Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: E9x: Most miles? Major/Minor problems? (Share your experience)

My Cars
    2006 E90 ZSP 6MT
    Build Month/Year: 2006
    Type: E90
    Model: 325i
    Miles: 71,000 miles
    Major problem(s): None
    Minor problem(s): None
    Modifications: none yet, about to order an M-tech bumper and thinking if I should buy HID headlights.

My Cars
    Car
    2007 335i Sport Package Sedan Auto
    70K miles

HPFP
    Injectors
    Water Pump

Small issues are the door lock fuse blowing due to the actuators

-Will
    2006 MS6

My Cars
    03 Impreza
    Bumping for interest interest. The E9x has been around long enough to smoke out some of its inner demons I'd imagine, and this is a great resource for potential used buyers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Cars
    04 325xi, MB 380 SEL
    06 330xi: sport/premium package auto.

Bought at 24k now at 105k. No major issues so far. Did 100k service myself: plugs trans fluid, tires. Ditched the RFT tires. Normal CBS problems saying that rear brakes to be checked at -150k? Eventually reset itself. Plan on a t - stat and h20 pump before the trip to fla. average 29- 31 mpg. Did anyone see MSN autos saying the 10 worst used cars to buy yesterday? 2007 up 3 series ?

My Cars
    2017 M3, 95 M3
    Good info but making me second guess picking up a 07 335i from a small dealer today with 79k miles. Guess I have a few things to look at or consider if I do go through with sale. They are asking $16999 for it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

My Cars
    08 335i step sport prem
    You don't buy a 335 because it will last like a Toyota you buy it cause drives like a car should. It provides feedback, control, power, balance, smiles, and adrenaline.

My Cars
    2017 M3, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by KenU8187 View Post
    You don't buy a 335 because it will last like a Toyota you buy it cause drives like a car should. It provides feedback, control, power, balance, smiles, and adrenaline.
    I hear you, I'm picking this one up for my sister. I just didn't want her to get discouraged by having to dump a lot more money in repairs as I have become accustomed to. You have to pay to play with these cars. Same with tracking my supercharged M3...stuffs bound to break (and does). The wife already is use to every thousand dollar upgrade or repair. I'm just trying to introduce my sister to the BMW world.

My Cars
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas3314 View Post
    I hear you, I'm picking this one up for my sister. I just didn't want her to get discouraged by having to dump a lot more money in repairs as I have become accustomed to. You have to pay to play with these cars. Same with tracking my supercharged M3...stuffs bound to break (and does). The wife already is use to every thousand dollar upgrade or repair. I'm just trying to introduce my sister to the BMW world.

If regular, costly repairs is a cause for concern, do not purchase a used 335 without a warranty

-Will
    2006 MS6

My Cars
    2017 M3, 95 M3
    Thanks for the info. Going today after work to check out the car.

My Cars
    2007 335i Sedan
    Build Month/Year: ?/2007
    Model: 335i
    Miles: 52,000 miles
    Major problem(s): None
    Minor problem(s):
    1) Yellow check engine light for defective camshaft solenoid. Had both replaced by independent mechanic who cleared the soft codes a couple days prior to my appointment with them. CEL didn't return, but there were still soft codes stored. I probably could have had this covered under warranty, but I didn't want to wait 2 weeks for an appointment at the nearest dealer. This repair was done about two weeks ago.

2) Noisy wastegate actuators. Had both replaced under warranty two days ago. It also looks like they replaced the coolant during this procedure.

Modifications:
    None at the time of my first repair (above). Recently I had the clutch delay valve (CDV) removed. That, along with oil/trans/brake fluid/rear diff fluid changes, the car shifts much better. Removing the CDV was a tremendous improvement and is something I should've done over 2 years ago when I bought my car.

Plans: I'd like a Cobb reflash one of these days.

Annoyances:
    1) Squeaky rear brakes while accelerating. Temp fixed them with anti-squeal goop and a thorough cleaning of the rear brake assembly. I plan to use different pads when a change is due.

2) The LCD stereo display cannot be seen while wearing polarized sunglasses. Silly, but annoying nonetheless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Max Rebo; 04-15-2013 at 09:05 PM.

My Cars
    2017 M3, 95 M3
    I know its not the thread for this but we didn't end up getting the 2007 335i with 79k miles because it was a "lemon" factory buy back. It was the HPFP, but the bank did not approve the sale. Plus the car was showing a warning symbol on the dash and seemed kind of limp on the test drive. Not what I expected from the car so I will keep on searching.

My Cars
    318i, 328ic
    Build Month/Year: 10/2006
    Miles: 48.8k miles
    Major problem(s): Hpfp replaced at 10k
    Minor problem(s): O2 sensor before cat replaced at 48k, vacuum pump replaced 48k
    Modifications: misc bulb upgrades

My Cars
    04 325xi, MB 380 SEL
    Update: 330xi 2006 107k. Went to replace leaking valve cover gasket only to find several broken aluminum bolts. Researched this to find this a problem with some years. And, a possibility of broken aluminum bolts holding the head down.
    Not going there gentleman. These cars are plagued with problems and recalls should be in order. Wife traded in on a Hyundai sonata hybrid.
    So , if you update the bolts , have a warranty to 100k, and a good income go for it. And these non turbo were supposed more trouble free. Should have kept the e46.

My Cars
    02 325xit & 88M3
    Gulp!

Recent new owner of a 2012 328i xdrive touring. Bought with 17k kilometers on it, should I be nervous of anything in particular?
    It's the last model year for the e91 (late 2011 build)

My Cars
    04 325xi, MB 380 SEL
    Will optimistic and assume most issues were rendered especially for the last running year. Only time will tell when second and third owners see the report card as these autos start exceeding 100-150k.

My Cars
    2009 328ix-T
    New owner of a one-owner, clean-record, CPO 2009 328ix Touring, 75k km on the clock. Wife and I have already agreed we're going to push for a half million...

My Cars
    '08 e90 335i
    Build Year: 2008
    Miles: 61k miles (purchased CPO at 32k)
    Major problem(s): HPFP and Water Pump (both covered under factory warranty)
    Minor problem(s): Driver-side mirror memory issue (not covered under CPO after factory warranty expired, so repaired myself)
    Modifications: No performance mods. Put on E60 Style 122 wheels (love the look and aggressive offset) and non-RFT Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires (great ride quality). Been thinking about the JB 4 stage 3 tuner, but haven't pulled the trigger...

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this car. The engine and handling characteristics are amazing. After replacing the Bridgestone run-flats with Hankook's, the ride quality is superb. I'm hoping the next 60k miles will be as enjoyable as the first.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    year:2006
    Model: 325i
    Miles:135,000!
    Major problems: Clutch went out, master cylinder went out, slave cylinder went out, brake fluid reservoir got a major clog in it, throw out bearing went out. Replaced all of it myself. Im the second owner.
    Minor problems: Windshield wiper sensor doesn't work, and cruise control went out. Haven't gotten around to these yet.
    ">

My Cars
    325xi E91
    Passenger seat sensor on my2006 325 xit has recall on model year but BMW won't honour

My Cars
    '08 E90 335is 6spd
    2008 335i silver 6 speed 118k miles... black leather in immaculate shape. Fully loaded with Nav, sport and winter package, HID adjusting xenons, comfort touch for the outside. Only thing the car did NOT come with was heated seats which only my wife really minded anyways.

I am the second owner. Car was purchased Certified Pre-Owned from a local Volkswagen dealership thjat the guy apparently traded it on a new VW. His loss, my gain. The first owner purchased it new in Jan od 2008 and drove 200 miles each way once a week from Charlotte NC to Myrtle Beach SC. I purchased in Oct. 2013 and MISTAKENLY did NOT get a warranty. Learned my lesson the hard way. Opted for GAP insurance instead which was a smart thing to do bc and it lowered my interest rate but I should have the gotten the warranty. Payed $13,500 plus $500 dealer fee... not bad at all. Then the issues started a month later. I was pissed but not that surprised. Here's the list:

Waterpump and Thermostat - completed by an out of town BMW specialty shop as I was not near home
    OEM battery and sync -
    Passenger seat malfunction - fixed with battery repair -
    Rear brakes - Zimmerman Slotted and drilled with Hawk Pads + Zimmerman full matching fronts + pads, stainless steel lines, and full brake system flush. (Self install)
    Rear Tires - was running Continental DWS - which I loved) so I pick up a second set
    Full new set of spark plugs as they had over 50k miles on them... made a huge diff
    Need to replace a fuel injector or ignition coil

Upgrades/extra maintenance:
    weekly washes
    monthly wax
    335i badge removal - $0
    Bi-annual 6 month Lexol leather cleaner and polisher
    Custom Euro plate - $50
    Vinyl CF interior trim - self installed carefully $40
    CF Kidney grills - $50

I'm currently looking for black door trim molding for a sedan if anyone has some they want to sell or trade for chrome... hit me up.

Car runs and look IMMACULATE (short of a few hood dings/rock chips) now because I take care of it.

Next on the list is a JB4 from Burger Motorsports then some NEW WHEELS!

All in all the car has cost me since Oct.:

$13.500 base price
    $1400 - WP and thermo
    $250 new battery and install/sync
    $140 new tires
    $100 spark plugs installed by local BMW shop
    $100 diagnostic fees which has given me some other cool features on the car
    $500 Brake setup

All in All - $17000 and you couldn't find a car with more features in better shape for that price ecspecially considering all the maintenance I've already done... I will update this thread - Mods here we come!!!
    Last edited by itsneight; 05-07-2014 at 03:57 AM.

My Cars
    90 and 92 325i convertibles
    Day two with my 2006 330i Sport/premium/sport with manual 6 speed. 193,000 miles and a near immaculate car inside and out. Car drives flawlessly. The prior/original owner was a teacher/professor at a Local University, with a 120 mile daily commute. Was driving 3000 highway miles a month on average. Car was generally serviced and repaired as needed at the local BMW dealer,....but when her Check engine light came on, and dealer said it would cost $1500 for a new Thermostat and a few other bits, she decided it was time for a Lexus. I turned the CEL off, and so far the code P0128 (Low coolant temp) has NOT returned. Fun car, rock solid, really shines in the twisties. The car also has the A/C Schnitzer front bumper cover, and rear deck lid and upper rear window spoilers (I think the last two are coming off). Bought it for $5700 off Craigslit. Diggin it so far.

BC in Austin
    Last edited by bcolins; 05-25-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    "Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway

".........And,... When ignorance is bliss to be wise is Folly". - Unknown

My Cars
    2006 330i
    2006 330i with 101k miles. I have owned it for 3 years (bought with 60k) and still drives great. Most of the regular maintenance i did myself (brakes, plugs, coils, oil changes)

Major Repairs- Starter failed
    Minor-rear driver side window regulator
    power distribution box on top of battery had fuse blow out and burn up the pack, had to replace it, cost me $60

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330XI
    2006 330 xi purchased with 87.000 miles in 2012...now i got 116.000 miles...i replaced the rear shocks and one of the coils - this one was under warranty because i got extended warranty for 2 more years; one front parking bulb was replaced too...

my extended warranty expire at the end of august...what i suppose to tell the dealer to check (replace) before this warranty expire?

any suggestions are welcome

thank you

My Cars
    08 328ix M6
    109k on my 08 328xi - Just got it actually so started picking up things for a rainy day. But about to install H&R Coilovers and some VMR wheels. Car is a 6spd manual and the interior looks brand new. I think the clutch is the stock unit so I will most likely watch out for that.

My Cars
    '01 525iT/'90MB300SE
    Glad to see a higher mileage car with a good report. It sounds like HPFP, water pumps, and thermostats are a consistent problem. Have experienced same cooling system issues with an e39 525iT (an apparent maintenance item). Clutch issues sound a bit worrysome in earlier post. Is yous auto or manual?

My son is hustling me for a 2006 325i Sport model with 185K 0n the clock. Looks clean and a 2 BMW owner. One can only hope he's an enthusiast and maintains his cars right. Really too hot a car for an 18 year old new driver. Maybe give him my 998 suburban znd keep the 325 for me-self.
    the French make wine, the Swedes - blondes, the Germans - sausage, and superior automobiles. Buy accordingly.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast