Thread: Looking into the 335i HELP ME

My Cars
    DODGE Charger SRT-8

Smile Looking into the 335i HELP ME

Ok so now I'm typing this again it would have been nice to know that I couldnt use smileys. I am in the market for a new car and have been looking around. My current car is a lease and is up in june. I have narrowed it down to a few I think first off I'm a big guy and have not sat in a newer body 3 yet so that I will have to do. I was thinking about getting a 335i coupe or another srt-8 charger or 300 srt-8. As far as looks the 335 is nice and prefromance can be done with light mods which is a plus. I'm just wondering if you guys could tell me what your paying in lease payments on these cars I was looking at a 36 month with low money down if anyone else has these terms help me out with what i am going to be spending? Also what sort of problems do you guys have I have already read into some of the things on these fourms such as fuel pumps what else? Have any of you ever ran a srt-8 and if so what was the outcome? I have my guess but we'll leave it there. Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    If you are a tall guy, you may want to check the coupe at a dealer. Some people complained about not enough headroom with the sunroof option, but no such issues on the sedan.
    Also search the forum, there are a lot of threads on 335 lease #s and maintenance issues.
    Last edited by mryakan; 03-12-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    DODGE Charger SRT-8
    6'4 290 I might need to get a 4 door but i really like the coupe so I'll go check it out one of these days thanks

My Cars
    05 STI, 70 Cuda, 87 GN

If you want a drag car....

Then you probably want the SRT. I've seen them run 12.60's stock with my own eyes. If you want a really well balanced car that handles well and probably holds it's value better, you might look at the 335.

IIRC, on my E39 M5 and 540 there was a plastic insert at the back of the seat rail that could be removed for extra leg room. Does anyone know if this exists on E90?

08 AW/Terra 6MT E90 on order
    05 STI (Recently deceased)
    87 Grand National (422hp/566tq at wheel)
    70 Cuda 440+6 (resto in progress)
    past:
    E39 M5
    E39 540 Sport

My Cars
    07 335i Coupe 6MT
    I was interested in the SRT 300C, it was nice but they don't lease well and you are going to kick yourself when gas prices keep going up! The 335 is a smaller car, so maybe you could check out the 5-series to gain some extra room (doesn't look as good to me as the 3-series).

When I test drove the SRT I didn't feel like it was fast. I expected some more power feeling, since my bosses E55 has similar performance and was pretty impressive.

If I had to say what I didn't like the most about the 300C was the interior plastic was a tad cheap feeling, and I never felt like my arm was comfortable on the arm rest on the door or on the window sill because it was up so high.

I really still like the look of the car, and it is really different from a 3-series.

My Cars
    '09 M3 Coupe AW (MT)
    Im 6'4" .....and I have a coupe, no problems with head room.....now back seat and trunk space....well thats a whole different story

My Cars
    2008 Atlantic Blue Metallic 335i convertible
    With 2500 down, @ 36 month your lease payment will be 703.00. This is based on MSRP with all the standard addons (prem pkg, sport pkg etc.) The difference will be that taxes and dest charges depending on the state you live in. So the payment wil mostly be a little higher.
    2008 335i Convertible
    Atlantic blue
    1993 RX-7 Black
    405whp

My Cars
    DODGE Charger SRT-8
    well i went and checked one out yesterday i'd have to order one because they didnt have what i wanted on the lot i can fit but I'm still up in the air about this i'm leaning towards the srt-8 charger more then the 300 but now i like this 335i $700 sounds to high to me but i can figure that out. If you drove the 300c that cars a dog go drive a 300srt-8 its got some balls. thanks guys