Thread: DIY: M50 Manifold Install - Modifing the OBD2 IAT sensor to fit into the OBD1 Manifol

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is

Exclamation DIY: M50 Manifold Install - Modifing the OBD2 IAT sensor to fit into the OBD1 Manifol

See the picture below. This works great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Robert

97 BMW 328is - cosmos blk/blk - 2door - 5speed - sport package

Shark Injector - Cosmos Racing CAI - UUC Clutch Stop - UUC Underdrive Pulleys - UUC Delrin Shift Carrier Bushings - UUC SS Clutch Line - UUC TME Red - UUC Stainless Steel Brake Lines - MZ3 SSK - Bilstein Sport Shocks - Eibach Prokit Springs - 96+ M3 Offset Strut Mounts(swapped) - 96+ M3 Rear Sway Bar -
    96+ M3 Control Arms - 96+ M3 LCABs - E46 M3 RSMs - X-Brace - Turner RTAB Limiters - Turner Brass Caliper Bushings - Fan Delete - Rear Shock Tower Brace -

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3
    thanks for the photo. i am still confused as to why the OBD one cannot be used. the electrical connector looks exactly the same. Different calibration for the sensor?

My Cars
    98 Estoril M3/4/5
    Great info. I tried this but the threads would not take and the small plastic nub wore down to nothing. So I found this option

http://store.bimmerworld.com/modifie...ion-p1515.aspx

Instead I removed more plastic and was able to essentially create the same thing without having to buy one from bimmerworld. Works great!

bmos is offline Enthusiast and Technician
    My Cars
    1973 Bavaria, 1998 M3
    I know this is an older thread but I notice the bimmerworld IAT link is broken.
    In case anyone needs it, here is the new link: http://www.bimmerworld.com/Modified-...version_2.html