Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Carsoft Success!

My Cars
    94E36 m42 SEDAN

Unhappy Carsoft success and failed

I just successfully installed the carsoft an hour ago. I have to confirm that David Mc’s instruction really does work.

But my bad news is the readout. All modules failed to response as the pic below:

But can do the interval reset, all green lights on all the way (at start).

What is wrong, guys?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    PM me, this is usually fairly easy to fix.

EDIT 10/05/2008 sorry guys, had to delete my email details due to SPAM influx.
    Last edited by David Mc; 05-10-2008 at 07:31 AM.

My Cars
    94E36 m42 SEDAN

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I have pm'ed you some further info and have posted a copy here for the information of other members who may have run across the same problem:-

There are several possible reasons (assuming that you are attempting to run the diagnosis with the ignition switched on but engine turned off (dash lights should be on).

1. The "Crack" folder that you used may be incomplete. Check the folder, it should contain 10 files, including instructions. If not, email me and I will send you one that works.

2. Right click on your "Programs" folder from the "Start" menu and choose "Explore". Locate the Carsoft folder, which should be in the "Program files" directory. When you left click on the Carsoft Folder it should contain a folder called "BMW". Choose the BMW folder and make sure that it contains only one file with a "CS V6.5" icon. That file should be called CARSOFT. Double (left) click on the CARSOFT file and it should open the diagnosis screen. Click on the _____?_____ drop down menu and choose "Info about Carsoft" to make sure that it is version 6.5.06. If the version is 6.5.05, SP1 is not installed. If there are 2 "CS V6.5" icons, double click on each in turn to view the version information as described above. Delete the icon for version 6.5.05 and rename the other CS V6.5 file CARSOFT.

3. You may have a blown fuse or faulty cable. Check all the fuses in your car and attempt a diagnostic again. If unsuccessful, try another cable.

4. The battery in your vehicle may be low, check output voltage to make sure that it is >12volts.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-26-2008 at 08:14 PM.

My Cars
    e39 tdi, e39 530d sport
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Finally, after 3 months of experimenting, copying and deleting files, computer harddrive purging and reprogramming I have succeeded in making Carsoft 6.5 SP1 work with my E36!

I can now conduct diagnostics and read live data and have access to all of those nice little extras like door lock programming etc..
    hi David
    I have have Carsoft 6.1 and it appeared to work for the most part but it did not do what I wanted it to do, specifically alter the tick over speed on 1997 525 tdi se. I have tried your suggestions to install 6.5, i have managed to install it (i think) but when i try to run a diagnosis i get a error stating that there is a problem with the diagnostic cable, now this is the same cable as did work with 6.1 so is it a problem with 6.5 or my cable?. I would apreciate any suggestions that you may have.
    what i actually want to do is to up the tickover speed as i have a bit of rough idle.
    cheers

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Rrosscoe,

Carsoft 6.1 will run using my interface but I am not sure about running 6.5 on version 1 interfaces. Cracking 6.1 is a lot easier than 6.5 however so I would suggest that the first thing you should do is to look at the Crack folder you used with 6.5 to make sure that it contains at least 10 files including instructions. If not, email me as per the previous posts.

My Cars
    e39 tdi, e39 530d sport

carsoft 6.5 again

David,
    The files i have are as follows,
    folders
    carsoft 6.5
    carsoft_bmw65_crack
    engelsk carsoft koder
    bmwv65sp01eng
    in the first folder there is,
    folder eng
    file readme
    file usa license
    folder warranty
    autorun
    and setup

second folder
    instructions
    file bmw
    file bmwhlp
    filecarsoft

the third folder is all the English error texts
    the fourth is the sp 1update

do i have something missing as you say there should be 10 files and it appears that i do have 11
    cheers

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    rrosscoe,

The carsoft_bmw65_crack folder should contain 10 files, yours contains only 4. Email me.

My Cars
    97 328is 72 Dat Z
    im leaning towards the purchase of this, but before i do, can someone tell me if they had success with sync'ing the ews with the dme? OH and thank you david mc. this is my only chance for me to fix my car without paying the dealer. Thank you

My Cars
    BMW E39 1997 (523i0
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    This is the info from the Carsft site re SP1:-
    BMW V6.5 Service Pack 01
    This SP corrects the following known issues :
    1) AB Fault Code Indication
    2) DME Status and Fault Code Indication
    3) DDE Fault Code Indication
    4) Carsoft.exe, Compatibility improvement
    </SPAN>
    5) New Features : iDrive Setup :
    (under special functions)
    - Change of Date, Time : settings
    - Change of Brightness settings
    </SPAN>- Coding of Languages settings
    - Coding of Units settings
    </SPAN>- Coding of Steering wheel buttons set.
    - Change of RPA settings
    </SPAN> - Coding of PDC settings
    - Coding of Light settings
    </SPAN> - Coding of Power Lock settings

HI David, I got carsoft 6.5+sp1+cracks from bit torrent, I downloaded the software with SP1 and the crack, by the way, the crack folder contains only 4 files. 3 executables and 1 text file instructions. My question, is the software with the cable only sufficient, to do diagnostic and read data from a BMW E39 20 pin connector? Or carsoft comes with a special hardware that we connect it to the laptop.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You must have the interface box to use with your cables and the crack folder you have will not work properly. Drop me an email with an email address that can handle a 4mb enclosure and I will send you a working crack folder.

My Cars
    5 series 530d 2004

Thanks a lot mate

David, just registered on this forum thanks to you. I have been trying to get carsoft 6.5 to work on an my e60 530d 2004 for months. My old Packard bell broke and i bought a new sony vaio and was told the usb convertor was the problem. So sent for a pcmcia card for another vaio i had then sent for an express card for the newer one.
    The only reason i new it was nearly working was that i could get live data. After trying forever i gave up. Then the other day my increased emissions light came on and i thought i would have another go and found your post.
    It worked fantastic, done full diagnosis and told me what was wrong with my park distance control and switched of the engine light and its not came back on so figure that was due to low fuel.
    The only light it isnt working with is my airbag light. Maybe cause the faults still there but its not telling me the problem. However this is a 2004 model so i am pretty pleased.
    Does anyone know where you can get a list of the codes and also it gives you a bmw part no. and i have the etk disc but the numbers dont match. However bmw could tell me what it was.
    Thanks again mate.

My Cars
    2011 bmw 135i
    for some reason i did EVERYTHING exactly how you said but for some reason i am only at 6.5.05

i cannot get it to 6.5.06

thanks in advance

EDIT:

figured it out myself.

had to delete the CARSOFT65BMW files and just leave the CARSOFT file.

going to try again now
    Last edited by thesk8nmidget13; 05-09-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    -Josh

My Cars
    BMW 3.18 TDS Compact
    Hi DAVID (and other members),

The carsoft 6.5+sp1 I got has the crack folder which contains 4 files.
    Do you have the adress or something like that, so I can get a correct version.
    Thanks for the instruction you wrote earlier, sure to use it when I get the correct version. (and an old laptop).
    There was a funny thing I read when I was browsing about carsoft etc.
    someone wrote that you needed 2 serial ports, that is in my believe not true???
    it is either OBDII or the 20 pin under the hood, that's what I thought....

I'll got the cable set from ebay, OBDII and the 20 pin and the BMW compatible interface V6.5 (guess this is the carsoft version it should use) and it stated that it is the Version 4).

A site (I could not find that site again, let you know when I will) stated that when digital connection failed, you could also try analog connection.
    whats the main difference and is digital test better then the analog?

Hope to see your replies.
    Thanks alot.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    PM me with an email address that will handle a 4Mb attachment and I will send you a working Crack folder. Early versions of Carsoft (circa v 3.1) used 2 ports rather than a single port as is used by v6.1, v6.5 etc.
    When the software suggests an analog test in the event of failure of the digital test, it means that you should conduct a discreet test of the failed component using a multimeter rather than attempting to diagnose the component failure digitally via use of the Carsoft program.

My Cars
    BMW 3.18 TDS Compact

PM

I an not use PM or anything like that?
    Stange but true, but the CP does not show it.
    I think I am going to open a hotmail account and post it here afterwards I delete the post and mailaddress.

Keep in touch.
    thanks
    Marco
    BMW 3.18TDS Compact 09-1998

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Marco, I have emailed you with some info.

My Cars
    Sweet Six E39
    Has anyone seen Carsoft 6.5.06 that read modules and works fine (set the clock to 24hour!!) , but shows zeros for the live DME data?

Thanks!

My Cars
    Z4Mr, 135i, 530xi
    question about carsoft...

1. now it's reading 6.5.06, in german of course....anyone have english files

2. some of the codes have nothing with them, just a code.

ie zkw 66 and 67; airbag 116

any idea how to interpret these?

Joe

My Cars
    1998 332 is
    just to report I have carsoft running properly on Vista with a USB to Serial adapter...

My Cars
    M3/28is
    Anyone successfully aligned their EWS with this?

My Cars
    e36
    has anyone this soft: CARSOFT BMW ULTIMATE PRO 1.0, does it work with CS6.5 interface?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    There is a post here by BCOM320i about Ultimate Pro 1.0, but I am afraid I have not tried the program and do not know if it will run on a v6.5 interface.

My Cars
    M3/28is
    Looks like I may be trying this soon. My main goal is to align EWS with DME on my S52 swap.

Also, is this able to change the instrument cluster odometer from metric (km) to imperial (miles) and vice versa? That would be a bonus!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Carsoft does have a "Vehicle coding" function under its special functions menu, which includes changing display information between km and miles and consumption figures from mpg tp litres per 100 km. I have had no cause to try it so I don't know any more about it other than that it is listed under E46.

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast