Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio Code

My Cars
    97 BMW 328i
    thank god i found this post. Same thing happend to me when my battery died in my 97 3series. It has been dreadful driving around without my radio! The radio only displays CODE ------ I followed the instructions to retrieve the serial number. I called the BMW dealership and they said i had to bring the car in, 1/2 hour of labor, about $75. Thats ridiculous.

SN#: V0219658
    97 328i

Please Help!!!

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwood View Post
    thank god i found this post. Same thing happend to me when my battery died in my 97 3series. It has been dreadful driving around without my radio! The radio only displays CODE ------ I followed the instructions to retrieve the serial number. I called the BMW dealership and they said i had to bring the car in, 1/2 hour of labor, about $75. Thats ridiculous.

97 328i

Please Help!!!
    See below....or above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3Couper View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Once you have reached enough posts you can PM him and see if he can help you.
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    99 M Roadster/07 M Coupe
    I propose the Radio Code thread be parked and un-park the Official Demographics Thread which doesn't seem to get very many posts.

What do you think???

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by HEMIkiller View Post
    I propose the Radio Code thread be parked and un-park the Official Demographics Thread which doesn't seem to get very many posts.

What do you think???
    Since BradK would be the only person affected by it, maybe you should ask him directly?
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 95 M3, 20 X2
    hi guys!

I really don't mind getting radio codes, but i'm respecting the forum rules by not posting them. BUT, if you're going to park a radio code thread, make it some sort of "unofficial radio code thread", with a brief FAQ, or a step by step list of how to get a serial number, entering the number, what to do if it says code wait, etc. Also, post this info I said a while ago (I added some new info):

Here are the facts when it comes to radio codes (feel free to reference this to anyone that wants to know):

Your radio only has one code. If you are given 3 different codes, that is called the dealer being lazy. The display will only show the last 8 digits of any serial number, but the first group of numbers identifies the manufacturer. If you can remove the radio, you can find out who makes it. Most dealers are incompetent and will give you an Alpine radio code for a Blaupunkt radio. To properly identify the manufacturer, you must pull the radio out! The full serial number is 10 or 14 digits long, and the manufacturer is identified by the beginning of the serial number. For example, Alpine is "AL", Blaupunkt is "BP", Pioneer is "P" (and then a bunch of numbers). I generally need the last 8 of the serial number, or all 14 for some Blaupunkt radios.

"Most", 2001-2002 (M)Z cars have a Blaupunkt Business cd radio. Codes for these radios are a total crapshoot in our dealer accessed serial number search. I have had very little luck getting these codes right away. If the code does not come up in our system, I have to send what's called a PUMA case (a glorified email) to someone at BMWNA's tech department. Sometimes they are quick (within 5 minutes), sometimes they take their sweet time (5 days+). They actually have (no joke) a "little black box" in NJ that stores all of these specific serial numbers for Blaupunkt radios, along with their appropriate codes.

If the moderators are willing to park a thread like this, just make it clear that it's a PM basis only. This is so no one else will see any codes posted, making it easier for someone who wants to steal a 10 year old radio.

I think that's it... now it's up to the moderators. My coffee is getting cold (yuck!)
    Last edited by BradK; 04-18-2010 at 09:49 AM.

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by papasZ3 View Post
    Hello there Brad you seem like a very helpful person with the radio codes...would you or anyone else be so kind to advise what the code is for my 1996 Z3 with original casset radio. When you hold the M down it gave me the following SNT0440654
    I seem to have missed place my card with that had the code from when I bought the car...long time back. Thank you
    The code you gave me seemed to not be liked by my radio...
    Hi bradk I want to respect posting rules can you let me know how to contact you outside this post....you can email me at kevinkovac0207@gmail.com

You responded to my post earlier about the z3...I want to respect posting rules so it would rrequire you sending me a e-mail or advise me best way to contact you. Ssomeone suggested I PM you but not sure what that means I can be reached at kevinkovac0207@gmail.com. thank you in advance.
    Last edited by papasZ3; 04-20-2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 95 M3, 20 X2
    Quote Originally Posted by papasZ3 View Post
    The code you gave me seemed to not be liked by my radio...
    Hi bradk I want to respect posting rules can you let me know how to contact you outside this post....you can email me at kevinkovac0207@gmail.com

You responded to my post earlier about the z3...I want to respect posting rules so it would rrequire you sending me a e-mail or advise me best way to contact you. Ssomeone suggested I PM you but not sure what that means I can be reached at kevinkovac0207@gmail.com. thank you in advance.
    email sent

My Cars
    1991 BMW 735i
    I don't know if you are able to recieve codes for the 735i from '91? if u do, I would really appreciate if you could get the add code.

Model: BMW KE-91 ZMB (735i)
    Serial #: PKI0101255

my email is, rim_87@hotmail.com

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 2.8L roady
    Quote Originally Posted by BradK View Post
    uhhhh.... can I help someone?

Hi Brad,

Im having the same dillemma on my 98 Roady. Its a Alpine C33. Full serial number is AL 6BDU Y 06 430 63. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kamzdad; 04-21-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    I need a code please....hubby and I have a z3...the serial number for the radio is

W0425892

thank you

if email is better....beverlynbama@yahoo.com
    Last edited by BeverlynBama; 04-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.

My Cars
    97 BMW 328i
    Hi BradK - I don't have enough posts to PM you but here's the info you need

97 328i

My email is n_yanks@yahoo.com
    Thanks!!

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i
    I need your help... The SN of my BMW 1996 328i radio is SN: Y0641529. I need de unlock code. Please. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BradK View Post
    email sent
    BradK, i need your help. I need the unlock code from my BMW 328i 1996 car audio. SN: Y0641529. Please...1!!
    Last edited by fer1806; 05-08-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i

SN Solved with BAD LEDs

I was just thinking how I'm going to replace the fuel pump if I don't have the code to my radio. I bought the car used...and it didnt' come with the manual or the card mentioned.

So...I did the magic M procedure and was able to get All but 2 digits.

Then I had this great idea. Knowing what the two unknown LED patterns were, I cycled my radio stations and CD player to match the unknown patterns to the specific digit....and voila! I found all the digits.

Love this Forum!

My Cars
    2004 bmw 330i zhp
    I'm new to bmw's, but when I brought my 2004 330i zhp I ask for the radio code from the seller he never knew he needed it. My question is do I need it ? worried if battery goes dead I'm going to have problem?

My Cars
    '69 02, M Shoe, Monster
    Could someone provide my radio code? SN X4294673

Thanks.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325i

Help needed

Hi to all,
    I am in a region where FM channels used are both Odd and Even. Unfortunately, the radio I just installed this morning was imported from the US so it only scans Odd channels frequency.

I now that somehow there is a way to reprogram it so it can scan both Odd and Even channels.

Thanks in advance
    Amir

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    BradK,

I have the same problem -- I changed the battery in my 2000 Z3 Roadster, and my Blaupunkt radio is asking for a code. The serial number is X0842832. Any help would be appreciated. My email address is rvienna@roadrunner.com.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Last edited by ClevelandBob; 07-11-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3
    I need the radio code for my 1997 M3, the radio number is SNT1192120. I hope someone will help. I am also interested in replacing the head with a unit with a CD player. Any info on where to buy a head that will work with my existing Harman Kardon amp and speakers would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Hi,
    My E36 M3's radio number is SNT1192120 would you try to get the code for it please?
    Last edited by jimleatherwood; 07-19-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1999 Z3 Roadster
    Hey Brad,
    Battery died and I don't have the radio code. Can you help. 1999 Z3. BMW Business CD. Held the "M" button down and got "SN 40131368". Email is pollardins@comcast.net Thanks! Daryl

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 95 M3, 20 X2
    PM me radio code requests. I do not post codes here

My Cars
    1999 Z3 Roadster
    Brad,
    Tried to PM you but no luck. I guess I don't have enough posts yet. Would you please email me at pollardins@comcast.net
    Thanks,
    Daryl

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Hi Brad,
    I'm in the same boat - awaiting 10 posts.
    If you don't mind - at your leisure.
    caseydavej@gmail.com

new to me 1997 BMW Z3 2.8L AT.....came with no documentation.
    This is a just in case....

thanks
    dave

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

Radio Code

My local BMW dealer graciously checked the radio serial number and gave me the radio code. However, it didn't work. The dealer tells me that this is not uncommon; they now have to ask BMW Corporate for the code, which usually takes a week (!). Anyone got any ideas for a quicker solution?

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 95 M3, 20 X2
    share your thoughts and ideas... and POST!

... then PM me

if I proactively emailed everyone that needs radio codes i'd have to quit my day job!

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 Roadster
    my apologies Brad - no worries.......

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast