Page 8 of 301 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Hey guys! Im having a problem, I can't get into my trunk to recharge the battery...as the battery is allready dead. Is there a button that operates a mechanical linkage?
    Yes (actually sort of a string to pull) but it is inside the car. Owners manual has pics as to exactly where and how.
    Yes, it's a 6-speed Touring...
    WTB:
    - a pair of early factory Touring tails - the all-red US type

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Tourings FTW!!!!

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by dinan e39 View Post
    gotta love bankers touring. it reeks of the pure sechs!
    awwww...thanks bro!!! i'm just trying to rise up from the ashes, long live willis!!!

My Cars
    99 BMW 528IT, 93 Acura Integra
    has anyone seen the red and clear tails on ebay. im really interested on getting red/clear for my 99. also that roof spoiler too on ebay. any input...

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    Quote Originally Posted by meccasda9 View Post
    has anyone seen the red and clear tails on ebay. im really interested on getting red/clear for my 99. also that roof spoiler too on ebay. any input...
    I've thought about buying a roof spoiler for my touring before, but $399, plus shipping, plus paint...

I vote we take a BF vendors family hostage until they agree to make a replica
    Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    C'mon man, you thats how Ken rolls... one minute he's posting about naming his new puppy, by the 4th page of the thread he's asking wheres a good place to bury his new cat...

My Cars
    99 BMW 528iT
    bump. tourings rule :-)

My Cars
    1999 528IT Touring
    I see that Vogtland has lowered the price on this kit that I have on order for my Touring

http://vogtlandsuspension.com/p734/BMW-5-E39|-all-6-cyl.|-excl.-8-cyl.,-EDC,530D|951007/product_info.html

I emailed them and asked if they will be crediting me the difference. I let you know the answer when they get back to me.

Question......when you apply the brakes,are the turn signal lamps supposed to go on also? I just changed to depo clear rear tailight lens and also installed stealth bulbs.....thanks banker for the headsup on getting the bulbs from Autozone.

I never checked this with the stock set up.....do I have wiring issues?......no fault codes either
    Last edited by Wagoooon; 04-18-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: brain fart

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagoooon View Post
    I see that Vogtland has lowered the price on this kit that I have on order for my Touring

http://vogtlandsuspension.com/p734/BMW-5-E39|-all-6-cyl.|-excl.-8-cyl.,-EDC,530D|951007/product_info.html

I emailed them and asked if they will be crediting me the difference. I let you know the answer when they get back to me.

Question......when you apply the brakes,are the turn signal lamps supposed to go on also? I just changed to depo clear rear tailight lens and also installed stealth bulbs.....thanks banker for the headsup on getting the bulbs from Autozone.

I never checked this with the stock set up.....do I have wiring issues?......no fault codes either
    do not alter the wiring...u must have ur ecu flashed with euro spec lighting configuration. go to an indy and they should be able to program it for u...i had a buddy of mine do it with his usb based obdii connection to his laptop....$40 was well worth it.

My Cars
    1999 528IT Touring
    Ok sweet,thanks for the info.... I still have not managed to get clear corner headlight lens yet......still on order. First set,they found out all their inventory was boxed wrong. 2nd vendor says they should have some around the end of this month.

If I go and have that done now with the stock front lights still in place....will that have any effect on the fronts as far as turn signals?

In other words,should I wait to have to have the ecu flashed after I get the fronts done...or have it done now? Thanks for your help

Mapquest say 6 hours from me to Huntington Beach lol

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Ok sweet,thanks for the info.... I still have not managed to get clear corner headlight lens yet......still on order. First set,they found out all their inventory was boxed wrong. 2nd vendor says they should have some around the end of this month.

If I go and have that done now with the stock front lights still in place....will that have any effect on the fronts as far as turn signals?

In other words,should I wait to have to have the ecu flashed after I get the fronts done...or have it done now? Thanks for your help

Mapquest say 6 hours from me to Huntington Beach lol
    It shouldn't matter...because euro spec lighting configuration up front is identical to us spec...

My Cars
    E39
    I originally posted new pics with the new mods (M5 style front bumper and side view mirrors; Roof wing and painted interior trim) on the "pic request: e39 SLAMMED" post and I forgot about the "Unofficial E39 Touring Thread" where I should have posted in the first place. I apologize for posting duplicate pics.

Mike
    Current Daily Driver - 2010 Toyota Prius
    Weekend - 1993 Sebring Silver NSX
    Former Daily Driver - 2000 540IT (SOLD)
    Backup - 2005 Tacoma TRD 4 Door (SOLD)

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Mike,

NICE touring, sir.
    Are those 19 mpars?
    What color is the trim painted?
    Garrett

My Cars
    1999 528i touring, 1967

I am curious what they charged you because when i checked the Vogtland link, it listed the touring spring set as $329.99 which is the same as the rep qouted me.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by MCE39 View Post
    I originally posted new pics with the new mods (M5 style front bumper and side view mirrors; Roof wing and painted interior trim) on the "pic request: e39 SLAMMED" post and I forgot about the "Unofficial E39 Touring Thread" where I should have posted in the first place. I apologize for posting duplicate pics.

Mike
    when you did your KWV2 suspension upgrade, what other suspension components did you also do? i'm curious since i'm planning to do the v2's myself but was thinking if it would also recommended to do the urethane bushings, getting new arms, sway and struts all at the same time. thanks in advance!

My Cars
    '06 X5 4.8is
    mike, where are you in the bay area? we've got a few of us touring owners here and are always looking for more. great pics and really nice car.

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Say, anyone have their all-red stock US tails left over? You know, the grass is always greener...etc
    I see clear corners all the time... reds on the other hand would be different here And at least it gets rid of the amber.

Headlight covers are probably the next mod (after CDV delete). With a yellow dutch license plate now on, the different shade amber corners starts looking really bad on this silver car. Since I can't change the license plate, the corners will have to go. Headlight covers are pitted anyway, so that's not a great loss. I'm still undecided between smoked and clear corners though, and it's below rims on the priority list. Must say I haven't seen a single pic of smoked front corners on an E39, although smoked-corner depo covers are all over ebay... anyone got pic???

BTW the tailgate wiring issue has been solved - I found you CAN reach the tailgate wiring through the roof speaker hole, and managed to replace all broken wires by pulling new wires through (taped to an old one that was still in one piece. Only one wire was completely severed, three others just had cracked insulation. I guess I caught it fairly early.). Pics later, if anyone's interested. Rear wiper is now working again - now to find out why the window release still isn't. Can't be too hard with WDS in hand, just haven't really looked into it yet.
    Last edited by websworld; 04-28-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    WTB:

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by 415banker View Post
    It shouldn't matter...because euro spec lighting configuration up front is identical to us spec...
    No side markers on US E39? Euro don't have side markers in the corners, turn signals only. And I think parking light configuration (first click on the light switch) may be different as well. On my '97 that's a tiny halogen bulb in the high beam unit. Turns on at first click, stays on at second (when the low beams turn on).
    WTB:

My Cars
    E39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog 20/20 View Post
    Mike,

NICE touring, sir.
    Are those 19 mpars?
    What color is the trim painted?
    Thanks... Yes they are 19 mpars and the trim color is gun metal.

when you did your KWV2 suspension upgrade, what other suspension components did you also do? i'm curious since i'm planning to do the v2's myself but was thinking if it would also recommended to do the urethane bushings, getting new arms, sway and struts all at the same time. thanks in advance!
    I think I did the KW's in September of 2007. I didn't do anything else. I didn't know there are options for sway and strut bars. I may have to add those two to the list of iPod and exhaust or tips project.

Quote Originally Posted by dinan e39 View Post
    mike, where are you in the bay area? we've got a few of us touring owners here and are always looking for more. great pics and really nice car.
    I don't know if you remember, I asked about your roof wing and you replied with one that was up for auction on eBay.

I live in Daly City. I would be up for a meet. Maybe we can meet at a Starbucks for coffee sometime. I also own a 93 NSX, so I get together with a bunch of owners for coffee or for food (breakfast, lunch or dinner) about once or twice a month.

Who else is around and where do they live? where do you live?

Thanks,

Mike
    Current Daily Driver - 2010 Toyota Prius
    Weekend - 1993 Sebring Silver NSX
    Former Daily Driver - 2000 540IT (SOLD)
    Backup - 2005 Tacoma TRD 4 Door (SOLD)

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840ci
    Here you go, updated look on my Touring.

Front and side shots of the car.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    Here you go, updated look on my Touring.

Front and side shots of the car.

pare!!! hehehehe you're turning into a picture whore! lol!

edit: i love the way how ur vert is in the background! good angle!

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by websworld View Post
    No side markers on US E39? Euro don't have side markers in the corners, turn signals only. And I think parking light configuration (first click on the light switch) may be different as well. On my '97 that's a tiny halogen bulb in the high beam unit. Turns on at first click, stays on at second (when the low beams turn on).
    oh! what i meant was the programming =)...if that makes sense :

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840ci
    pare!!! hehehehe you're turning into a picture whore! lol!

edit: i love the way how ur vert is in the background! good angle!
    Its ok, I don't post a lot of my car that much anyhow, so once in a while is ok.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    Its ok, I don't post a lot of my car that much anyhow, so once in a while is ok.
    no, being a picture whore is good!!! comes to show that ur falling in love with car all over again!!! =)

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    oh! what i meant was the programming =)...if that makes sense :
    Yeah, kinda... I guess

So what's US taillight programming then... multiple bulbs double as turn signals?

For Euro tails, upper bulb (21W) is turn signal, middle (5W) tail, bottom (21W) brake. Separate bulbs for each function.

Tailgate unit: upper = all tails,
    bottom inner = fog, bottom center = reverse, bottom left = no bulb. Not sure about wattage, haven't checked those yet.
    WTB:

My Cars
    '06 X5 4.8is
    Thanks... Yes they are 19 mpars and the trim color is gun metal.

I think I did the KW's in September of 2007. I didn't do anything else. I didn't know there are options for sway and strut bars. I may have to add those two to the list of iPod and exhaust or tips project.

I don't know if you remember, I asked about your roof wing and you replied with one that was up for auction on eBay.

I live in Daly City. I would be up for a meet. Maybe we can meet at a Starbucks for coffee sometime. I also own a 93 NSX, so I get together with a bunch of owners for coffee or for food (breakfast, lunch or dinner) about once or twice a month.

Who else is around and where do they live? where do you live?

Thanks,

Mike
    that's right, it's all coming to me now. that wing looks really good. glad it worked out. i'm in fairfax (hippie land) and brian is up in the santa rosa area. i would love to have a little bay area get together in the near future. brian and i are getting our m5 bumpers painted right now and hope to do the install within a week or so. let's stay in contact and maybe we can make something happen. cheers.

chris

Page 8 of 301 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast