Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 315671727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2052

Thread: Carsoft Success!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Weenick, try this driver with your USB adaptor USB Driver V10.pdf (you will need to change the file extension from .pdf to .zip and extract it before use).

My Cars
    E34 540i '95
    Very long time lurker here; mainly post a bit on BimmerFest, but time to join to get some help on Carsoft from people that sound very experienced from all that I have been able to skimmed through on my phone.
    I bought Carsoft almost a year ago now, and have had some troubles getting it working, but had success through a docking system borrowed after my PC took a crap. Now moving away I have met some other people that need the aid of Carsoft, and I again need to use it.

I borrowed a computer from the person needing to borrow my software to get it setup, but it did not have a serial port, I purchased a serial to USB adapter that I had seen reccomened and successfully used to run Carsoft v6.5, but after getting the computer all setup, I discovered that the battery was toast, now again got another XP machine with a decent battery life for pulling diagnostic data, but am encountering some strange issues.

The Carsoft that come with my module contain the 10 files for a crack and have worked on 3 machines in the past with the proper port on them.
    Now when I try to run the diagnostic sequence I get an error about Carsoft encountering an error and needing to close, followed by a crash of the program.
    Reinstalled the program and now I can read live DME/EGS data, but if i try any other special function, or diagnostic, the program loads to 1/2 of the communication and gives the same error.

Right now Im using a Compaq PC, USB to Serial adapter with installed and configured software, followed by my cracked Carsoft v6.5( that has previously worked fine), into my 95 E34 540ia

If ANYONE could give any kind of guidance I would greatly appreciate it, whether it be download and do this, and check this, I ll double, triple I don't care how many times check if there is a chance that I can get this program back up and running to do diagnostic and not just the live data.

My Cars
    e21 x2 e34 m5 x2 e31 x2
    does anyone have a good link for the sp1 download for carsoft?

everything seems super out of date that i'm coming across...

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by E34ZombieHunter View Post
    Very long time lurker here; mainly post a bit on BimmerFest, but time to join to get some help on Carsoft from people that sound very experienced from all that I have been able to skimmed through on my phone.
    I bought Carsoft almost a year ago now, and have had some troubles getting it working, but had success through a docking system borrowed after my PC took a crap. Now moving away I have met some other people that need the aid of Carsoft, and I again need to use it.

I borrowed a computer from the person needing to borrow my software to get it setup, but it did not have a serial port, I purchased a serial to USB adapter that I had seen reccomened and successfully used to run Carsoft v6.5, but after getting the computer all setup, I discovered that the battery was toast, now again got another XP machine with a decent battery life for pulling diagnostic data, but am encountering some strange issues.

The Carsoft that come with my module contain the 10 files for a crack and have worked on 3 machines in the past with the proper port on them.
    Now when I try to run the diagnostic sequence I get an error about Carsoft encountering an error and needing to close, followed by a crash of the program.
    Reinstalled the program and now I can read live DME/EGS data, but if i try any other special function, or diagnostic, the program loads to 1/2 of the communication and gives the same error.

Right now Im using a Compaq PC, USB to Serial adapter with installed and configured software, followed by my cracked Carsoft v6.5( that has previously worked fine), into my 95 E34 540ia

If ANYONE could give any kind of guidance I would greatly appreciate it, whether it be download and do this, and check this, I ll double, triple I don't care how many times check if there is a chance that I can get this program back up and running to do diagnostic and not just the live data.
    If you are running v 6.5, have you installed SP1? (Check the dropdown menu "About Carsoft" - if it shows v6.5.05, SP1 is not installed, v6.5.06 has SP1 installed)

My Cars
    E34 540i '95
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If you are running v 6.5, have you installed SP1? (Check the dropdown menu "About Carsoft" - if it shows v6.5.05, SP1 is not installed, v6.5.06 has SP1 installed)
    It is showing that the v6.5.05, so mine must be without SP1, I have tried links before that did not have the correct amount of files or were dead links, is there a current file you could link or PM me with please?

My Cars
    e21 x2 e34 m5 x2 e31 x2
    so, ive gotten my carsoft to work sometimes...and googling doesn't make it much easier unfortunately...heaps of info scattered everywhere!
    so, i have it working-ish, it'll only read data off the 20pin under the bonnet, the OBD doesn't want to know me...
    it'll occasionally read the modules, but if i try a full scan, it just says modules not responding, and then the individual scans don't work, but after start up, it'll read individual modules...

any advice?
    Thanks.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Make sure your antivirus is off.

My Cars
    e21 x2 e34 m5 x2 e31 x2
    I don't have one
    I purposely set this laptop up just for carsoft
    No anti-virus or anything else that could affect the software

My Cars
    '98 BMW M3 Sedan
    Just wanted to post a thanks for the info in this thread. I was able to get Carsoft 6.5 working on my laptop over the weekend.

Using the info here I figured out the software provided with my eBay cable did not include SP1. I tracked down a Carsoft 6.5 download that included the SP1 installer. With the SP1 file now available I followed David Mc's instructions, and it worked like a charm.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, so I set up VMWare Player with a 32-Bit Windows 7 Ultimate virtual PC (Carsoft 6.5 won't run on 64-bit Windows). I use an ATEN USB to RS232 converter to provide the serial interface which VMWare is able to pass through to the virtual machine.

I've only used it to diagnose and clear an airbag light, but it went off without a hitch.

I'm due for an oil service and need to replace an O2 sensor, so I'll see how it does with clearing those warnings off the cluster this weekend.

My Cars
    01` BMW 530d
    Hi David.

I just bought a carsoft interface 6.5 from ebay and I can.t make it work. I.m using a laptop on windows 7 64-bit(virtual machine with win xp) with usb to serial convertor. I've intalled the software accordingly to the instruction on this thread . The software version is the one with sp1.

I've turned off the antivirus, firewall, all but... when I try to diagnose the car "the module not respond" for every single module. I've tried on my 00' e39 and on my father's 97' e36, same thing on both cars.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by clauddr; 02-13-2016 at 04:55 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Carsoft v6.5 is 32bit software and is designed to work with a true serial port. Installing it on a Windows XP 32 bit virtual machine will resolve the first problem, but not the second as I have not found a USB to serial convertor that works with the software. Carsoft used to suggest using a PCMCIA card with an Oxford chipset, but I can't verify whether this actually works or not. I think you would probably be able to buy an old XP laptop with a true serial port cheap these days and that would be the best solution to your problem.

My Cars
    89/95 BMW E34 520i
    I am having 2 problems with my car first it has started in drive second i can smell fresh petrol from car when started from cold . It was recently tested nct ( mot in uk ) & passed it. Here is the scan of my car bmw e34 520i auto.
    2016-02-19 13_02_07-Greenshot.png2016-02-19 13_02_49-Greenshot.png2016-02-19 13_03_30-Greenshot.png

Here is a link to another site i asked same question :
    http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/118811-car-scan/

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The car starting in drive looks like the selector lever is out of adjustment and the diagnostic result tends to verify this as a possible cause. The petrol smell is due to the temperature sensor error, which may have caused the fuel mixture to be unduly enrichened. Break out your workshop manual (or TIS) and check the gear selector lever adjustment, then run another diagnostic and see what errors pop up.

My Cars
    318i, E36 M40B18

You're the best David

DB15 pin 1 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 7
    DB15 pin 2 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 20
    DB15 pin 3 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 17
    DB15 pin 4 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 15
    DB15 pin 5 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 16
    DB15 pin 9 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 19
    DB15 pin 15 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 14
    Dear David,
    The following conditions pinout mine:
    DB15 pin 1 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 7 = Same
    DB15 pin 2 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 20 = Same
    DB15 pin 3 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 17 = Same
    DB15 pin 4 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 15 = Same
    DB15 pin 5 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 16 = Nothing
    DB15 pin 9 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 19 = Same
    DB15 pin 15 to Round BMW 20 pin connector pin 14 = Same

Disappearance cable DB15 pin 5 to BMW 20 pin connector pin 16, which causes no detection ECU / EGS when I scan?
    Every time I scan always appear "Module Does Not respond" on ECU & EGS

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes, pin 16 is ignition signal, add another wire for the connection and your problem will be gone.

My Cars
    318i, E36 M40B18
    Dear David,
    The following conditions BMW Carsoft 6.5 Interface mine:
    DB15 pin 5 on the Interface no connection on pcb.

My interface is the same whether you use?

20160224_184303.jpg20160224_184324.jpg20160224_184408.jpg20160224_184509.jpg20160224_184711.jpg

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I really had to go digging to find my old Carsoft interfaces as I have not used them for years. One of them looks identical to yours - externally, but apart from using the same main processor chip, internally it is very different. Carsoft interfaces use different serial port functions to those used by INPA interfaces, so it is possible that rather than detecting a true ignition signal from your car, it emulates an ignition signal. There are so many variants of Carsoft v6.5 interfaces in use that it is impossible to guess how your particular device achieves this - but I suspect that it is via the internal circuit design. The DB15 connector provides the connection to your car, but it is what your computer "sees" from the serial connection end of the interface that will determine whether it recognises an ignition signal.

The front of the circuit board on my interface is screen printed "BMW Intreface v1.6" and on the back "OBD FACTORY 101". I'm guessing that my unit is an old version of the one you have as the ATMEL chip is a different shape (AT89C4051-24PU with identical number of pins) and has a bank of 7 resistors mounted next to it. The 3 terminal positive voltage regulator mounted above the main Exilinx XC9536 chip is also a full-sized L7805CV, but is designated as IC3, the job of which appears to be done by a little 8 pin IC on your unit.

My Cars
    318i, E36 M40B18
    Thanks David,
    This time I was able to connect my DME, E36 M40 (318i 1992).
    The problem has been there on the RS232, because I use a USB-RS232, a variety of USB-RS232 converter I have purchased but none managed to connect to my DME.
    I assemble T5730 (Thin Client base), and have a real RS232 port (com1), and i have managed to connect to all the modules in my E36.
    The bottom line for cars with OBD1 interfaces must use real RS232

Many Thanks to David for his guidance.

1.PNG 2.PNG 4.PNG 4.PNG
    Last edited by bambangmuliyadi; 06-02-2016 at 05:08 AM.

My Cars
    E39
    Where can i found Sp1file? Did you find it?

- - - Updated - - -

Sp1 file needed, PM. Thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Did you find SP1 file? PM please

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i

My Cars
    2004 BMW E61 530d SE
    Hi there. Sorry if these questions have been asked, but looking for a concise answer!

Just purchased a carsoft 6.5 serial interface, but I'm having issues installing the supplied software. I'm running a windows 10 x64 laptop (Dell Latitude D630) with an inbuilt serial port, but the supplied software only wants to work on x86 and get an error about CCMV32AA.exe not being compatible. I notice that the official carsoft software is now V12.

I can see talk of getting it to work under Win 7 x64, but the links are either out of date or password protected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Carsoft v6.5 was only designed to work with cars built before April 2004. Later versions (i.e. after v7.0) require a security dongle to work at all - I won't go through my thoughts on the later versions here, but there are lots of better options available. The software is 32 bit and requires a true serial port to work correctly - as virtually every copy of v6.5 software I have ever seen is a pirated version, the functionality varies from zero to 100%. The only way I can imagine you installing this software successfully on a 64 bit system, would be to install it to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3. You need to install v6.5.0, then SP1, which will update the software to v6.5.06.
    Personally for the amount of functionality you will get from the software, I would suggest using your Carsoft interface as a wheel chock. If you want a computer based diagnostic software solution, consider purchasing either an ADS/OBD (199*-2006) or K+DCAN (2000 - 2010) interface and using INPA (and/or DIS) or ISTA/D (DIAGNOSTICS only). For a wireless solution look at Carly for BMW Pro which will do diagnostics and some coding. A Carly Gen 2 interface for iOS will give you model coverage from 199*-current or you can use a bluetooth interface with adapter cable set for Android systems.
    You can see Carly in action here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjU...ature=youtu.be

My Cars
    e39 540i auto
    Hello, I have been trying to read DME or Live DME or EGS modules on E34 520i late 95' and I get "no response from module" all the time. It works just fine on other cars but I have to admit this one is the oldest I have worked on. Anyone knows if the car is too old to read DME and EGS modules or some issues with OBD1 ? I would appreciate any help, thank you.

My Cars
    E34
    Finally, after 3 months of experimenting, copying and deleting files, computer harddrive purging and reprogramming I have succeeded in making Carsoft 6.5 SP1 work with my E36!

I can now conduct diagnostics and read live data and have access to all of those nice little extras like door lock programming etc..
    Could you send me the program I only find a torrent of 4 files. Thank you!
    mp
    (Sry english)
    Last edited by Mx310; 02-28-2017 at 03:48 AM.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 318i
    Hi
    Can you please tell me where I can find BMW_Interface_Tester.exe Carsoft reports "Unit does not respond" I think it may be my USB/Serial Port adapter but I would like to run BMW_Interface_Tester.exe

Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 315671727374757677787980818283 LastLast