Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Carsoft Success!

My Cars
    95 m3, 03 X5, 06 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by a32guy View Post
    So would I be able to datalog live engine information with this on an OBD1 car? Say spark advance, rpm, injector duty cycle, etc?
    I have only seen it work on OBD2 cars. IF someone has gotten it to work on OBD1 please chime in.
    #71 SM
    04 Silver Grey M3
    95 Arctic Silver M3
    03 X5 3.0L Titanium Silver
    07 GX470- Silver

Molon Labe...
    Excellence is a habit, not an act.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes, I can view O2 sensor readings, timing, vanos advance, rpm, coolant temperature, airflow, injector signals etc. all using the 20 pin connector under the hood. OBD2 was not adopted as a standard on Australian cars until recently.

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Very good information. Thank you David. This australian car, was it a bosch or siemens ecu?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Carsoft identifies the DME as BMW Part 1429861 which is a Seimens 5WK9-0322.

My Cars
    96'328I 99'328I 92'325I
    I have the carsoft software and the cables but I cannot "talk" to either my cars. I keep getting a cannot find Diagnostic cable error. Could any body tell me what port setting they use, what lights are on when the cables are plugged into the cars?

My Cars
    95 m3, 03 X5, 06 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsdad1 View Post
    I have the carsoft software and the cables but I cannot "talk" to either my cars. I keep getting a cannot find Diagnostic cable error. Could any body tell me what port setting they use, what lights are on when the cables are plugged into the cars?
    look at your laptop port settings first:
    start menu>all programs>right click on my computer>left click on properties>hardware>device manager>ports. See what Com port your laptop has. Then use that setting in Carsoft.
    #71 SM
    04 Silver Grey M3
    95 Arctic Silver M3
    07 GX470- Silver

Molon Labe...

My Cars
    96'328I 99'328I 92'325I
    they are both set to com 1. If I change it the error changes to cannot open com.
    Are you using the default settings IE.. flow control xon/xoff, baude rate ect...

My Cars
    95 m3, 03 X5, 06 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsdad1 View Post
    they are both set to com 1. If I change it the error changes to cannot open com.
    Are you using the default settings IE.. flow control xon/xoff, baude rate ect...
    set com port to 9600, no flow control, no xon/xoff, 8 bits.
    #71 SM
    04 Silver Grey M3
    95 Arctic Silver M3
    07 GX470- Silver

Molon Labe...

My Cars
    96'328I 99'328I 92'325I
    what about parity and stop?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The cause of this problem is more than likely a dud cable. Disconnect the cables from the interface and check continuity with an ohm meter. I have never had to alter any baud rate, parity, stop or flow control data from the system default settings. I am assuming that you are attempting diagnosis with the ignition on (dash lights illuminated but engine off).

My Cars
    96'328I 99'328I 92'325I
    Thanks for the info
    I am returning the unit for an exchange.
    I ohmed the db9 serial cable from the laptop to the "box". When I plug the box in I get a power light and all green lights except service. I think the box is bad.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you have problems when you receive the exchange unit, PM me and I will help where I am able.

My Cars
    96'328I 99'328I 92'325I
    Cool thanks.

My Cars
    BMW 320I
    Can anyone help me with my carsoft??

I'm running version 6.5 and am having problems erasing the fault codes as well as reading ABS

The only fault code that i could erase was the EWS fault code.

Also i have follwed exactly what this thread has said to do the information.

Please help

Thank you!!!

My Cars
    98 M3 3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    This interface looks exactly like the one I use.
    Good job! Now I can look at installing mine as well. Which vendor supplies the interface, or are they all the same and you need to be lucky to get a working unit?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Carsoft 6.5 does not read my ABS/ASC module either. I think this maybe due to the fact that the OBC is locked (i.e. does not allow access to the module). I intend to unlock the OBC using the Test 19 function and attempt a diagnostic with the module unlocked to see if Carsoft will read the data then, but have not gotten around to it yet - I will keep you posted. I have encountered one member in Germany who was using defective Crack Software and we managed to correct the problem by using a version known to work, but otherwise you should be able to access live data and reset all modules detected. If not - check all vehicle fuses.

As far as the interface goes, if you are using an interface similar to the one pictured in this thread it should work - if not then the problem is more than likely software rather than hardware related.

Update 20 April 2008 - I tried unlocking the OBC and running a diagnostic with it unlocked - no change in the number of modules accessible. The only modules I have not been able to access are the LCM (this information - VIN number, distance travelled since last service etc is available on my car by running a cluster test), EWS (I don't have an alarm fitted) and ABS/ASC. For the cost of the interface, it is still the best value around as I can diagnose and reset DME, Aibag, ZKE, EGS and Instrument cluster fault codes as well as initiating autolocking options, changing between display units (temp in F or C, distance in miles or kilometres etc.), viewing live data and resetting service and oil change intervals.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-20-2008 at 07:05 AM.

My Cars
    e90 328i
    I'm using carsoft 6.5v
    What are the differences n software abilities after SP1 install?
    Does anything change? Any new features SP1 adds OBD1?
    e9x DD

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This is the info from the Carsft site re SP1:-
    BMW V6.5 Service Pack 01
    This SP corrects the following known issues :
    1) AB Fault Code Indication
    2) DME Status and Fault Code Indication
    3) DDE Fault Code Indication
    4) Carsoft.exe, Compatibility improvement
    </SPAN>
    5) New Features : iDrive Setup :
    (under special functions)
    - Change of Date, Time : settings
    - Change of Brightness settings
    </SPAN>- Coding of Languages settings
    - Coding of Units settings
    </SPAN>- Coding of Steering wheel buttons set.
    - Change of RPA settings
    </SPAN> - Coding of PDC settings
    - Coding of Light settings
    </SPAN> - Coding of Power Lock settings

My Cars
    (E38) '01 740iL
    David Mc... you, sir, ARE THE MAN! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your detailed install instructions! I had been having the same "connection" troubles as most.. but after following (to the letter!) your instructions + Update from Carsoft... I am finally able to connect! Thank You -- owe ya one!

I do have a question...E38 Programing, Live Data work flawlessly... but whenever I try and perform the Total Diagnosis or individual diagnosis of any item in that same menu... it appears to start initializing... then I get, "Carsoft Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close..",error followed by a shutdown of the program. Any idea on what I can do to fix this? I am connecting under the hood because my OBC In-Car connector doesn't seem to work (like the others I have seen here who have the same problem).

Hope you can help and look forward to your reply! Thanks Again!

-Gatsby

*ASE Master Auto Technician <> Member, BMW CCA

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This is a common problem which is usually related to bad "Crack" files that are floating around. The folder that works contains 10 files including instructions whereas the bad folder contains only 6 or 7. I have PMed you with the info.

My Cars
    2002 E46 330d Saloon
    I have seen a bittorrent search for 'carsoft 6.5+sp1+cracks' will this work? and will this be the english version?

Thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I have seen a few bittorrent search sites so I am not sure. There is also a download of Carsoft software available here http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.a...ts=BMW%20Tools which I think is v 6.5. Get SP1 from here http://www.carsoftinternational.com/bmwdownload.htm . If the "Crack" folder contains less than 10 files including instructions after you have downloaded the software, PM me.

My Cars
    97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    I have seen a few bittorrent search sites so I am not sure. There is also a download of Carsoft software available here http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.a...ts=BMW%20Tools which I think is v 6.5. Get SP1 from here http://www.carsoftinternational.com/bmwdownload.htm . If the "Crack" folder contains less than 10 files including instructions after you have downloaded the software, PM me.
    In the above link there is not a crack folder. Am I missing something here?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The Carsoft 6.5 download contains a Crack folder.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The download site above contains Carsoft 6.5 and Carsoft 6.1.4 but there are no Cracks specifically for 6.5, PM me re a RAR Crack file to use (About 3Mb in compressed form).

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast