Thread: How to use Cruise Control on my 89 325is.

My Cars
    E30, E28, E39 540i/6

How to use Cruise Control on my 89 325is.

I have yet to figure out how to use the cruise control feature. Not sure if it is broken... Or maybe its just me... any ideas ...?

My Cars
    01 530i 02 325Xi BEV EVC
    Cruise control:

1. When desired speed is reached, push stalk toward front of car momentarily to turn on cruise and set cruising speed.

2. To increase cruising speed, push stalk toward front of car. A momentary push will increase cruising set speed by approximately 3 mph. Push and hold the stalk forward and cruising speed will increase until the stalk is released.

3. To decrease cruising speed, pull stalk toward rear of car. Again, a momentary pull will decrease speed in small increments and a continuous pull will decrease speed until the stalk is realeased.

4. To turn off cruise control, push stalk down toward floor. Cruise control will also turn off when brake is applied, when clutch is depressed (if a clutch pedal is present), and when ignition is turned off.

5. If the ignition has not been turned off, the last set cruise speed can be resumed by momentarily pulling the stalk up toward the roof.

HTH,

Joe M in WV

My Cars
    e30, X3, Z3... K1100rs
    Yeah, and make sure you're not resting your foot on the clutch before you tell your mechanic that it's broken.....

My son was having problems and I never could get it to act up when I was driving it.....

Come to find out, he was resting his foot on the clutch and deactivating it.

Remember: Your life can be extinguished in ONE stupid moment. No one is invincible....