you guys get the definition of RARE figured out.

Check this out, consider the car free..lol
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/618256664.html

You guys buying wheels, borbet type A's, bbs rs etc and thinking they are a cash cow, telling us how rare they are and asking RIDICULOUS prices is NOTHING MORE THAN INSULTING to people who know better!
    As I stated before, communicate well and often, especially when the news is not going to be pleasant.

My Cars
    E36
    Same guy listed them on BF.c. He was local, all I am saying is some think the rims are worth it others don't. For example, my car is probably selling within the next two weeks (knock on wood) for 18,500 with 70K miles. I know some of you guys would definitely disagree, but that is the exact reason why I didn't list it here. Everyone on BF.c can find anything for cheaper, it is a simple fact. If you can, then go get it.
    I hear you. In the end, it's your stuff, you can ask what you want for it.

My Cars
    93' S50'd-is, 95' ti
    i'm very intrested in buying,

but at that price...

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by sausrigging View Post

You guys buying wheels, borbet type A's, bbs rs etc and thinking there a cash cow, telling us how rare they are and asking RIDICULOUS prices is NOTHING MORE THAN INSULTING to people who know better!
    Thats the exception, not the rule unfortunately. If you think that is a steal, there was an E34 in my area for sale for $800. It came with a complete set of BBS RS212's, fully polished. I'm still pissed about missing buying that car.

My Cars

You guys buying wheels, borbet type A's, bbs rs etc and thinking they are a cash cow, telling us how rare they are and asking RIDICULOUS prices is NOTHING MORE THAN INSULTING to people who know better!
    Umm, those arent the same rims. My rear rim is 17x10.

My Cars
    That
    Rare wheels? C'mon I bought my Type As for 200 dollars in MINT condition. Not the same size but seeing these for 2300...Geesh

Not trying to hate but man...You know these arent worth 2.3k.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett M View Post
    Rare wheels? C'mon I bought my Type As for 200 dollars in MINT condition. Not the same size but seeing these for 2300...Geesh

You had 16's. They are still in production and you can find them anywhere. like literally anywhere.

My Cars
    driveway.jpg

Come on man, you know that's an exception.
    No, type A's are not RARE as in impossible to find, but it's not like 1/2 the other wheels out there. You can't buy them, and you can't just bring ebay up and get another set in 17". Yeah, there's usually one set for sale here and there, but you know they're not "common".

And to end the price debate.. they're his wheels, he can ask what he wants for them. If you find them cheaper, don't complain, just buy the cheaper ones.

My Cars
    That
    You had 16's. They are still in production and you can find them anywhere. like literally anywhere.
    I was just using it as an example...Rare wheels are rare in every size and fitment. I'm going to assume you jumped on these and realize now that you got ripped off horribly? Why are you selling them so soon, do you even know if they have any bends? The lips are bent on the rashed one for sure.

My Cars
    92 325i, 96 328i, 06 330
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett M View Post

Weren't yours 16's though.
    With these wheels that makes a big difference due to the rarity factor.
    Not agreeing with the price, but they are not a common wheel, and they are his to sell. No one has to buy them for his price. Look good man, good luck with the sale.
    None

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast