Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Carsoft Success!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Chris,

Download the Carsoft v6.5 software, SP1 and installation instructions from here http://www.4shared.com/dir/7137899/6...4/sharing.html .

The SP1 file is the one named BMWv65SP011ENG.exe . Follow the installation instructions to the letter (no shortcuts). I have yet to hear from someone who has loaded software from this site correctly and could not get it running.

My Cars
    E36 M3 3.2 EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by ckgixxer View Post
    The path is c:/carsoft/bmw I do not why it is saying path too long? Does anyone have a software cd that I can use? I will pay shipping back and fourth!!!

Thank you

Chris

(oo(lll)(lll)/oo) e46 vert

(oOO(llll)(llll)/OOo) e39 m5
    OK, I get it now. The path is too long in archive .rar file. There are too many folders in other folders and etc. So you need to double click on the Carsoft archive file and actually go inside .rar file, you should see the files that are compressed in there. Go inside the folders there and extract the files manually. That's what I did. If you still have questions, post in here and I'll make step by step tutorial how to get away from this.

My Cars
    e46 vert e39 m5
    Yes I think you got it dj genius, I would love a tutorial on manually opening rar files. This is the first time I used a rar file so I am new to this. Everyone thank you for all your help, I really thank you for your valuable time!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again
    Chris

My Cars
    E70d
    Anybody have Carsoft Ultimate Pro 1.0 working? It looks like it should work with anything OBDII as well.

My Cars
    E36 M3 3.2 EVO
    Working with compressed archive files (*.rar)
    First of all you need to have compressed archive file with an extension of .rar, something like this "FileName.rar".
    The easiest way to extract the files is press the right mouse button over the file you want to extract and choose the option "Extract to FileName\", that means it's going to extract everything into a created FileName folder in the same directory the original file is:

After the extraction you should have FileName folder in the same directory as your compressed archive file FileName.rar is.
    But sometimes this easy way doesn't work. For example if there is a long path inside the compressed file, like folder in another folder and that folder is placed in another one and etc. So to extract those files you'd need to extract them manually. To do so you need double click the left mouse button on the file you want to extract, you should get inside the compressed file and see all the files compressed:

Go inside the "BMW" folder and select all files except "ENG" (click on every file holding CTRL keyboard button), because this particular folder is causing that "Path too long" error:

Then press the "Extract To" button/icon on just below the MENU bar and the other window should pop out. You need to select your C drive on the right hand window and you should get "C:\" in "Destination Path" small window, in addition, wite "CARSOFT\" in there so it would look like this "C:\CARSOFT\":

Next, click OK button, all selected files are extracted to the folder "CARSOFT" on drive C:. Now we need to extract the last folder "ENG" (remember, we left it unselected before). So we select only the folder "ENG":

And extract it into the folder "C:\CARSOFT", like here:

It looks like everything's done, so go and double check if all the files were extracted. Go to the folder "C:\CARSOFT\BMW" and that's what you should see:

If you still get some mysterious problems, let us now
    DJ
    Last edited by DJ Genius; 06-20-2008 at 05:52 AM.

My Cars
    E70d
    Got mine running, and now I am having trouble decrypting what the codes mean.. Ive got DME, ZKE, AIRBAG and INST CLUStER errors and the specific diagnostic readout are telling me "17 - Einspritzsignal ti (TQ) nicht plausibel" and "15 - Wegsignal vom Tachogeber nicht plausibel" (for the Instrument Cluster readout taht is).

I dont know what those are! Where can I converter these into a) english, b) something useful.

My Cars
    E70d
    Oh, and the DME spat out
    230 - Regelfreuens Lambdasonde Bank 2 Fehlershaft
    while the ZKE just spat out 176 with no text.

My Cars
    e46 vert e39 m5
    Dj Genius YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO much for take the time to show me my wrong ways..

Thank you again

Chris

(oo\(lll)(lll)/oo) e46 vert

(oOO\(llll)(llll)/OOo) e39 m5

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Eric, for our English speaking companions the rough translation of your errors are (17) that the fuel injection signal is not within normal parameters and (15) that there has also been a problem with the signal to the tacho. The third (230) is probably the cause rather than effect as it means there is poor response from the Oxygen sensor in exhaust Bank 2. I would try cleaning the O2 sensor, clearing the codes and running another diagnostic.

My Cars
    E36 M3 3.2 EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN3RIC View Post
    Oh, and the DME spat out
    230 - Regelfreuens Lambdasonde Bank 2 Fehlershaft
    while the ZKE just spat out 176 with no text.
    You can translate them yourself, just use:
    Babel Fish Translation

My Cars
    E70d
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Eric, for our English speaking companions the rough translation of your errors are (17) that the fuel injection signal is not within normal parameters and (15) that there has also been a problem with the signal to the tacho. The third (230) is probably the cause rather than effect as it means there is poor response from the Oxygen sensor in exhaust Bank 2. I would try cleaning the O2 sensor, clearing the codes and running another diagnostic.
    Thanks, I actually knew about the O2 sensor issue and gave it a cleaning and cleared the codes.. dare I say it runs betters.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Genius View Post
    You can translate them yourself, just use:
    Babel Fish Translation
    Thanks, but sometimes the direct translation from sites causes even more confusion

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    I just got my interface, and cables (and am having to use a USB to Serial adapter because I don't have a notebook with a serial connection).

But it just errors, and says "Diagnostic Cable reports bad connection" Both the software and the computer are set for COM2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    Ok, little bit more info:

Running Vista machine, but didn't open any ports specifically for the CarSoft software.

Amber P light is on the black box (interface?) but no other lights.

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    I was successful in getting the interface to connect.

I'm only having one issue - I can't connect to the DME or receive Live Data from the DME it says it can't communicate with the module.

My Cars
    E70d
    I couldn't connect to *SOME* things in the program until I ran as administrator and ran under XP SP2 compatibility mode.

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    I noticed some modules were accessible with the engine and ignition off, and some were accessible with the ignition set to position 2.

I just haven't had any luck connecting to the DME, or receiving live data from it. Everything else seems to work ok, and I even had live data from the transmission control module.

I'm going to check my fuses to see if any are out, as I saw that suggestion above.

My Cars
    2008 GTI, 2010 Mazda3
    The link is dead. It starts the download, but never actually receives any information, can someone reupload?

My Cars
    E36 M3 3.2 EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek1490 View Post
    I was successful in getting the interface to connect.

I'm only having one issue - I can't connect to the DME or receive Live Data from the DME it says it can't communicate with the module.
    Is your car OBDI or OBDII?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleAwesome View Post
    The link is dead. It starts the download, but never actually receives any information, can someone reupload?
    I don't know what you are talking about, cause I downloaded the file 5 sec ago, it works fine.

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    OBDII (96 E38, 750il)

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    I checked the fuses under the hood, and except for the 30AMP blower, are all good. I smelled an electrical burning smell from that fuse (the car is supposed to have a bad blower resistor that I haven't fixed yet - just bought the car last week).

About to check the fuses in the trunk...

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    The fuses in the trunk are ok too.

Not sure what else to check with this. Is it possible my DME is bad?

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    I have a couple of questions I would like to ask just to make sure that I am doing the right thing.

1) Can you read live data from the 20 pin connector under the dash?

2) I only have the amber P light on my interface. The K20, K17, and L15 blink when accessed, but do not stay solid green. Is that normal?

I originally tried this with a Vista notebook, but had no success. When I used an XP system, I was actually able to connect to most of the modules, read the error codes, and reset things like the airbag light, and SI indicator.

After checking the fuses in the car, I am still not able to pull live data from DME. I cannot connect to that Module at all.

Is it possible that this USB to Serial adapter is causing the problem?

From what I've read, most people can access live data without an issue. Is it possible the software isn't right?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate your assistance with all of this

-Steve

My Cars
    2008 GTI, 2010 Mazda3
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Genius View Post
    Is your car OBDI or OBDII?

I don't know what you are talking about, cause I downloaded the file 5 sec ago, it works fine.

hmm, maybe the serer was doing maint, or they redirected load or something, I tried from two different IP's lastnight.

My Cars
    BMW 750iL
    I was able to get the DME/ME module to respond, but I still can't get the DME to. I also haven't been able to pull live data from either module.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My Cars
    Sweet Six E39
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek1490 View Post
    I was able to get the DME/ME module to respond, but I still can't get the DME to. I also haven't been able to pull live data from either module.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I also can't get live data to work on my 01 530 and don't know why...

Is the DME and the DME/ME module the same? I will check and see what my carsoft shows later today and let you know...

Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast