Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Experience with AEM FIC

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328is
    i already bought the fic also

My Cars
    93 325iS
    I think AA will do a remote DME tune, for around $1400? Not sure.

My Cars
    530i E60
    All the vendors can do a tune on your car from AA, HPF, TRM, ICS, Upsolute, NickG, Euro Sport, and probably a few others that i haven't mention. The problem is getting them to stop there custom projects to make time for you and how much they will charge you.
    Since you have the AEM fic already make sure you find a tuner to wire it up and don't take it on yourself. once it's wired it takes minutes to get the car to start and run. Then there is tuning the fuel curve/ and retarding timing.

530i E60 Wizard of Nos Nitrous System/STS Rear Mounted Custom Turbo(PSI_unknown)

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Quote Originally Posted by ritoab View Post
    All the vendors can do a tune on your car from AA, HPF, TRM, ICS, Upsolute, NickG, Euro Sport, and probably a few others that i haven't mention. The problem is getting them to stop there custom projects to make time for you and how much they will charge you.
    Since you have the AEM fic already make sure you find a tuner to wire it up and don't take it on yourself. once it's wired it takes minutes to get the car to start and run. Then there is tuning the fuel curve/ and retarding timing.
    You're missing the point. The stock ECU uses a style of cam sensor that aftermarket ECU's (at least AEM and Electromotive) can't read. You can't use the FIC + stock ECU. If you move to OBD1, it would work great.
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    93 325iS
    As well, TRM, ICS, and HPF do NOT tune OBD2... ICS does via NickG, the others do not.

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328is
    yo shuasha..noone can read the m52 obd2 cam sensor??what kinda proof do u have to back this claim up??the fic is going to recieve a voltage signal the only difference in this sensor is that it has 2 pickups instead of one... but is still a fairly basic hall type sensor

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328is
    and as far as remote tunes go... for 1400$ naw man...i can get a full aem ems for 1700..flash programs are ok for people who dont know how to tune there cars.. or dont plan on makin any more changes. im just in the beginning stages. my turbo only becomes efficient at around 30 psi

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie328t4 View Post
    yo shuasha..noone can read the m52 obd2 cam sensor??what kinda proof do u have to back this claim up??the fic is going to recieve a voltage signal the only difference in this sensor is that it has 2 pickups instead of one... but is still a fairly basic hall type sensor
    Ok, you get it working and let us know, smart guy. I guess you know better than anybody who makes plug and play kits for that car.

I'm out.
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328is
    im acvtually gonna wire it without the cam sensor for now... as detonation hasnt been a problem for me yet...but i have spoken with aem on a fe ocassions and there is 2 cafrs confirmed runnin ones a obd2 m3

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    im acvtually gonna wire it without the cam sensor for now... as detonation hasnt been a problem for me yet...but i have spoken with aem on a fe ocassions and there is 2 cafrs confirmed runnin ones a obd2 m3

My Cars
    should be boosted
    Hi rito, very happy that everything is coming along with the beast. I am the guy who gave up quick on FIC, i went with TRM and I am loving it. Im @ 354hp and 368tq. how much HP u have. yeah go crazy with a top mount turbo.

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Nitros, do you have a build page? Your IC mounting looks sick.

jamie328t4 - Get an OBD1 cam sensor and call it a fucking day.

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328is
    never mind... i got the aem fic up and running on my car.....the cam sensor only has to be hooked up if u plan on pulling more than 10 degrees of timing..if not u can get away with only hooking up the crank sensor..i basically just wanted the fic for adding fuel with boost. so far so good.. i should hit the dynoe in the next couple weeks.. i really want 500hp to the tiresi guess we'll see what happens...now i cant wait to do my rebuild...and get ready to get my turbo into its efficiency range.. 30 pounds here i come

My Cars
    530i E60
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrosobmw View Post
    Hi rito, very happy that everything is coming along with the beast. I am the guy who gave up quick on FIC, i went with TRM and I am loving it. Im @ 354hp and 368tq. how much HP u have. yeah go crazy with a top mount turbo.
    yes i remember you now. I stopped just over 400+rwhp and did not get a torque reading on the dyno i was on. from there i have done anything else with the car. Trying to get my funds right again and get the wife off my back. LOL I will be back and I am helping a few guys with the same setup. By next spring there should be a 330i and a M3 both which will be running the STS rear mounts. Neither will have a built motor as of yet but still unsure if he will build the motor.

Jamie, glad you where able to figure it out and nitrosobmw maybe what jamie discovered was the key to your issue.
    Rito

530i E60 Wizard of Nos Nitrous System/STS Rear Mounted Custom Turbo(PSI_unknown)

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    and as far as remote tunes go... for 1400$ naw man...i can get a full aem ems for 1700..flash programs are ok for people who dont know how to tune there cars.. or dont plan on makin any more changes. im just in the beginning stages. my turbo only becomes efficient at around 30 psi
    never mind... i got the aem fic up and running on my car.....the cam sensor only has to be hooked up if u plan on pulling more than 10 degrees of timing..if not u can get away with only hooking up the crank sensor..i basically just wanted the fic for adding fuel with boost. so far so good.. i should hit the dynoe in the next couple weeks.. i really want 500hp to the tiresi guess we'll see what happens...now i cant wait to do my rebuild...and get ready to get my turbo into its efficiency range.. 30 pounds here i come
    How about a build page and a video of your car on the dyno?

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328is
    man......i got the fic workin great.....maf clamped.....and i was driving through an intersecion...and some goober in a audi pulled out in front of me...my cars toast i was doing like 80-100kmph but i have a line on another 328is only problems is that its automatic....but i do have a 6 speed from a 300i kickin around

My Cars
    02 330ci, 95 ///M3
    has anyone been successful on getting fic to work? I am ready in turbo my e46 330ci but have no tuning options. Let me know cuz i wanna get started.

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328is
    fic works great on e36

My Cars
    530i E60
    It works on E60 530i MS45.1 DME

My Cars
    330ci E46/E36 hybrid
    I got to give you props man. That is friggin awesome. Not many people would have the balls to do all this to a new car like that, especially themselves. Much respect!!

I'm trying to resist the temptation to Turbo my 330, cause my builds tend to get out of hand. Once I went to put a roll cage in a car I had, and it ended up a back halved chassis car with a parachute, prostock wing and wheelie bars running on Methanol lol. it only got worse from there lol

My Cars
    530i E60
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdero View Post
    I got to give you props man. That is friggin awesome. Not many people would have the balls to do all this to a new car like that, especially themselves. Much respect!!

I'm trying to resist the temptation to Turbo my 330, cause my builds tend to get out of hand. Once I went to put a roll cage in a car I had, and it ended up a back halved chassis car with a parachute, prostock wing and wheelie bars running on Methanol lol. it only got worse from there lol

Yes i know the feeling and thanks for the props.

My Cars
    02 330ci, 95 ///M3
    Do u guys think i should wait for SharkEdit or go with the AEM FIC? Tuning isn't the problem, it's just getting FIC to wire up to my car and everything work right.

My Cars
    2012 VW Golf TDI
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdero View Post

My Cars
    blown 328is
    bump for updates on the fic

My Cars
    530i E60
    Quote Originally Posted by teamsoy View Post
    bump for updates on the fic
    What kind of updates are you looking for. It's installed and working. Turning is not a issue if you know how to tune or can figure it out on your own.
    Let me know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast