Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30557071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2052

Thread: Carsoft Success!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Paul,
    INPA may work with your Carsoft interface, but you will have to start Carsoft and diagnose a small module to establish comms with the interface, then quickly switch to INPA.
    Last edited by David Mc; 05-27-2015 at 07:37 AM.

My Cars
    2001 e46
    I'm fu**ed up with carsoft, trying to run it on windows xp sp3 but can't, only one module and live monitoring, everything else writes "module does not respond". Tried about 4 different PC's, a lot of different softwares but nothing... Bmw e46 316i, maybe anyone could give me working link with good working software and tutorial? i dont know what to do... trying to get it running about 3 months
    and what is more, what is sp1?
    Last edited by Ernis456; 06-08-2015 at 01:28 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernis456 View Post
    I'm fu**ed up with carsoft, trying to run it on windows xp sp3 but can't, only one module and live monitoring, everything else writes "module does not respond". Tried about 4 different PC's, a lot of different softwares but nothing... Bmw e46 316i, maybe anyone could give me working link with good working software and tutorial? i dont know what to do... trying to get it running about 3 months
    and what is more, what is sp1?
    I don't know what version of Carsoft you are using or from where you sourced the software but there are literally dozens of poorly pirated copies of v6.5 software in circulation. SP1 was a factory released Service Pack for Carsoft v6.5 which contained some significant upgrades. When you click on the about Carsoft dropdown on your Carsoft screen menu, it will indicate if SP1 is installed - if it displays v6.5.05 the Service Pack is not installed, if it displays v6.5.06 the Service Pack is installed.
    PM me with an email address if you need more info.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 525da e39 Sedan
    Greetings dear bimmerforums users.

Im asking for Carsoft BMW compatible interface V6.5 OBD2 cable pin wiring so if anyone happen to have on hand Carsoft OBD2 cable and could look at those pins connections.
    Here is a picture of my BMW compatible interface V6.5 OBD2 cable that i have, and which I suspect to have wrong pin connections? Cant establish connection to the car.
    In picture, you see 5 wires, the red one is probably at wrong pin place. There is also a sixth wire. The wire is green and cut short so not seen in picture.

http://pinoutsguide.com/CarElectroni...c_pinout.shtml
    that page tells that the pins 1,4,5,7,8,9 and 16 pins should be connected. Also when you look OBD2 connector side of the car (e39 525d aut. 2001) you see that only these pins have contact. Already spend couple of evening for google searching and forum browsing without founding anything OBD2 Carsoft cable pin wirings. Im desperate.
    If anyone have any kind of information or has the possibility to check the wire connections so I would be very grateful for the information. Thanks.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This is the complete guide to 16 pin/20 pin wiring Pin Functions.pdf Carsoft interfaces normally come with a 3 row VGA/DB15/HD15 connector at the interface end, but I have also seen them with 2 row DB15 pin connectors. As for the spare green wire, if you are just making a 16 pin to 20 pin adaptor cable, you should connect one end to pin 1 of the 16 pin end of the cable and the other to pin 16 of the round 20 pin end so that you can read the ignition signal.
    Last edited by David Mc; 06-11-2015 at 11:02 AM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 525da e39 Sedan
    Thanks for the advice and fast reply David Mc.

Im using only the 16 pin OBD connection under dash because this 2001 e39 doesnt have that older 20 pin connection under the hood.
    Mine interface looks like in this picture. So it has 2 row DB15 pin connector on the side that goes to car.

And heres a view from under dash.

So as you can see there finds contact for 1,4,5,7,8,9 and 16 pins.
    In my OBD cable pins 4 & 5 are linked. I assume that this is necessary?
    Above in my earlier post u see in picture (compare) that there goes one orange wire into pin 4. So i suppose that it connects ground
    4 CGND Chassis ground
    5 SGND Signal ground
    to the interface.
    The red one wire connected to pin 15 on the OBD cable is at the empty spot when u compare to the car side OBD connection. This red wire goes correctly to pin 4 on the DB15 side of the cable as i looked in the PDF file you provided.
    Conclusion
    There is unconnected pins 1 & 9 at the car side and the red one in the OBD cable is connected to empty pin 15.
    1 +12V Ignition(in run or start)
    9 TD/RPM Engine rotation speed

Maybe im doing something wrong or missing something? Or could this my 16 pin OBD cable has been earlier modified to work with 20pin adapter? (not sure because i got this interface with car from the earlier owner)
    I hope that someone has just the same interface and could take a look what colored wire goes to what pin in the OBD 16 pin cable.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I wouldn't worry too much about the colour of the wires - wiring colours are about the least scientific thing ever to come out of China. Pins 4 & 5 are both Ground, so they are fine. The red wire connected to OBD pin 15 carries an L line data signal, which Carsoft interfaces use to read data from ADS compliant vehicles. Pin 9 of the OBD port is not connected on any interface (Carsoft,VAGCOM, ADS or OBD) so it does not warrant worrying about. Pin 1 of the OBD connector reads true ignition signal, so if your interface has no connection there, it probably picks up power from pin 16 and emulates an ignition signal.
    Is something not working, or are you just curious?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 525da e39 Sedan
    Ok, i see. Thanks David for the comprehensive clarification.

Maybe i was just mistakenly suspecting the pin wirings.
    The problem is that i cant get connection established between car and computer with this carsoft interface. Friend of mine used his bosch diagnostic device and it worked.

The interface got green lights on at Power, K-Line pin20, K-Line pin17, L-Line pin15 when u plug it in the car side connector.

Maybe my problem is caused by broken cable between interface and computer or some kind of software issue. Tried using old win xp pc with on board serial port and with laptop using serial-usb adapter.
    I have selected right COM port from the device manager (also bios on xp pc) and in the carsoft program settings.

I have noticed that if you try and put wrong COM port in the carsoft setting and try to run the diagnosis test, it gives instantly the error message for checking connection at car side. If the port is right (same as configured in the device manager) it does something for 2-3sec before giving the same error message. So maybe somekind of attempt for connection is going on?

I have considered of purchase of a new interface cable. But still it would be nice to get this old interface work and running because it takes so long to wait they send new one from china, and the car stands still in the garage (e39 525da -01 got fault code for cam shaft sensor and another unknown code, changed new sensor, still no start, maybe fault code clearing needed?).
    Any suggestions on what interface cable to look at? Those k+dcan cables are pretty cheap, but which one would be the best and have most compatibility?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    PM me with an email address and I will send you an interface tester program, that will tell you if it is the interface at fault. Have you previously successfully used your interface with Carsoft, or is it possible that you also have non-functional software (there are quite a number of modified copies of Carsoft v6.5 in circulation and even the functional version is not that good). If you want serious diagnostics, consider purchasing an EDIABAS compatible OBD2 interface like a modded VAGCOM cable with ignition signal detection and use INPA, DIS or even Rheingold/ISTA D. Personally I would avoid a K+DCAN interface unless you anticipate upgrading to a post 03/2007 car in the near future and since you would need ISTA P as well as ISTA D if you decide to do any coding, my preference would be to use INPA and DIS.

My Cars
    89/95 BMW E34 520i
    Can anyone help me with this i changed camshaft sensor & still get this error reading.
    http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc419/Homingbird/Carsoft.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sliverdream; 07-04-2015 at 08:09 AM.

My Cars
    89/95 BMW E34 520i
    looking for help with this error code i changed camshaft sensor & am still getting the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The first thing I would do is to connect your car to INPA in order to verify the errors you are seeing with Carsoft are correct.
    Secondly, when you replaced the camshaft sensor, did you use a genuine part?

My Cars
    89/95 BMW E34 520i
    i had a problem with the car it wouldnt start so i replaced both crank & camshaft sensor it still wouldnt start so itook it to a bmw mechanic who replaced crankshaft sensor & it started .he told me everything else was fine but it is slow on pick up of speed so the afm fault is correct so i think my old C/S THAT Iput back in is faulty along with the aftermarket one i bought as they both give the same reading when scanned with carsoft............

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    OK, so you know that you need to install a genuine Crank position sensor and clean your MAF. There are DIY's on cleaning the MAF but be careful as they contain fine wire filaments that are easily damaged if the MAF is just sprayed with cleaner from a spray can.

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325is
    Helo, I'm new here and I just started making again my new acquisition, E30 1988 325is.
    I just got my Carsoft Interface and I installed the software in a Windows 7 32-bit virtual machine.
    Besides some little problems that I manage to solve, I got a big issue, any module would't respond.
    "Status: Module does not respond"

I would be really grateful for your help
    I'm sorry for the bad picture, but the light is hideous.
    Greets from Chile!
    Last edited by jpromerot; 07-09-2015 at 03:43 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If the ignition was switched on (either just the dash warning lights on, or you had the engine running), check to make sure your battery is fully charged and all fuses are good. When you look at the "about Carsoft" menu, does it show you are running v6.5.05 or v6.5.06?

My Cars
    2004 320i, 2003 320i
    Hi Guys

I decided so may people were have trouble with earlier versions and illegal rips of Carsoft that I’d take the plunge and invest in a genuine version of Carsoft V12 BMW software directly from Carsoft.

Unfortunately I seem to have walked into the same minefield as many others in that it simply will not work.

I have tried a PC which has a serial port and 2 different laptops with USB-Serial converters

I have tried it on my brothers 2000 - E39 - 5 series BMW - using the round 20 pin adapter.

I have tried it on my wifes 2003 320i E46 with the square 16 pin adapter.

I have tried it on my own 2004 329i E46 with the square 16 pin adapter.

The outcome was exactly the same no matter what computer I use on any of these cars

The following showed 'Module does not respond':

DME
    KI
    AB
    ABS/ASC
    ZKE/ZVM
    AC
    EGS
    EWS
    LCM/CCM
    PDC
    CVM

Radio showed 'Status ok'

All service intervals resets show 'Module does not respond'

Gert from Carsoft has been trying to help and he suggested that I disconnect the wire from Pin 8 and fit a bridge wire between pins 7 and 8 leaving the wire connected to pin 7.
    This didn’t work either

The leads and modular Cable Box are a Version 6.5 interface and were given to me by my brother who purchased it from the internet, so they may not be a genuine Carsoft parts and the fault may be in these.

To eliminate these as a cause I may need to purchase these from Carsoft, so that I have the genuine hardware that match the software, but I don’t want to waste the money if the fault is in set up.

Can you comment on the possible cause?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Use an interface tester utility to test communication between your car and computer.

My Cars
    2004 320i, 2003 320i
    David, thanks for the speedy reply and the link via your PM - I'll check the communications with the interface tester and let you all know how I get on

My Cars
    2004 320i, 2003 320i
    I Reconnected Pin 8 and removed the bridge wire between Pins 7 and 8 then used the interface tester David Mc PM'd me to check out the leads and modular cable box

Results were - Loop back test succeeded and Service interval test succeeded, though I did note that the Service interval LED did not light up for 5 seconds as the test program indicated (I don't know if this is significant or not and would appreciate a comment). From this result I guess I can conclude that the problem lies within the software.

I am happy to persist with this diagnostic program to see if I can get it sorted, but would appreciate further comment from the guys with the experience at getting the earlier programs up and running and anyone that has had success in getting the V12 program to work

My Cars
    2004 320i, 2003 320i
    Following a less than charitable email I sent about their software, I was contacted by Carsoft yesterday (They have already contacted me by telephone a couple of times previously,offering suggestions) - nothing resolved at this stage but we have another telephone call scheduled for tomorrow night. Next weekend I'll have another play - with the virus scanners etc... turned off on my PC (which has a serial port). I'll keep you posted on what happens

My Cars
    EY40858 & JE35415
    I just got access to carsoft and played around with it a bit. I noticed that on my E46 (01/1999) I can access a lot more data if I connect throught the connector under the hood. If I connect to the one inside the car I'll only be able to read out the engine codes and live data, nothing more.

But what I found curious, is that the LCM reading function which shows you the vehicles serial number and odometer status, seems to only go up to 300,000 kilometers. My car has 380k kms on the clock but still it always reads exactly 300000.
    1998 Honda Civic 1.5i
    1999 E46 320i
    2001 E46 330i
    2017 VW Polo 1.2 tsi

My Cars
    2004 320i, 2003 320i
    I have now tried my Carsoft V12 on 2 laptops with USB/Serial converters and with PCMCIA card interface with both systems cleaned up and the anti virus protection and MS firewall off, as per David Mc's set up recommendations without success. So I decided to try again with my PC which has a genuine serial port - again following David Mc's set up and after testing the interface connections (loop back test succeeded) and with the virus protection and firewall shut down.
    Still no luck!
    Module does not respond shows up on DME, KI, AB, ABS/ASC, ZKE/ZVM, AC, EDS, EWS, LCM/CCM, PDC, CVM. Radio shows OK

Also tried DME Engine Live Data and still got MDNR

Has anybody had success in running V!2 yet? - If so I'd like to know what they did.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If your computer is running an operating system other than Windows XP, I would suggest you try setting up a virtualised XP operating sytem using either VMware or VirtualBox and installing Carsoft under that. The issue may have more to do with Microsoft's removal of legacy support for 16 bit and in some cases 32 bit applications on its later OS applications.
    Last edited by David Mc; 09-14-2015 at 07:19 PM.

My Cars
    2004 320i, 2003 320i
    Sorry about the delayed reply, I was busy doing work related stuff, and then I took some time selecting and reconfiguring computers. Here’s where I am:

I used a spare laptop which was running XP and made sure it had no antivirus protection programs loaded (McAfee etc…) so these would not be an issue.

I cleaned up the hard drive and reset it, turned off the firewall and loaded the Carsoft V12 program.
    I left the firewall shut down throughout program loading and all the testing at the car.

I then loaded and ran the BMW Cable tested program with the ignition on but the motor not running and the loop test succeeded.

Then I started the car and initiated Carsoft and ran the quick test – single diagnosis and got the following:

Module does not respond shows up on DME, KI, AB, ABS/ASC, ZKE/ZVM, AC, EDS, EWS, LCM/CCM, PDC, and CVM. Radio shows OK

I also tried DME Engine Live Data and still got MDNR

Tried scan error codes and got – no communication.

The laptop I used does not have a serial port so I ran a US Converters USB/Serial Adapter initially. This selected port 3 so I set Carsoft up on port 3 to match (all other ports failed to link)

Then I tried a PCMCIA/serial adapter. This selected port 4 so I set Carsoft up on port 4 to match (all other ports failed to link)

In both cases the Cable tester ran a successful loop test

The PC I have tried has a serial port, but is running windows 7 so I think that may be an issue there

The Cable tester ran a successful loop test on the PC

I need to have another think about this and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30557071727374757677787980818283 LastLast