Thread: Selling the 850.....

Mark850 is offline Life begins at 145mph.... Moderator
    My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS

Unhappy Selling the 850.....

Hey Guys,
    It pains me to write this,but due to circumstances beyond my control and our terrible health care system in this country I have to sell my car to free up some available money..So if you know of anyone looking for a NICE CLEAN LOW MILEAGE 850i let me know... Blk/Blk , 64k miles , V12 Auto , Garage Kept , Clean Carfax , just fully serviced at the cost of $4k( long list of parts replaced )...Complete tune-up with new wires $1k , New wheels and tire less then 2k miles ( Original wheels included ) , Wokke Chips , new brakes and Zimmerman cross drilled rotors , new inspection.. I've owned this car for a year now , I paid $22k for it and put another $8k into it over the last year.. The car only has the service records from my ownership..The car looks , runs , and drives perfect.. Have some extra parts that go with it also.. I figured I'd give the people here first shot at it as you've all been so helpful since my arrival here..If all goes well she'll be replaced with another 8 as soon as possible..All together I have $30k into her and was going to ask $25k for her,but anyone here can have her for $22k

1991 850i,80k miles,Wokke2000 Software,M3 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler,35% Tint,Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors,Limiters Disabled,1.5 inch Drop,AC Schnitzer Lower Front Spoiler,Mark850 design Roof Spoiler,HRE Comp90 Wheels 19x11.5 & 19x9.5, 295/30/19 245/35/19, Dinan Stage 2 Adjustable Sway Bars.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Man i hate to hear this Mark! Family first though, You are a good man and plenty good things will come to you for being this way, Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Marvin,

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Mark, I'm sorry to hear this news--best regards to your family.

Like Marv said, you are a good man and great things come to those who do 'right' in this world.

Best regards from Koizumi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    850 6 speed sold
    man that sucks, it seem like a lot of my friends have all come into the same boat, it sad to see you sell the car, but still stay on the board, you dont have to own an 8 to be part of the family, good luck man.
    Best Regards

Bobby B

My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    Quote Originally Posted by 8eights View Post
    Man i hate to hear this Mark! Family first though, You are a good man and plenty good things will come to you for being this way, Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Marvin,
    Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Mark, I'm sorry to hear this news--best regards to your family.

Like Marv said, you are a good man and great things come to those who do 'right' in this world.

Best regards from Koizumi
    Quote Originally Posted by tread72 View Post
    man that sucks, it seem like a lot of my friends have all come into the same boat, it sad to see you sell the car, but still stay on the board, you dont have to own an 8 to be part of the family, good luck man.
    Thank you all,you actually brought tears to my eyes..But my children must come before the toys..I'll still be here posting comments on all of your beautiful cars..BTW I'm still going to make that hood!!! I haven't had tears in my eyes since my oldest sons 1st open heart surgery when he was 2months old,now he's 8yrs..You're a great group of guys,and I mean that!!!!
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark850; 03-24-2008 at 09:54 PM.

1991 850i,80k miles,Wokke2000 Software,M3 Style Trunk Lip Spoiler,35% Tint,Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors,Limiters Disabled,1.5 inch Drop,AC Schnitzer Lower Front Spoiler,Mark850 design Roof Spoiler,HRE Comp90 Wheels 19x11.5 & 19x9.5, 295/30/19 245/35/19, Dinan Stage 2 Adjustable Sway Bars.

My Cars
    2014 320i XDrive
    Mark,

Very sorry to hear the car has to go.
    Like the others said........Family first.
    We're here for you man .....Don't forget that.
    If you need anything, give me a call.

Best wishes for you and your family

Steve

My Cars
    '92 850i/6-Euro Wannabe
    I can vouch for the description of the car as I've seen it firsthand and it runs as good as it looks, and even spoken with the mechanic that knows the car. Thoughts and best wishes are with you Mark.

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    Mark ...Is your car an Automatic? If my car sells for the amount I am asking for, I may pick up yours. My best wishes and prayers are with your family.

My Cars
    91-BMW-850i / 97-BMW
    Mark, family comes first indeed. A lil prayer does magic sometimes, you know :-) As for cars, they're metal mate, but family is more important....
    You should have the biggest smile on your face that you give up your car for your family... It takes a real man to do that :-) More power to you brother....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark850 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    It pains me to write this,but due to circumstances beyond my control and our terrible health care system in this country I have to sell my car to free up some available money..So if you know of anyone looking for a NICE CLEAN LOW MILEAGE 850i let me know... Blk/Blk , 64k miles , V12 Auto , Garage Kept , Clean Carfax , just fully serviced at the cost of $4k( long list of parts replaced )...Complete tune-up with new wires $1k , New wheels and tire less then 2k miles ( Original wheels included ) , Wokke Chips , new brakes and Zimmerman cross drilled rotors , new inspection.. I've owned this car for a year now , I paid $22k for it and put another $8k into it over the last year.. The car only has the service records from my ownership..The car looks , runs , and drives perfect.. Have some extra parts that go with it also.. I figured I'd give the people here first shot at it as you've all been so helpful since my arrival here..If all goes well she'll be replaced with another 8 as soon as possible..All together I have $30k into her and was going to ask $25k for her,but anyone here can have her for $22k

My Cars
    Good luck with the sale Mark. Hate to hear that, but I completely understand. Take care of the family.

My Cars
    95 740, 97 840, 98 528
    Mark,
    Very sorry to hear about your family, I wish you the best. I am a family man also and know that material possessions, such as cars, hold no value in comparison to a loved one.
    God Bless,
    Rod

My Cars
    91 850i/'67 Nova SS
    No need for concern ,but I"m glad you all are..With that said,my oldest was born with a bad heart and has had 2 open hearts and so many heart caths I lost count with 2 stent placements in his L/R pulmanary artery..His one eye is starting to drift a bit when he's out in space somewhere,but when you call his name it goes right back( if you see him you wouldn't see it , but I do..So I had his vision checked last week and they gave me 2 options.(1. Do a bilateral surgery where they cut the muscles in the eye or (2. We can do therapy for about 1.5 yrs once a week..Well the surgery is covered by my insurance , but the therapy isn't as his eyesight is fine and they consider it cosmetic..My son has been cut open and poked and prodded since birth..His chest looks like something Victor Frankenstien worked on ( 2 zippers , numerous cuts and scars from chest tubes and external pacemaker leads and to many other things to get into , and to me enough is enough..If I have to sell my baby to rid my other baby from another operation,so be it..So nothing serious just costly to me @ $200.00 per session of therapy..Well let me go and get some more tissues for my eyes...Lol.... Thanks for all of the concern..
    Mark

My Cars
    00 E38 750IL 92 E31 850
    Mark..........its the right thing to do man..........nice car but its only metal and you can get another.........you had some fun with it.....let it go..........I'd die for my little guy so I understand the tears...........you're a good man...........
    92 Dinan Stage III 850 Twin Turbo (1 of 4)
    625 Hp on 93 pump gas @ 14 psi 660 ft lbs torque

My Cars
    BMW850i,Viper SRT10
    Like everyone else family comes first. I hope your son gets well soon

My Cars
    2006 M6
    Sorry to hear about your family. Cars can be replaced, family can't.

Hope it gets picked up by an enthusiast, I know if I had the money I'd give you the 25k you wanted for it.

My Cars
    see signature
    Mark, you are a great dad/guy and I hope your son gets better. These stories always make me, at least, realize how lucky I am to be in good health because not every one is so lucky. As I said before I hope your son gets better and as others have said the car is just metal and can be replaced.

Jimmy
    Current - all are 6mt:
    1991 850i
    2004 Audi S4
    2000 Audi A6 2.7T

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840 (Sold)
    Your son is very lucky to have you a a father, Mark. I know from experience that not all "dads" would inconvenience themselves for the sake of their children. I hope the best for your family, good luck with the sale...

My Cars
    TOO MANY TO LIST
    Mark
    I am so sorry to hear this. My dad (78 years) used always to tell me money comes and goes and we come once to this world. take care of your son brother and like you got the 1st 8 hope you will get a better one later on...good luck

Adel

My Cars
    BMW 840ci and other
    Good Luck Mark

hope all goes well

Kind regards

Prit

My Cars
    850i
    Good Luck Mark
    I am New here and i Don't know lot of you guys but
    Best wishes for you and your family.